No announcement yet.

Shockers-Redbirds Gamethread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to kansas.com Bob Lutz has a column about it. Didn't sound too whippy.

I don't know what to do. In fact, I've been kind of beside myself for the last 9 hours or so. I don't understand.....nothing makes sense to me.

I know it's a game, and each game is going to have a winner and a loser. And I'll be the first one to say we had our chances to win (but doesn't everyone??) and should have made plays here or there to win.

And hats off to ISU who really played hard and made 1 more play than we did.

But what's with game deciding calls? Don't we hear all the time that refs let the players decide the game late? VCU, UE, ISUR, UCONN etc etc. What's with these game deciding calls, that NEVER go our way?

No way that foul gets called in the Big10, Big12 etc etc. NO WAY.

I'm going to bed before I say a lot of things about a lot of people, places, fans and coaches that I might regret. I still may say them tomorrow, but I am going to sleep on it for at least a couple of hours.

I still believe this team is as good as all but the top 5-7 teams in the country. and maybe that will carry the day for me, but somehow I doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueViewWSU View Post
      The other 9 Valley schools were happy today..
      I expect ISU to be happy. I don't get the joy from everyone else. Maybe UE. CU fans were absolutely giddy. 2 young guys stood behind me and chirped for about 5 minutes giggling like a couple of 10 year old girls at the end of the game. I thought CU enrolled smart kids? These 2 clowns have no idea how close they came to an unfortunate path with me. Had I not actually believed we were going to get beat for the last 30 minutes or so, I would have been keyed up and it would not have been pleasant.

I visited with several CU fans that were very nice, even a couple that sat in my seats after our game, and they were very cordial and polite and we had a nice exchange (although I don't know why people don't sit in their seats for the most part). These 2 clowns needed a beating. Glad I'm older and at least marginally smarter these days.

Creighton fans wanted nothing to do with WSU....that's why they were happy. WSU fans wanted CU. As usual, we won't get what we want.

I know some people are going to try to spin this loss. Hell, I was one of them that said I was worried about winning a bunch of games in a row going into the tournament. A loss might be needed to cleanse the palate.

Well, I no longer think that. I believe this loss is going to have a long term effect not only on this year's team, but on the program. It's not fear mongering, and it's not a 12 hour hangover.

This team went from really good to great because of confidence and mojo and that went byebye. And unfortunately, this is just the beginning.

Comment

• The thing that gets to me was the post game. All year I thought HCGM would be at WSU for a long time. I no longer feel that. I think he wants out of the Valley now. I think there's a good chance he'll be somewhere else next year. I SURE hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• At least none of our players were crying like a little girl after this loss like Will Creekmore from SWOMO last year.
          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Lutz the Putz's article sounds to me like he his calling out coach Marshall. Personally, I can't stand Lutz. He uses his platform to express his opinions - but that does not make it fact. I didn't get where the coach said conspiracy theory - that sounds like something Putz picked up from Shockernet or from fans. The coach and players both listed things we should have done better - coach said he saw a few strange things - but nobody layed it ALL on the officials.

It was a one point, one possession game BOB. One basket made, one less turnover, one foul called (or un-called), one ball given to the wrong team at the 18 second mark - any of these could have made a difference. Yes, you can never count on officiating, so you need to win it for yourself - that's what we always say. But, that being said, calls do have a major impact in a one point game.

Comment

• ...oh yeah BOB, fans of OTHER Valley schools really love your article - thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                This is the first that I have heard of this alternate board. Why would people be SCARED to join? I just bet most people don't know it exists.
                It's been mentioned on here a couple of times and has been in my sig for a couple of months. It's slow since nobody seems to post but DTSB and myself but it only takes a couple of posters to get things moving in the right direction.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Really disappointed in Lutz's article. No question that he subtly accuses HCGM of believing in a conspiracy, then states as fact that it is not so. Also, as of this instant, it feels like Coach will flee this conference at the earliest opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    It's been mentioned on here a couple of times and has been in my sig for a couple of months. It's slow since nobody seems to post but DTSB and myself but it only takes a couple of posters to get things moving in the right direction.
                    Looks like the only thing in your sig that is NOT clickable is MVCFans Alternative.
                    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                      Lutz the Putz's article sounds to me like he his calling out coach Marshall. Personally, I can't stand Lutz. He uses his platform to express his opinions - but that does not make it fact. I didn't get where the coach said conspiracy theory - that sounds like something Putz picked up from Shockernet or from fans. The coach and players both listed things we should have done better - coach said he saw a few strange things - but nobody layed it ALL on the officials.

It was a one point, one possession game BOB. One basket made, one less turnover, one foul called (or un-called), one ball given to the wrong team at the 18 second mark - any of these could have made a difference. Yes, you can never count on officiating, so you need to win it for yourself - that's what we always say. But, that being said, calls do have a major impact in a one point game.
                      Lutz doesn't like Gregg Marshall (only WSU coaches he liked were the KU guys, Turgeon and Miller) because Marshall years ago told him to take his clown act and get the #&%! out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                        Looks like the only thing in your sig that is NOT clickable is MVCFans Alternative.
                        Works on other sites. I'll fix it. Here's where you can register http://csnbbs.com/member.php?action=...referrer=33108
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I don't care for Lutz (with the small U sound). He writes editorials - not articles.

Comment

• It's Paul's job to write articles, Bob's job is to write editorials. No question that he resents Marshall, though.

Comment

• There are alternatives to 3G not coaching in the MVC that do not include 3G leaving. I hope ES is looking and listening.

I had great seats for this game and it was obvious that the whistles were not the same on both ends of the court. Having said that, we should have won anyway.

Comment

• I suggest that every Shocker fan that calls into Sports Daily tomorrow provides the incorrect pronunciation of Lutz. It's time to set that guy off. He should write editorials about American Idol instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X