X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toure' Murry missed Layup.
    Ben Smith missed Three Point Jumper.
    David Kyles Turnover. (a JC foul)
    Joe Ragland made Three Point Jumper. Assisted by Ben Smith.
    Ben Smith made Three Point Jumper. Assisted by Joe Ragland.
    Foul on Ehimen Orukpe (not a foul by JC rules)
    Toure' Murry made Layup. (At 6:35 of 2nd half)
    Joe Ragland missed Jumper.
    Ben Smith missed Three Point Jumper.
    Joe Ragland missed Jumper.
    Toure' Murry missed Three Point Jumper.
    Toure' Murry made Free Throw.
    Toure' Murry missed Free Throw.
    Carl Hall missed Jumper. (another JC foul)
    Demetric Williams missed Three Point Jumper.
    Joe Ragland missed Jumper. (after another JC foul)
    Toure' Murry missed Jumper.
    Garrett Stutz missed Jumper.

That is our offense the last 10:36 of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      It's going to be this way as long as we are in the Valley. I hope that HCGM and the rest of the team continues to understand that it's us against 9 teams and the league. Every year. I don't give a **** if the Valley gets 3 teams in. I only care about WSU and my feelings on this get cemented more and more each year. Screw the Valley.

On to the NCAA. One extra day of rest and one less game for some other scrub team to cheap shot our guys.
      Do you feel that there is such a thing as having too much rest? I do. I for one believe that if the Shox could play tomorrow, they'd come out with fire shooting out their ears and noses. Now they have two long weeks to simmer on this lost opportunity and perhaps get a little rusty.

On the flipside, this time can be used to get healthy and regain focus. It will be interesting to see how the Shox come out swinging.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        Do you feel that there is such a thing as having too much rest? I do. I for one believe that if the Shox could play tomorrow, they'd come out with fire shooting out their ears and noses. Now they have two long weeks to simmer on this lost opportunity and perhaps get a little rusty.

On the flipside, this time can be used to get healthy and regain focus. It will be interesting to see how the Shox come out swinging.
        The rest seemed to help them last year. They came out swinging at the beginning of the NIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
          I'll say it again:

13 fouls on Carmichael. 13. that's 13 FT's if we shoot our average.

Yes, we needed one shot to fall, and didn't get it.

We needed one call to be called on Carmichael that wasn't called.

We needed Wilkins T (whatever he said was enough the ref's heard it) not to be called on Garrett for turning around, asking why, never lifting his hands above his waist, and never touching anyone, to be called correctly which should have given us 2 more FT's.

Why didn't we get those FT's? If we get those and make them, we win the game @XManCometh:.
          The shots were there for the making and we decided to brick 41 of them. No matter how you slice it, or how horrible you think the officiating was, we missed FORTY ONE SHOTS. We're the 14th ranked team in the nation, we shouldn't go 7 minutes without a FG unless we're wearing mittens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
            Another reason HCGM will want to bolt this conference.
            Why would Marshall want to bolt to another conference? He likes it in Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by tw805 View Post
              Do we really think this will bump them all the way down to a 6 or 7?
              I don't. I remember looking at the five and six seeds and thinking that the separation between us and them looked pretty big.

Anything is possible, and I would never put it past the selection committee to screw a mid-major. But I think this drops us to a five, personally.

I also think IllState beating us might be enough to make them a top 100 RPI team. They are sitting at 115 right now. If they beat Creighton, they absolutely are. At that point, while we have one extra loss on our record, we also gain two top 100 wins, right? I don't think that kills our resume much.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                The rest seemed to help them last year. They came out swinging at the beginning of the NIT.
                Getting out of this garbage league is what helped them last year.

Comment

• Agreed. I'm not even sold on the five yet. I think it depends on how the teams above us do in their conference tournaments. A few of them are likely to blow it. I think the higher percentage is on the five, but nothing else is out of the question.

Comment

• I think the argument in this thread is splitting hairs. The officiating was awful. We played awful. The officiating probably added to how bad we were playing, but we still could have and should have won the game. We have to play better in the future.

WSU should be mad coming out of this game. Realistically, we didn't need to win this tournament. If they go into the NCAA tournament with a fire under them from this game, awesome.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post

I think the longer they are off, can hurt them. But this year, we seem to have legitimate illness issues. So the longer we have, I think in this case, can't hurt. I'm not sure what the deal was today, with them. But it may take a week just for them to get this out of their mind.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• You shocker fans are so funny. You get bumped around in the paint for one game and you think the whole conference is out to get you. Newsflash....Doug has been getting beaten up in the post all year long just like you guys did today (supposedly). Not once do you hear Doug or Greg b*tch about it....they just play through it. Doug continues to play amazing despite this contact.

Why don't you guys grow up and take your beating and stop whining.

Comment

• 89-68 Gfy. #champs

Comment

• Originally posted by GoJaysMVChamps View Post
                            You shocker fans are so funny. You get bumped around in the paint for one game and you think the whole conference is out to get you. Newsflash....Doug has been getting beaten up in the post all year long just like you guys did today (supposedly). Not once do you hear Doug or Greg b*tch about it....they just play through it. Doug continues to play amazing despite this contact.

Why are you here? And I havent heard our players complaining either dumbass

Comment

You shocker fans are so funny. You get bumped around in the paint for one game and you think the whole conference is out to get you. Newsflash....Doug has been getting beaten up in the post all year long just like you guys did today (supposedly). Not once do you hear Doug or Greg b*tch about it....they just play through it. Doug continues to play amazing despite this contact.

Someones still a tad sore of getting mushroom printed on they're own floor....

Comment

This is awesome. Echenique never has to complain because he gets away with MURDER.

Comment

Working...
                                X