Austin Reaves article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Not imo, i'd rather see the players decide the game. If it's not 100% clear and obvious, I don't want to see it blown there. And that was minimal contact at best.
    If the ref does not blow a whistle on a foul that is called in the rest of the game, they are deciding the game. Not the players.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

If the ref does not blow a whistle on a foul that is called in the rest of the game, they are deciding the game. Not the players.
      This was what I was about to say and you beat me to it. I can see those gray area calls where a ref might be a little less certain not being called at the end but it MIGHT have been called earlier, but a foul is a foul no matter how much time is or isn't on the clock.

And if a player fouls, the player is deciding the game by fouling. Not calling a foul a foul is taking the game out of the players hands and ignoring the rules.

With that said, no official likes making a call at the end of the game, but if it's a foul and you see it you better blow your whistle.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Any negative feelings toward Austin stems from his family that posted here. Media will media and bias will always shine through.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
          Any negative feelings toward Austin stems from his family that posted here. Media will media and bias will always shine through.
          I don't believe he was family. I'm guessing, but I believe he is mentioned and quoted in the article.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
            What are you talking about? AR and his family handled his departure with absolute professionalism If you want to refresh your memory, watch the handshake line post the OU/Shocker game where Marshall greets AR.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I don't believe he was family. I'm guessing, but I believe he is mentioned and quoted in the article.
              You are correct, the guy who posted on Shockernet is not a family member.

Comment

Oh brother, not this bafoon again...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Oh brother, not this bafoon again...
                  Bafoon - is that Southern Cal speak? Perhaps the word you sought to use is buffon, I learned to spell that word in the second grade in a small, rural Kansas school with nine (9) other students. ROFLMAO!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Bafoon - is that Southern Cal speak? Perhaps the word you sought to use is buffon, I learned to spell that word in the second grade in a small, rural Kansas school with nine (9) other students. ROFLMAO!!
                    Actually, I believe the correct spelling is buffoon. I've been told I should know.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Actually, I believe the correct spelling is buffoon. I've been told I should know.
                      Yup.

buf·foon
                      /bəˈfo͞on/

noun
                      • 1.a ridiculous but amusing person; a clown.

Calling someone else out for a wrong spelling, then spelling it wrong yourself. ROFLMAO!!

Comment

He was fouled.

Comment

Got me but I wanted MKR to do so.

Comment

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

That was the best thing I’ve seen in a lonnnnng time.

From now on, 76 will be known as buffon….. LMFAO!
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Fever makes a post I can gladly endorse. '76 always posts with "class" - just without a couple of letters from that word.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Yep. I may not know how to spell but at least I'm not good ol buffon. Someone might want to check the credentials of that second grade teacher.

Comment

Working...
                                X