Austin Reaves article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Reaves article

"But after two years in Wichita, he felt he needed to prove himself at a higher level, so he transferred to Oklahoma..."

Well that is one side of the story.
    The undrafted rookie has carved out a role for himself amid the Lakers’ many future Hall of Famers. What a journey it’s been from Newark, Arkansas, to Los Angeles.

Eh. Who cares.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Honestly don't care anymore. Good for him. He isn't a Shocker to me. He's a Sooner and that's just fine. Glad he was able to prove it "at that level".

Comment

That comment makes no sense.

Landry had just been drafted. Making him the 4th NBA player from WSU in roughly 5 year span.

He didn’t fit Marshall’s system, didn’t get along with him. Was weak on defense. Benefitted from the year off, etc. it’s not like he was averaging 18 a game here. Infact I don’t remember him dominating except going on 3 ball heaters for a half about once every 6 games. I do remember him passing the ball to ND to lose in Hawaii.

He was good and was sorry to see him leave but he never proved anything at WSU’s “level”. Just flashes here and there. Truth is he needed a coach who would let him play his way.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
          That comment makes no sense.

Landry had just been drafted. Making him the 4th NBA player from WSU in roughly 5 year span.

He didn’t fit Marshall’s system, didn’t get along with him. Was weak on defense. Benefitted from the year off, etc. it’s not like he was averaging 18 a game here. Infact I don’t remember him dominating except going on 3 ball heaters for a half about once every 6 games. I do remember him passing the ball to ND to lose in Hawaii.
          Agreed. The only conclusion is that it had nothing to do with wanting to prove it "at a higher level" as he stated. There must have been other factors at play...

Comment

Very good article. Looking back, Reaves definitely needed to set out a year to better heal and add strength. That was not going to happen at WSU with that 2018-19 team. If he could play, he would have had to. There would also be no Lindsted, who recruited him, on the staff. Let's not forget that he also was aware of things we did not during that time. Add his "situation" just added to make it the best thing to do for all. Guess I've mellowed a lot regarding AR. I'm also not sure he would have smelled the NBA, as quickly anyway, had he stayed. Glad he was a part of WSU, glad to see him in a WSU uniform in the article, and wish him the best.

Comment

Good read, thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Agreed. The only conclusion is that it had nothing to do with wanting to prove it "at a higher level" as he stated. There must have been other factors at play...
                I agree and believe we both know what others factors were.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  "But after two years in Wichita, he felt he needed to prove himself at a higher level, so he transferred to Oklahoma..."

Well that is one side of the story.
                  LOL, did Lon Krueger also have a daughter?

Comment

He was a good player for us. I hated to see him leave for whatever reason. Glad he is living his dream.

Comment

The kid found the weight room/buffet/nandrolone
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                        The kid found the weight room/buffet/nandrolone
                        Interestingly, he weighs 5 pounds less for the Lakers than he did at the beginning of his junior year at OU. In the Laker pics, he's far from cut, just more normally filled out.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

LOL, did Lon Krueger also have a daughter?
                          Wait, was AR banging Marshalls daughter Maggie? If he was that’s the first I’ve heard if it.
                          Shocker Alumni
                          Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                          Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaHawk View Post

Wait, was AR banging Marshalls daughter Maggie? If he was that’s the first I’ve heard if it.
                            We also landed on the moon, in case you missed that too.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Eldridge did write once that the reason AR left was not the reason everyone thought it was. I can see how a kid from a small town in Arkansas may have had issues with some of Marshall's language and methods. Without the year off, I don't think he sniffs the NBA. He did what was best for him, and you can't really blame him for doing that.

I struggle to think of him as a Shocker. I see him more as someone who played here. To my way of thinking those are two different things.

Comment

Working...
                              X