• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5-6 3 tonight with game winner.

Comment

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

This is a very good article about a kid who once played for the Shockers. From that standpoint, I am pleased to seem him doing well. in the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          if anyone is going to win a game for the once majestic Lakers, I'm glad it was an ex-Shocker. There is a Laker or 2 that I find it difficult to root for. I guess 1 especially cones to mind.
          Phi Alpha

Comment

Did Reaves actually say that he left WSU to play at a higher level or is that just the supposition of the person writing this story? The reality was that he needed a year off and couldn't get that at WSU where he would have been relied on the following year to be the center piece of the offense...in effect the team leader on a young team. He made the right decision for himself. Also Lon Kruger's style of coaching was probably a little more to his liking than Marshall's.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
              Did Reaves actually say that he left WSU to play at a higher level or is that just the supposition of the person writing this story? The reality was that he needed a year off and couldn't get that at WSU where he would have been relied on the following year to be the center piece of the offense...in effect the team leader on a young team. He made the right decision for himself. Also Lon Kruger's style of coaching was probably a little more to his liking than Marshall's.
              a lot of people (perhaps myself) have hated on Reaves for leaving WSU, but I loved him when he was here and can't speculate on his actual reasons for leaving...lots of hot rumors at the time, but always two sides to a story....hope he continues to do well....

Comment

I hated Reaves when he left and hoped he didn't even make the NBA...but being a Lakers, er Lebron fan... I'm glad he did. Dude is a gamer and makes some timely hustle plays and can shoot it.

Comment

By the way, how was that not an "and 1" ? Seriously, had 'Bron shot that, they would have stopped the game to determine F1 or F2.

Did you see the mark on AR-15's arm in the interview? Bet that came from the follow through. He got somersaulted for crying out loud.

Would have loved for the official to give you one of those juggling hands move or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    Good for Austin.

A lot of the folks who are negative on Austin complain about him hurting the Shocks with poor play yet at the same time they are upset that this lousy player left the program.

Austin made a move that obviously worked out very well for him. We would all be so fortunate if our decisions in our lives worked out so well.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 16, 2021, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Good for Austin.

A lot of the folks who are negative on Austin complain about him hurting the Shocks with poor play yet at the same time they are upset that this lousy play left the program.

Austin made a move that obviously worked out very well for him. We would all be so fortunate if our decisions in our lives worked out so well.
                      Austin wasn't a perfect player when he was here. He had some flaws. You get onto others who you say were too negative on him. Are you too positive?

Let's call it like it is. There was a Divorce here when he left Wichita State of his own volition. Divorces are hard, and have mixed feelings. There are some bitter feelings mixed with good memories. At some point, people involved with Divorces, need to move on, and I think that both sides need to move on in this case. One can call him a Shocker still, but he really isn't.

I have nothing against him, but my good memories are fading away because he left us. I wish him well, but I really don't care anymore.

Comment

I will add that Austin not only isn't a Shocker anymore, he actually will be referred to as a Sooner by any NBA talking heads regarding his NBA career. As for me, my main and final memory of him will mainly consist of the disappointing loss to Marshall in the NCAA tourney, because immediately afterwards, he severed his Shocker ties.

Comment

They mentioned on SportsCenter every time I saw it that he started at Wichita State.

To each his own. I enjoyed watching him here and at OU (having nothing to do with my fondness for OU) and I cheered for our guys to light him up at IBA. Always was polite and a good kid from what I could see. Really glad he's having success now.

And completely understand if others aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            By the way, how was that not an "and 1" ? Seriously, had 'Bron shot that, they would have stopped the game to determine F1 or F2.

Did you see the mark on AR-15's arm in the interview? Bet that came from the follow through. He got somersaulted for crying out loud.

Would have loved for the official to give you one of those juggling hands move or something similar.
                            Steph Curry probably doesn't even get that call at the end of a tie ball game like that. Refs swallow their whistles at the end of games as they should. That's minimal to decide a game on.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Steph Curry probably doesn't even get that call at the end of a tie ball game like that. Refs swallow their whistles at the end of games as they should. That's minimal to decide a game on.
                              Gonna 1000% disagree with the bolded part. No where in the rule book does it differentiate that rules are different at different times of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Gonna 1000% disagree with the bolded part. No where in the rule book does it differentiate that rules are different at different times of the game.
                                Not imo, i'd rather see the players decide the game. If it's not 100% clear and obvious, I don't want to see it blown there. And that was minimal contact at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X