Kansas State at Wichita State Pregame Discussion 12-5-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
    Yeah no doubt this is typical kstate bullsht. But none of it matters if DD is going to continue to shoot bricks. He is 8 for 31 for 3 point shooting. Clangggggggg! And one of these days RC4 and Craig Porter might make more free throws. I don't think I have seen CP make 2 consecutive free throws in a game. 50% CP. And KP and QG need to grow up fast. KP has really played soft like Fifi in the last 2 games. Guys just come up to him and just take the ball from him. He needs to be strong with the ball. Its embarrassing. QG suffers from the SHJones syndrome in his first year.. Constantly going to the cup to get his shot blocked.. If he would just take the midrange pull up m shot, he might discover its easier to get to the cup. Hope our guys figure it out. Hope we don't play MTXE ball. More turnovers and extra errors. Go Shocks.
    Great analysis. Your insight clearly shows why the Shox are 1-6 on the season. You ought to call in to the coaches show and tell IB what he's got to correct with his players so they can finally start winning a game here or there. Maybe you can help him save his job because he's surely on the hot seat with all those player deficiencies.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
      I don't know if the covid situation last year changed the terms of the agreement, but the original agreement pretty much indicated which team had the upper hand in scheduling the series.

One in IBA, one in Manhattan, one in CKA, a second in Manhattan, and then a second in CKA. A 3-for-2 schedule favoring the Shox. Weber took a lot of crap when KSU fans saw that 3-for-2 schedule. K-State doesn't have much to lose by losing to the Shox. Weber has A LOT to lose if the Wild Kitties lose to the Shox.
      Not quite accurate. The initial plan was:
      2020: Intrust (Charity scrimmage)
      2021: Intrust
      2022: Bramlage
      2023: KC
      2024: Koch

Last year’s charity scrimmage obviously didn’t happen, but everything else is on schedule.

I didn’t understand the 3-2 complaints because last year’s plan was simply to have it in the most populous place to raise the most money. Plus, it was to be an exhibition, so it’s not like the game mattered.
      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
        Lol...Weber just said on Lutz show they have more to lose. Then after he hangs up Bob said huh?
        I’m not one of those guys who thinks these kinds of things truly give the other team some added juice for the game. But why even say it?

Also KSU has finished behind us in metrics for all but one season (2019) in the Bruce Weber era. And of course that season ended in a first round loss to UC Irvine. Which is effing hilarious.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          Hard to believe it's been 18 years since we've played KSU.
          No way… was that the coliseum game?
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

No way… was that the coliseum game?
            Bramlage. Year before was Kansas Coliseum.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

Great analysis. Your insight clearly shows why the Shox are 1-6 on the season. You ought to call in to the coaches show and tell IB what he's got to correct with his players so they can finally start winning a game here or there. Maybe you can help him save his job because he's surely on the hot seat with all those player deficiencies.
              Thank you. Go Shocks.

Comment

Shockers - 87
                KSU - 65

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  Here you go.
                  He’s got to be a bit embarrassing to their fans. He starts off with the silly comment about The Rolling Stones.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post

He’s got to be a bit embarrassing to their fans. He starts off with the silly comment about The Rolling Stones.
                    Additionally I wish Lutz would have called him out on the “more to lose” comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Thank you. Go Shocks.
                      yes, we all want everyone to play like an NBA bound senior. The reality is that all our players have holes in their games or they would be playing for Duke or Kentucky. The crunch time free throws are really frustrating though - especially from the guards that should all be hitting 75%+.

Comment

Wildcats = 64
                        Shockers = 72

Since Kansas State lost to both Illinois and Arkansas by the score of 64 to 72, why should we change that pattern?

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

Here's the deal. I'm hoping K-State is grateful for this game after hiding from us for so many years. They need this series much more than we do. If our guard was down, they could beat us. However, IB won't allow that to happen. Thus, we will go deeper to our bench and only win by 11. This is the game DD has a stellar offensive showing and will score 16 at least.

Shockers----- 72

Kitcatkitties-61
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Kansas State Basketball | Bruce Weber Press Conference | December 3, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                              Kansas State Basketball | Bruce Weber Press Conference | December 3, 2021

Am I interpreting Weber correctly that he does not need to guard ETN the same way that Oklahoma state did? That he has the athletes to guard him traditionally?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X