Wichita State at Oklahoma State Game Thread 12-1-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
    TE took 12% of the teams shots, not exactly showcasing himself for the NBA. Anybody think that OSU playing in his jock out to 35’ may have opened any driving lanes for teammates? Sorry, but the detractors need to realize that is exactly what the team needed and took advantage of from OSU defense.
    Couldn’t have said it better myself. How many times do you think “Don’t help off of him!” is yelled by opposing coaches during the game?

He was about the happiest guy out there after the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

What’s funny is when it comes to overall level of talent, this might be as good as any Marshall team. They just have to play as a team. They are making progress.
      I don't know what to say. Which 3 players on this team do you think will make it to the NBA? Which player on this team is going to emerge as a player who gets multiple 30-point games in the NBA and is rated as one of the top 4 productive players in the league? Then there's the comparison between Carl Hall and Joe Pleasant. Or more likely, the comparison between Pleasant and Wessel.

I'll hang up and wait for your answer.

Comment

• Calling Shockocles….. I believe you were poopooing the team with your own tske on MTXE????

Comment

• It would seem as though this Shocker team has established their team identity for the time being. The world ugly probably would be part of what that would be described as. But at least at this point whatever it is they are doing is somehow getting the job done. How far this will style will carry them in the long run is hard to say.

I do think that overtime the Shocks offense will become less ugly although it may never be held up by as something to emulate. With the challenges this team does have in scoring it would definitley benefit them to make their free throws at high rate. In the meantime, it's nice to wins games while you are still trying to figure some things out.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 1, 2021, 09:52 PM.

Comment

TE took 12% of the teams shots, not exactly showcasing himself for the NBA. Anybody think that OSU playing in his jock out to 35’ may have opened any driving lanes for teammates? Sorry, but the detractors need to realize that is exactly what the team needed and took advantage of from OSU defense.
            Exactly. RCIV stepped up and made the plays.

So long as we have 1 or 2 that fill in when ET is bottled up, we'll be ok.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Tonight it wasn’t even so much the volume shooting and bad shot selection, it was the bad defense, bad turnovers, and failures to box out

Comment

• IB just gave big respect to FHCGM for teaching him about playing on the road in case anyone cares.

Comment

• The team had a lot of steals too. DD with the quick takeaway and bucket, and RC had a couple of pick pockets too.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Mo sealed off Cisse several times down low to help open up some driving lanes on layups near the end of the game. I have been critical of him this year, but he seems to be figuring things out a little bit and playing more up to his potential.

Ricky played much more under control on offense, and had some nice assists. That was the version of him I was hoping to see this year, which hadn't emerged yet. Since Dennis doesn't have the ability or desire to drive, this can help open up our offense a little bit if RC4 can do this and stay under control/take care of the ball.

Porter has essentially cemented himself as starting PG moving forward. Tried to do too much with some passes and iso shots tonight, but him at PG gives us the best chance to win.

OSU hounded Tyson, but he has to impact the game more than that. Did have a couple of nice passes..

We cannot afford to continue spotting other teams leads every single game. Not every game needs to come down to the last minute, but I suppose this will continue to be the case with this team. Love how they play hard and don't give up. We rebound and play defense at a very competitive level - if we can become a halfway competent offensive team, we have a high ceiling.

Our sorry home crowds look a little better after seeing Mizzou and OSU's crowds. We aren't some no name team and neither arena was half full.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                      Calling Shockocles….. I believe you were poopooing the team with your own tske on MTXE????
                      CLANG

Comment

• Coach Brown is pushing the right buttons and the guys are playing hard. Clean up the turnovers and make some free throws and we will be back in the top 25!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                          Mo sealed off Cisse several times down low to help open up some driving lanes on layups near the end of the game. I have been critical of him this year, but he seems to be figuring things out a little bit and playing more up to his potential.

Ricky played much more under control on offense, and had some nice assists. That was the version of him I was hoping to see this year, which hadn't emerged yet. Since Dennis doesn't have the ability or desire to drive, this can help open up our offense a little bit if RC4 can do this and stay under control/take care of the ball.

Porter has essentially cemented himself as starting PG moving forward. Tried to do too much with some passes and iso shots tonight, but him at PG gives us the best chance to win.

OSU hounded Tyson, but he has to impact the game more than that. Did have a couple of nice passes..

We cannot afford to continue spotting other teams leads every single game. Not every game needs to come down to the last minute, but I suppose this will continue to be the case with this team. Love how they play hard and don't give up. We rebound and play defense at a very competitive level - if we can become a halfway competent offensive team, we have a high ceiling.

Our sorry home crowds look a little better after seeing Mizzou and OSU's crowds. We aren't some no name team and neither arena was half full.
                          Mo also had a key kick out to council to really start a run for us. Hopefully things are starting to click about how he can help this team that don't involve going straight into a double/triple team

Comment

• Gosh I wonder if we will get any votes for top 25…anyone out there notice us?
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I remember one time late in the game where a basket would have nearly locked the game up. Porter dribbled away about 10 seconds on the shot clock because not a single otherSshocker moved an inch from where they had set up. Maybe that was the idea at that point in time, but the lack of starting an offense (if the Shox actually have one) left it to one shot at getting something working, One stopped set and the possession is lost. The possession was lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Mo also had a key kick out to council to really start a run for us. Hopefully things are starting to click about how he can help this team that don't involve going straight into a double/triple team
                                Yes, on that play I thought for sure he was going to throw up a long contested hook shot. I was like “noooooooo!”, “oh, thank God”

Comment

Working...
                                X