Wichita State at Oklahoma State Pregame Discussion 12-1-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    If they don't play much better than they did their last game it will be an ugly 20 pt loss
    This is such BS. Defense travels. Our guys play extremely hard and never give up. No, they’re probably not going to play the perfect game that many of you wish they would, but the chances of them sustaining an “ugly 20 point loss“ I would put as extremely low.

Comment

If Dexter and Pleasant are able o step up their offense we have a good chance to win this game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

How is 26% a threat from deep?

I wonder how much better TE’s percentage would be if he had better shot selection.
        Great question…shooting 26% from 3 is a threat, but only to our chances winning this game…

Comment

For the record I am not predicting a 20 point loss - I'll say 68-61 OSU

Comment

You speed these guys up and you lose. I would hope zone is in our gameplan somewhere. O-State is a legit Top 25 team and will have some good wins by the end of the year. They don’t shoot it great or often from three, so the zone might be a way to keep us in the game.

If there is one P5 team I don’t hate losing to it's these guys. Coach Boynton has no problem playing us here or there and is a solid person.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              If there is one P5 team I don’t hate losing to it's these guys. Coach Boynton has no problem playing us here or there and is a solid person.
              Hundo P. They've been great at playing us home and home for a very long time when so many others have not. There's little doubt our staff and admins respect them, and there's no reason our fan base should not do so as well. We need more OSU's in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                If Dexter and Pleasant are able o step up their offense we have a good chance to win this game.
                I just don't imagine that is possible. We all know Dex will come alive at some point, it usually doesn't happen until January.

Comment

Got cheap seats to the game - anyone know what OSU's attendance is looking like this year? Hoping to move down somewhere behind the Shocker bench. Or if anyone has a couple of spare tickets shoot me a PM. Thanks
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

I think I have told this story before but here goes anyway. In 2009 or 2010 I stopped at a convenience store in Edmond and briefly chatted with Coach Sutton, who happened to be there grabbing a coke. I thanked him for playing home and home with WSU and said other similar programs always say "nothing to gain and lots to lose." He completely disagreed with that and complimented WSU's program and said he liked playing the series.

I also remember him being interviewed about his recruitment when he as a senior at Bucklin (KS). He said he was recruited by four future Hall of Fame coaches: Tex Winter at K-State, Phog Allen at KU and Ralph Miller at WSU and I think he said he considered all of them before deciding to play for Henry Iba at OK A&M.

Comment

I was impressed with the Shocker turnout in Vegas.
                      I realize it’s mid-week, but I expect a pretty good Shocker crowd in Stillwater. Wish I could be there.
                      Go Shox!

Comment

I'm on Wichita getting the points, and dabbling some on the moneyline. Don't know why, just feel confident in this game.

Comment

Comment

Is there a game tonight???

- Family out tonight so BIG-SCREEN is all Mine!!!
                            - Cold beer in fridge!!!
                            - Still some nuggets of Thanksgiving leftovers to be had!!!

It's gonna be a good night!!!
                            Whoot - let's go Shocks!!!!!!

Pokes - 68
                            Shocks - 73
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Ahhhhhhh I spoke too soon!!!!!
                              Just checked to record the game tonight and apparently my Sports Package through Sling has ALL the conferences (ACC - Big-10 - SEC - Pac-12 - BUT no Big12!!!!!!!! Plus it has every single ESPN channel known to man. WTH????????

What do I do??? Help!!!!!
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                                Ahhhhhhh I spoke too soon!!!!!
                                Just checked to record the game tonight and apparently my Sports Package through Sling has ALL the conferences (ACC - Big-10 - SEC - Pac-12 - BUT no Big12!!!!!!!! Plus it has every single ESPN channel known to man. WTH????????

What do I do??? Help!!!!!
                                Just subscribe to ESPN+. It's well worth the few bucks a month. Then cancel after basketball season is over. Easy peasy!

Comment

Working...
                                X