Wichita State at Oklahoma State Pregame Discussion 12-1-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post

I agree that it is a strategy to attack Cisse, I just think it's a bad one with Mo since he has proven time and time again this year that he is terrible against tall athletic post players. How many times do we need to watch him triple fake just to allow a 2nd and 3rd defender time to wall him up, or have him post up 10 feet from the basket only to watch him take 2-3 dribbles before getting it stripped or bouncing it off his own foot? If we were talking about some 7 foot stiff from Indiana or the like I would agree. Cisse is a year older than the last time we faced him and Mo seems to have regressed. It will be interesting to see how this pans out, I will give you that.
    If Mo isn't the one to lean on and/or attack Ok-State who is? Abidde?

Editor's Note: this is not a personal attack on your person

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 29, 2021, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Mo will not be attacking anyone. That is a joke. He'd probably throw his hands up and grimace at the ref every time he got his shot thrown in to the third row.

Comment

No different than any other game. You scout a team and you develop a game plan you think gives you the best chance to win. Hopefully, you have a Plan B and a Plan C in your back pocket in case Plan A doesn't work.

My thinking is that the best way to get Mo involved is for his teammates to attack Cisse and hopefully be able to dump it off to Mo. Craig Porter did this very well a couple times against Mizzou and I believe RCIV did once as well.

But usually there is more than one way to skin a cat. So we'll see what HCIB and his staff come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          My thinking is that the best way to get Mo involved is for his teammates to attack Cisse and hopefully be able to dump it off to Mo.
          That's usually what's best for Mo.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

yes, and Mo needs to be decisive. Even one pump fake or hesitation on his move will give Cisse time to recover and swat his crap into the 3rd row. I'm still having nightmares about that matchup in Memphis.

Comment

yes, and Mo needs to be decisive. Even one pump fake or hesitation on his move will give Cisse time to recover and swat his crap into the 3rd row. I'm still having nightmares about that matchup in Memphis.
              So don't use a pump fake against an overly aggressive post? Got it.

Mo's the only player who showed up against Memphis last year. Do I need my meter turned on or are you serious?

Our go-to-guy was 1 for 12 from the field in that same Memphis game, which is a little better than he played against Drake a month and a half later. Mo was hardly the issue in either of those games.

Comment

And I thought the BBIQ was low on the basketball team… Hell yes Mo should go right at Cisse. He was five for seven against him last year! Dexter and TE were 2 for 20! I don’t remember seeing ANY of his shots being thrown into the third row in that game. Mo’s problem is when he holds it too long and a guard comes in and picks his pocket. If he gets the ball and attacks immediately, the size of defender is not an issue. Cisse isn’t gonna block his little turn to the baseline half hook off the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                  Mo’s problem is when he holds it too long and a guard comes in and picks his pocket. If he gets the ball and attacks immediately, the size of defender is not an issue. .
                  I agree, which is why all the pump faking and hesitation moves that some are encouraging will be a bad idea, In My Idiotic Know Nothing Opinion.

Comment

I have Church Wednesday night. Can some hide the ball for about 10 minutes so I can get home?

Comment

In My Idiotic Know Nothing Opinion.
                      Agreed. Insinuating not to do a pump fake against a shot blocker indicates a lack of basketball knowledge. I'll leave that one alone.

If our shooters can shoot better than 20% combined, which has happened more often than Mo having a bad game the last 2 years, I like our chances. I think they will do so, hopefully...

Comment

I think ball fakes are an important part of every good players arsenal. I’d like to see more fakes of all varieties - shot, pass, jab step - from our guys.

Of course like anything else, too much of a good thing exists. There are times that a quick aggressively direct move is the best option.

Some of our guys bite on the slightest of fakes on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                          I think ball fakes are an important part of every good players arsenal. I’d like to see more fakes of all varieties - shot, pass, jab step - from our guys.

Of course like anything else, too much of a good thing exists. There are times that a quick aggressively direct move is the best option.

Some of our guys bite on the slightest of fakes on defense.
                          Speaking of shot fakes; almost as good as “Practice”…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

LoL. Gotta love Barry. He still with the Pokes?

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

LoL. Gotta love Barry. He still with the Pokes?
                              I believe he is…

Interesting position - https://okstate.com/sports/mens-bask...ry-hinson/1874
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

That clip, like the WKRP turkey drop, will never grow old.

Comment

Working...
                                X