Wichita State at Oklahoma State Pregame Discussion 12-1-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
    However, as one Arizona fan commented to me at T-Mobile, “your team never gives up.” That seems to be the one consistency. Shockers have heart.
    This is weirdly uncomfortable as an Arizona couple said the exact same thing to my family in the elevator after the game. Perhaps knowledgeable Wildcat fans are numerous.

Comment

If Udeze even tries one time to back Cisse down he needs to be benched

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        I'd approve of that tactic if the purpose was to get their post into foul trouble, which is probably the case most of the time under HCIB. After all, with KP WSU can afford having Mo on the pine, if need be. That's better than having Bilau or IPB in the post.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I'd approve of that tactic if the purpose was to get their post into foul trouble................
          .................................or raise Cisse’s blocked shot totals.

Comment

You act like Cisse is some kind of God. He ain't. He dominated us last year with dunks because no WSU guard could not keep Alo out of the paint on drives. Thus Cisse got a lot of dunks and ally oops. I don't the strategy of not going directly at him is good. He is a good defender but playing scared against is not in our best interest. Go Shocks.

Comment

Cisse will swat Mo’s shots standing flat footed. Trying to establish a post game against him would be a terrible idea.

Comment

Here's the deal. The Cowboys and the Shocks look similar on the stat sheet, records, and returning scoring. They are indeed tough inside. The Cowboys average around 15 assists along with 15 turnovers. The Shocks to win this must execute with better shot selection, make less turnovers, get more throws and make more of them. Ok. State got beat by Oakland and beat N. Carolina State. The Shocks will have their best game of the year, get Cisse in foul trouble, and Kenny P. will hit a 3 with 7 seconds left to give us same score as last Season except Shockers win.

Shocks ---67
                Cowboys 64
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Cisse will swat Mo’s shots standing flat footed. Trying to establish a post game against him would be a terrible idea.
                  Put Pohto in and make Cisse defend the 3-point line. Unfortunately, that would leave either Pleasant or Monzy to be the presence down low, and that doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence.

Totally spread the floor and let Porter, Grant, Etienne, Council, and possibly Monzy drive one-on-one and SN will erupt with complaints about ISO ball, but that would be a way to eliminate Cisse as a rim protector. Pohto can eliminate Cisse as a rim protector. Udeze can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

.................................or raise Cisse’s blocked shot totals.
                    nm
                    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 28, 2021, 10:43 PM.

Comment

To. Draw. Fouls. Is that tactic unfamiliar to you? Go at Cisse like a sissy? How'd Mo do against Cisse last year?

You will never see HCIB, GGG, or any other coach, or team, NOT try to establish a post attack. C'mon man, really...
                      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 28, 2021, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Given the fact that MU scored 10 pts and grabbed 3 rebounds against Cisse and Memphis last year does not support your argument. MU shot 5 for 7. Cisse scored 12 points and grabbed 10 rebounds against the Shocks. He shot 6 for 9. No info on blocks, but I don't care. Cisse is good but he is NOT a God. Playing scared against him is not in our best interest. Go Shocks.

Comment

Attack his ass. At least for a minute or two.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

You guys are too sensitive.

Comment

You guys are too sensitive.
                              Sensitive? Come on man, we all just talking strategy. Who knows what Coach IB game plan will be. But I know this, the Shocks better come focused to play. Leadership requires attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Sensitive? Come on man, we all just talking strategy. Who knows what Coach IB game plan will be. But I know this, the Shocks better come focused to play. Leadership requires attitude.
                                I agree that it is a strategy to attack Cisse, I just think it's a bad one with Mo since he has proven time and time again this year that he is terrible against tall athletic post players. How many times do we need to watch him triple fake just to allow a 2nd and 3rd defender time to wall him up, or have him post up 10 feet from the basket only to watch him take 2-3 dribbles before getting it stripped or bouncing it off his own foot? If we were talking about some 7 foot stiff from Indiana or the like I would agree. Cisse is a year older than the last time we faced him and Mo seems to have regressed. It will be interesting to see how this pans out, I will give you that.

Comment

Working...
                                X