WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 1, 2021 | 7:00 P.M. CT
    STILLWATER, OKLAHOMA| GALLAGHER-IBA ARENA
    TV: BIG 12 NETWORK/ESPN+
    RADIO: KEYN 103.7 FM https://www.radio.com/keyn/listen
    SERIES: OSU LEADS SERIES 31-10
    LAST MEETING: DECEMBER 12, 2020. WICHITA, KS
    WSU 64 - OSU 67
    GAME RECAP:

Cade Cunningham hit a game-winning shot with 9.8 seconds remaining to lift Oklahoma State over Wichita State, 67-64, at Charles Koch Arena.

Tyson Etienne scored 19 points to lead the Shockers, who fell to 1-2 on the year. Alterique Gilbert (14) and Morris Udeze (10) also finished in double-figures.

Isaac Likekele paced Oklahoma State (6-0 and receiving votes in both national polls) with 14 points, and Rondel Walker added 13.

Helped by stalwart defense from Dexter Dennis, the Shockers held Cunningham – a 6-8 freshman guard and consensus preseason All-American -- to half of his season scoring average – 10 points on 11 shots.

Shot No. 11 was a back-breaker for Wichita State, which had tied the game moments earlier on a pair of Udeze free throws.

Oklahoma State put the ball in the hands of Cunningham, who pulled up off the dribble from the left wing and sank a contested three to give the Cowboys a 67-64 lead with just under 10 seconds to go.

Dennis had a chance to force overtime on the opposite end, but his three-point try struck the iron just ahead of the buzzer.

Oklahoma State's win continues a trend. The visiting team has won all four meetings between the two teams over the last five years. The Shockers took back-to-back at Gallagher-Iba in 2017 and 2019, while the Cowboys won at INTRUST Bank Arena in 2016.

Oklahoma State won the rebounding battle, 44-33, and outscored Wichita State 17-3 on fast break opportunities.

The Shockers made 17-of-22 free throws but shot just 36 percent from the field. They were a frigid 5-of-26 from three (.192) and missed 18 of their last 20 attempts.

Oklahoma State shot just under 42 percent and was 7-of-26 from distance and 10-of-16 at the foul line.

The Shockers played for the first time with a full roster. All 16 players dressed. Still, the rust was evident for many of them. OSU held a 38-5 advantage in bench points.

Junior guard Craig Porter and redshirt freshman forward Josaphat Bilau saw their first action in a Shocker uniform. Bilau scored his first points early in the second half on a pick-and-roll feed from Etienne. Porter banked two assists in five turnover-free minutes.

WSU also played in front of fans for the first time (525 total) after two games behind closed doors.
    Last edited by wichshock65; November 28, 2021, 01:51 PM.

This one concerns me. We have not been playing well. We do not play intelligently. We do not shoot all that well. We don't share the ball well at all.

we are capable of so much more. When we will start to move more towards that potential is completely unknown. If we play as poorly as we did in Columbia, we lose by 10+.

Still want to see more Pohto. Porter is the PG. Ty needs to be a little more selective with his shots and do a better job of trying to get others involved. That's going to help him get better shots in the long run. Mo needs to not dribble more than once, ever. Dex is going to hit shots eventually. The sooner the better.At some point Qua will learn this isn't D2. We'll be better at that point.

I'm not sure we pull this one out. We do seem to play to the level of our opponents, both good and bad, so I expect us to play better than we did in Columbia. But in the end, we fall a bit short.

Pokes - 74
    Shox - 68
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

What station is the BTN? Streaming?

Comment

We should win, as OSU barely beat ORU (in Tulsa I believe) and did lose to a decent Oakland team.

I just can’t get a feel for this team or the coaching. Our defense is good though against Arizona there were so many breakdowns especially in the first half. Offensively, we simply don’t seem to be very good especially on fast breaks.

However, as one Arizona fan commented to me at T-Mobile, “your team never gives up.” That seems to be the one consistency. Shockers have heart.

I’m going to predict a Shocker win by 6. It will be a hard fought close game which of course isn’t really much of a prediction at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          What station is the BTN? Streaming?
          Big 10 Network. I have 3 of them on Cox, but there is no such game on their schedule for Wednesday. It looks like I am going to have break down and get the $6/month ESPN+.

Comment

Fortunately I already have the +.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Big 10 Network. I have 3 of them on Cox, but there is no such game on their schedule for Wednesday. It looks like I am going to have break down and get the $6/month ESPN+.
              Why is a Big 12/AAC Matchup on the Big 10 network? I think he meant to type Big 12 network which is all ESPN+

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Why is a Big 12/AAC Matchup on the Big 10 network? I think he meant to type Big 12 network which is all ESPN+
                That would make sense...thanks.

Comment

So we'll be a 5 point dog?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

My bad. It is Big 12 NETWORK. No idea why I put BTN but it's fixed now.

Comment

The problem is, if you don't have the Big12 Network as part of a package, can you even watch it on ESPN+? DISH doesn't have that network, unbelievably.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        The problem is, if you don't have the Big12 Network as part of a package, can you even watch it on ESPN+? DISH doesn't have that network, unbelievably.
                        I believe you can…my impression is that the “Big 12 Network” is part of ESPN+. I have been able to catch Big 12 football/basketball games no problem with an ESPN+ subscription.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Things I Can Only Hope For:
                          1) ETN plays both halves well
                          2) DD finds his shot finally
                          3) Pohto makes his wide open 3s
                          4) RC4 plays team ball
                          5) Udeze doesn’t make me throw the remote

Comment

Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                            Things I Can Only Hope For:
                            1) ETN plays both halves well
                            2) DD finds his shot finally
                            3) Pohto makes his wide open 3s
                            4) RC4 plays team ball
                            5) Udeze doesn’t make me throw the remote
                            6) Grant improves in transition

Comment

Shocks continue the excellent perimeter D and Cisse finds cleaning the glass against a 6'11 WSU post a little more difficult than it was last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X