No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Missou Game Thread 11-26-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMU lost to Mizzou. From what I saw tonight, that's not easy to do. Too bad he doesn't have a top-notch PG he can take to his next job - Oh, wait...

Comment

• Originally posted by OSShock View Post
      Porter impressed me tonight with his patience.
      Was easily are best overall player tonight, and he scored zero points! He’s an oasis in a BBIQ desert

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
        Also, thought assist numbers would be better than they are tonight.
        Yep, 8 assists on 23 baskets is not good. But the offensive scheme, assuming they actually have one, is not very conducive to generating assists.

Comment

• We suck at a lot of things. Fortunately, one thing we're pretty damn good at is winning.

If we could just clean up a few fundamental things - fast break execution, free throws, ball movement...this team has sweet 16 upside with a good draw. Unfortunately if we don't get better in a few areas we'll be sweating out games vs USF, ECU, and Tulane. Time will tell.

P.S. How about that Craig Porter guy?? Way to go kid!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Shocks 9-20 from the line. I had my 16 year old grandson at the gym yesterday. Had him finish off his workout by shooting 100 free throws. He was only able to make 84 of them.
            When I'm in the gym with my daughters, we also finish with free throws. No set #, but can't go home until they make 10 in a row. My dad used to do this with me and it's amazing how much it improves concentration and translates to games.

Comment

• The stuff we suck at is so easy to fix.Right?
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Man, win and advance, but dear lord. We are not fun to watch this year.

Porter is the man. How many blocks did he have?

Comment

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post
                  9/19 from the line tonight.
                  Clannnnggggg! We're the shockers. We like 5hrowing games away because we brick so many free throws. If 5he Shocks were playing anybody tonight that could shoot for the other teamn this games ends up like Cincy and Drake. A embarassing lost.

I don't want to hear nothing else about DD defense. His offense is sht. He can't shoot. He can't catch. He can't dribble. He shoots good percentage from free throws but doesn't shoot many because he doesn't go to the cup worth a dam.

Clang CLANG CLANG

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Clannnnggggg! We're the shockers. We like 5hrowing games away because we brick so many free throws. If 5he Shocks were playing anybody tonight that could shoot for the other teamn this games ends up like Cincy and Drake. A embarassing lost.

I don't want to hear nothing else about DD defense. His offense is sht. He can't shoot. He can't catch. He can't dribble. He shoots good percentage from free throws but doesn't shoot many because he doesn't go to the cup worth a dam.

Clang CLANG CLANG

Comment

• Well, any road win is always a welcome Thanksgiving gift. But that was some ugly ass basketball.
                      Fortunately, Mizzou is even uglier. Now we know how UMKC bounced them.
                      Mizzou has a lot of athletes, just not many basketball players.
                      Will CM get them turned around so this win looks good in February? Jury is out on that decision.

I like Porter a whole lot more at the point that Grant. Grant will take some time to shake off the D2/Juco dandruff.
                      The FT shooting of the team already cost them one game and fortunately they had enough cushion at the end of this one - and the clock ran out.
                      The defense was outstanding tonight but Mizzou made it look even better. Jeezus they were terrible shooters.
                      Interesting note - the score always seems go in the right direction when Jackson and Pohto are in the game.
                      Not much of a Jenkins sighting tonight - and his time on the court need to increase.
                      I guess we now know if HCIB has a little FHCGM in him.

That is all.
                      Last edited by ShockRef; November 26, 2021, 10:36 PM.
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• It was nice to see some drive and kick on offense tonight. Transition D, transition O, and free throws were all unacceptable in this game. However, those three things shouldn't be impossible to correct.

Craig Porter played his best game as a Shocker tonight and appears to be taking the lead PG role. Kenny Pohto also stood out as a positive for me.

Here's hoping that Missouri gets better and can somehow become a Q2 win by the end of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Our level of BBIQ is considered special needs
                          At some point out of exasperation, wonder if IB tells the team that...

Comment

• Craig Porter really impressed me tonight. If he can make passes like that, along with his rebounding and shot-blocking on the defensive end, we may have a nice point guard on our hands. Pohto is starting to make me think he may be the best center on the team. It’s always good to win on the road at a Power 5 school. Goodnight to all!

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

Clanng!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                                Craig Porter really impressed me tonight. If he can make passes like that, along with his rebounding and shot-blocking on the defensive end, we may have a nice point guard on our hands. Pohto is starting to make me think he may be the best center on the team. It’s always good to win on the road at a Power 5 school. Goodnight to all!
                                Porter was the difference in this game.
                                Didn't score a point, but 7 rebounds, 4 assists (should have had more but his mates couldn't finish his nice feeds), 2 blocks and some serious bad ass defense on the point.
                                The Mizzou PG did not want to see him waiting for him in the front court each possession.
                                Noted that Etienne goes to him a lot during the game. I think the trust factor is pretty obvious between the two of them.

That is all.
                                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                                X