Wichita State Shockers vs. UNLV Game Thread 11-21-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Can somebody screen shot PJ’s tweet from about ten minutes ago and post it please???

It basically encapsulates this boards three hour discussion in 70 words.

The interface of my IPhone with this board sucks so I’m begging you.

****edit***** bah...didn't work fowome either
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Can somebody screen shot PJ’s tweet from about ten minutes ago and post it please???

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Did you tell him there are flights both ways?

Hey your big fat egg prediction is out the window…
          I’m plenty happy to be wrong.

he is babysitting my kiddos. I am finishing a small dry cabin, but I haven’t decided who is going to move into it, him or me.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Stop hating on the coaching staff.
            No s**t.

Comment

• Only thing to be added at this late hour is WSU should send a thank you note to the Minnesota AD who fired Richard Pitino.
              Cause without that little administrative adjustment, Mo and Pleasant would be the only so called post players on this team.
              And that is a scary thought!

Good night.

That is all.
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• This team and season are redefining the term “unbelievable”
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• It’s easy to tell the mean age of this board is 50+. We had people sleeping, and this is the crankiest thread I’ve read in a while.

Comment

• Way to pull it out Shocks!!!! Way to pull it out!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Neither he nor Ricky know the offense or the defense.
                      You got that right. It's not very often they're on the court at the same time for a reason. Slapstick.

Comment

• Originally posted by ventichai View Post
                        pohto!!

Comment

• Probably can’t do this justice until I get home late tomorrow night but a couple of takeaways…….

Guys, just sayin’, I’m never surviving 30+ games like this. NEVER. I love all of you like family, and it’s been great.

That’s at LEAST a decent team, on the road, that shot 49% 47% 100% and we got them.

We’ve got some guys with sac.

I can’t remember that much animosity all of a sudden between fan bases. That thing went from a 3 to blood in like 90 seconds.

Shaaaaaaaakkkkkkkerrrrrrrrs!

I said it when it happened but McCabe fouling out was the difference in the game.

Tyson’s 120ft combined BOTTOM threes might have had an effect as well.

Gosh I’m tired.

Comment

• All due respect to UNLV, at some point the shockers have to realize that part of the reason they have played so many close games the last two years is self inflicted wounds.

If they are ever able to clean it up, and I have my doubts about how likely that is, there is a bunch of talent and toughness underneath all the missed box outs, goofy turnovers, poor shots and defensive lapses. That stuff is all correctable but the improvements so far have been difficult to spot.

Comment

• Fell asleep just before tip off. Just woke up. I tried but failed to keep the eyelids open. Looked at the game stats and this thread. Reading the board probably more entertaining than watching this Shocker team try to play basketball, or at least baskerball the way I have always thought it should be played. There doesn't seem to be much interesr in trying to do that. I'll catch the replay at some point although it may just irritate me. Back to dream land now. Glad the Shocks pulled another out of thier collectiver behinds but this team may be hard to watch this year.

We'll see what transpires over the next 3 games. Then we get back to our regularly (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN, pardon me) SWAC schedule.

Good night all and thanks for the brief but entertaining sleep interruption, or maybe I am actaully just dreaming. I check the board in the morning to find out.

Comment

• As far as the skirmish, it seemed to start with the handshake line. Below is video from Taylor of the last play (https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...78273586958339) and around the 33 second mark, the UNLV assistant coach (Hartman??) seems to have words with the WSU assistants:

Here's another video of him before the handshake line going after the refs after the last play - https://twitter.com/davidstepanian_/...79657992507396

The 2nd video below is when the players got involved.(https://twitter.com/thecomeback/stat...79306560180229) Coach Waterman is heated and Dennis and Udeze have to pull him back and then the coaches and players start jawing. It's also the main video that ESPN seems to be showing and it skips all the stuff from beforehand as seen in the other videos:

Finally, another view from https://twitter.com/A_Twice3/status/1462679849185824777

Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; November 22, 2021, 03:21 AM.
                                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X