No announcement yet.

Wichita State Shockers vs. UNLV Game Thread 11-21-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not great offensive numbers but I thought CP was very solid again last night.
    I'd like to see him and DD drive more. Twelve team assists doesn't usually
    result in a W or 16 turnovers but I'll take it. The good news is we are 4-1
    despite mediocre shooting and a less than fluent offense.

Comment

• I did a quick Google search and was happy to find a variety of automatic defibrillators for home use at reasonable prices. Due to what this team has shown so far this season, it might be a good investment.

I would like to see more coaching from our coach.

As they say, win and advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
        Good move to keep Pleasant on the bench most of second half. Yes, he is probably a good team mate. But he is a Valley level player and not athletic enough to play consistently this level.
        I know he is 6'8" and put together, but I see 6'8" guys every night and most are more athletic. He just doesn't have any explosion off the floor and has what they call heavy feet.
        Need to see more Jackson, once he gets a clue about the offense.

That is all.
        I don't think he is anywhere near 6'8". I know height is sometimes measured with shoes, but that might add an inch, such as Baker going from 6'3" to 6'4".

I think he might be closer to 6'5". He looks like an NFL tight end.

Comment

• I watched the game at 2x speed this morning before class. Turnovers and missed ops in fast break seemed to be a constant. A few D breakdowns, but overall pretty good. TE still forcing a few shots and what was our FT %??

Comment

• I can't tell whether the UNLV assistant was still cooling down from the last no-call or if he had already had words with someone. But it looks kind of like Waterman may have misinterpreted the friendly exchange between Etienne and the assistant. But it's so hard to tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

no doubt it looked bad from the UNLV bench
              When I saw it on tv in real time, I would have sworn there was contact. Only on replay was it obvious there was none.

Comment

• 1. HCGM substituted too quickly. HCIB does not sub quickly enough.
                2. Porter is good
                3. So tired of Mo protesting every foul
                4. What bout just not even playing Tyson till the second half?
                5. Press more, use Jenkins some
                6. Dex has a beautiful stroke
                7. Our offense is offensive
                8. When the ball goes to Ricky, Ricky gonna drive and throw something up
                Last edited by pinstripers; November 22, 2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• I have to say, I like how the younger Kruger coaches and he seems to have a very similar temperament to his dad. Good response here.

Comment

• Here is the perspective on the foul by UNLV on Etienne. Mike Grimala is covering UNLV sports for the Las Vegas Sun.

Comment

• Lonnie Kruger must be proud of Kevin - his coaching and conduct is very reflective of his dad. Tough to tell them apart if you don't see who is speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Here is the perspective on the foul by UNLV on Etienne. Mike Grimala is covering UNLV sports for the Las Vegas Sun.
                          Lol at the responses ...

"It most certainly was not a foul and now we’re all left questioning anything you post or write related to basketball if you actually believe Gilbert committed a foul there. Wow!"

The salt....

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• It clearly was a foul. The UNLV player forced Tyson out of bounds.The refs made the right call and the right no-call when the UNLV slipped on the last possession. I really like the class shown by Cowch IB and Coach Kruger on their take on the squabble during the hand shake line. But I have several questions.

When is DD going to start making 3 point shots? He is wide open.

When are the Shocks going to start finishing fast breaks?. FINISH!!!!! Several blown opportunities with advantages.

When is RC4 going to stop playing hero ball and making that spin move for a turnover?

When is Que Grant going to learn that this is not Div2 ball? From the beginning you could see he was sped up and out of sync.

I almost had a heart attack. MU passed the ball out of a double team. When is he going to start playing with more composure? He been here long enough. He should STOP complaining about fouls.

When are the Shocks going to put 2 halves together and take care of business.

GO SHOCKS

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                I can't tell whether the UNLV assistant was still cooling down from the last no-call or if he had already had words with someone. But it looks kind of like Waterman may have misinterpreted the friendly exchange between Etienne and the assistant. But it's so hard to tell.
                                I’ve noticed TE has a tendency to ‘smile’ a lot regardless of the situation and there’s a good chance it rubs some coaches the wrong way. There seemed to be a lot of ‘yapping’ from both teams last night… in fairness, it was bedtime for most.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X