Wichita State Shockers vs. UNLV Game Thread 11-21-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Careful WuTheOne, posting of facts that do not support the "shocker vision" held by some on this board will lead to ...........
    Good morning Patty Beamer

Comment

• Marshall is gone, IB is the coach. He has a different style and is still learning if that works. We just have to hope he has the fortitude to recognize what’s working and what’s not working and make adjustments for the sake of his career. Wringing our hands over it and comparing it to Marshall isn’t doing this team any good. It is what it is.

Comment

• Well said

Comment

• NM

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Careful WuTheOne, posting of facts that do not support the "shocker vision" held by some on this board will lead to ...........
            Facts...LOLLLLLLLL!!! That's a good one PB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              We just have to hope he has the fortitude to recognize what’s working and what’s not working and make adjustments for the sake of his career. Wringing our hands over it and comparing it to Marshall isn’t doing this team any good. It is what it is.
              In his short time at WSU Brown's exhibited the ability to make adjustments many times. It's why he got the job. Who would disagree with the evidence? Considering he sat on the bench next to Marshall for 5 years, I ain't worried. He addressed the need for quality size, which was something he inherited.
              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 23, 2021, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Facts...LOLLLLLLLL!!! That's a good one PB.
                Noticed how he skimmed over the argument he got destroyed in and settled for that hilarity of a post. Great self awareness too.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Marshall is gone, IB is the coach. He has a different style and is still learning if that works. We just have to hope he has the fortitude to recognize what’s working and what’s not working and make adjustments for the sake of his career. Wringing our hands over it and comparing it to Marshall isn’t doing this team any good. It is what it is.
                  I didn’t compare IB to Marshall. That was started and continues to be touted by WuTheOne. But if comparisons are gonna be made, let’s see the full picture, not snapshots crafted to make a person’s laboring and bad point.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• IB's biggest hurdle this year is settling down Ricky C.4. He's like a wild stallion that is hard to break. The biggest frustration that I had (concerning RC) was during the UNLV game when we had 3 on 1 going to the basket, and RC received the past from (Qua I think), and he should have passed the ball immediately (No sticking the ball to get an easy layup), but no, he dribbled it once and was going to shoot a dunk or layup, and charged into the defender. My head about exploded. That just shows his lack of BBIQ. Ron, Fred, etc. would never have missed that.

Now, I don't know what is going on with the team, and two things could be happening, Ricky could be trying to listen but he has a hard time changing habits (breaking himself of his habit of the ball sticking to him), AND IB could be constantly all over him behind the scenes (on the court too that we just don't see), and in practice. But I know for sure that GM would have demonstratively "blown a gasket" on the sidelines, and probably pulled him, and I know for sure that he would have relentlessly been all over RC.

We just need to have confidence that IB's probably taking care of this situation, and we just need to be patient with this team.

Comment

• Jesus H Christ himself couldn’t live up to the pristine, mistake free college careers of “Ron, Fred, etc” from some people’s memories.

Comment

• Not just Ricky but most of our guys have decision problems on fast breaks.

Comment

Not just Ricky but most of our guys have decision problems on fast breaks.
                          They just have a hard time playing with each other. The team seems to lack chemistry.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I would venture to guess that most coaches including FHCGM and Isacc Brown emphasize defense, boxing out, rebounding, offensive sets, full court press and inbound plays in that order as a priority in practices. Fast break practices are most likely dead last on the priority list. As the season moves forward and the guys are more assimilated with all the above...I bet coach works on fast breaks more.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              I would venture to guess that most coaches including FHCGM and Isacc Brown emphasize defense, boxing out, rebounding, offensive sets, full court press and inbound plays in that order as a priority in practices. Fast break practices are most likely dead last on the priority list. As the season moves forward and the guys are more assimilated with all the above...I bet coach works on fast breaks more.
                              This may be true. I can only go back to my HS days where we worked on fast break options daily along with the other things you mentioned. Our fast break drills were also a big part of our conditioning drills.

For a team that was supposed to be about getting out and running more, you'd also think fast break drills would be a heavy focus. More so with the lack of offensive sets we appear to have or run each game.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                For a team that was supposed to be about getting out and running more, you'd also think fast break drills would be a heavy focus. More so with the lack of offensive sets we appear to have or run each game.
                                Yeah you would think. Maybe IB saw what type of athletes we had and kinda just figured the coaching staff could coast on fast break training and assumed they can do it just by being athletic. Time to work on it coach. Easy baskets to be had!!!!!

FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X