Wichita State Shockers vs. Arizona Wildcats Game Thread 11-19-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Don’t need to look far into the family tree to see a precedent.
    It is apparently not Steve Kerr’s son, although when I see Kerr on the back of his jersey and #25, I just kind of assumed that haha. His name is Kerr Kriisa and he is from Estonia.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I think it’s imperative that we continue to acknowledge the effort of this team.

I thought Kenny really had deer in the headlights early but man did he grow up and continued to battle against MEN.

Anybody think after 15 or so minutes that Arizona could run the pick and lob for a dunk any damned time they wanted and there was literally NOTHING we could do to stop it? And I’ll be damned if our guys just didn’t do that and I don’t think gave up more than one more of those the rest of the game, in spite of playing the vast majority of the 2nd half without what we call a 5 AND a 4 vs one of the biggest teams in the nation. That’s a truckload of “want to”.

I hope Craig Porter gets both seats on the plane because his nutsack needs someplace to rest in comfort.

His best game by far in his toughest test, again, BY FAR. Very well done young man.

Down 0-5 battle back to tie.

Down 14 battle back to 6, 7 at the break. Teetering but alive.

Down SIXTEEN cut it to 3 just under 10 left. By the way, ShockerNation blowing up T-Mobile at that moment.

Down eight AGAIN and TAKE THE LEAD 65-64 with 2 minutes to go.

Down 3 after getting run over on an and 1, tie it up and go to OT with our biggest guy being Dex against a team with fourteen 7 footers.

Down NINE in OT, and I freaking promise you that every single one of you bastigages, including yours truly, was like “great effort but the tank is empty and they gave it their all” and these ****ing kids say hell no we’re STILL not done ,somehow cut it to 2 and force douchebag headband guy to make both FTs to seal the game.

I have to go back to the SIU game 16+ years ago to remember that kind of resiliency in the face of a superior team.

Joe Pleasant quietly guards his ass off. Yes we need him to score some but damn he battles.

I have/had zero issues with Arizona fan. Good fans and nice people. Visited with literally dozens. They know they have a good team, they know our guys are gutty, and they KNOW and acknowledge the best fans. Unquestionably.

That being said, they have a couple of punks that need a beating, but they have studs too especially those 2 monsters inside and that Canadian kid Mathurin.
      Just curious, when you type up the greatest post of the year, do you realize you are doing it?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Interesting quote by Coach IB on not being allowed to box out on rebounds. Things that make you say ummmh!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Just curious, when you type up the greatest post of the year, do you realize you are doing it?
          There is no doubt that the single smartest, most insightful, least agenda driven poster on here is WuDrWu… everyone else is posting for second place( if it were a contest)

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

There is no doubt that the single smartest, most insightful, least agenda driven poster on here is WuDrWu… everyone else is posting for second place( if it were a contest)
            and second is Cold

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

and second is Cold
              He wins the award for his 2nd grade skills of cut & paste

Comment

• The officiating didn't really make sense to me and evidently not to IB either. Has anyone here seen that sort of foul festival called. Or is it the normal thing on the west coast?

Comment

• Arizona Notes, Quotes and Billygoats,
                  Decided to wait until now to post, had to read back through the miss/mash and ponder about what I watched...
                  1) Loved the team fight, especially after the parade of forced shots, bad decisions and silly fouls.
                  2) We have 2 Valley level post players and one 'on the rise' stud. Actually, Valley level may be a bit of a reach for one. The other is physically challenged for AAC level ball, but he does play decent defense.
                  3) The 'on the rise stud' post player needs to play 25-30 minutes every game from now on - period. He is the only option in the post.
                  The ONLY option!
                  4) TE spent more time auditioning in the first half than anything else. It was all hoorah for me, hell with everyone else.
                  5) Really like the grit of CP in this game. He was not intimidated or show any fear. He, along with Jackson were the only 'post players' working hard in the paint. KP was working, but also doing a whole lot of learning too.
                  6) Another of the games where you never really know where DD's mind is going. He is truly an enigma.
                  7) Grant has a big time motor, but still has plenty of Juco/D2 ball in him. Glad he has 2 years to work on things.
                  8) Jackson and Jenkins have to play more - its really not that hard to figure out. Jackson and KP are the only AAC level athletes on this team in the paint.
                  9) I'm tired talking about the dumb play after dumb play MO makes. Its not going to change either after 4 years of the same stupid sheet.
                  100 Sat right in the middle of the UA fans. Most were ok, some were Creighton level douchebags. There is a turd in every punch bowl!
                  11) WSU better be ready to guard #13 (Hamilton) from UNLV. He is stud level material.

That is all.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Taylor Eldridge @tayloreldridge

Wichita State's playing time by position (and efficiency) vs. Arizona:
                    PG: Porter 53%, Grant 47%
                    SG: Etienne 75%, Grant 25%
                    SF: Council 48%, Dennis 27%, Etienne 22%, Jenkins 3%
                    PF: Pleasant 45%, Jackson 27%, Dennis 26%
                    C: Pohto 60%, Udeze 27%, Pleasant 12%

Comment

• I apologize for the loss to Arizona in that it may have been my fault. After wearing the same Shocker yellow gear for three straight home game victories albeit kinda ugly I went with my road Black sweatshirt for the Arizona game. My bad but I will be wearing Shocker yellow tonight. Go Shocks

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Taylor Eldridge @tayloreldridge

Wichita State's playing time by position (and efficiency) vs. Arizona:
                        PG: Porter 53%, Grant 47%
                        SG: Etienne 75%, Grant 25%
                        SF: Council 48%, Dennis 27%, Etienne 22%, Jenkins 3%
                        PF: Pleasant 45%, Jackson 27%, Dennis 26%
                        C: Pohto 60%, Udeze 27%, Pleasant 12%
                        Clearly Pohto should be playing more!!! It’s glaring at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          I apologize for the loss to Arizona in that it may have been my fault. After wearing the same Shocker yellow gear for three straight home game victories albeit kinda ugly I went with my road Black sweatshirt for the Arizona game. My bad but I will be wearing Shocker yellow tonight. Go Shocks
                          You suck...get it together kid!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            I apologize for the loss to Arizona in that it may have been my fault. After wearing the same Shocker yellow gear for three straight home game victories albeit kinda ugly I went with my road Black sweatshirt for the Arizona game. My bad but I will be wearing Shocker yellow tonight. Go Shocks
                            Damn you!

Comment

Working...
                            X