No announcement yet.

Wichita State Shockers vs. Arizona Wildcats Game Thread 11-19-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, that was a really fun game to attend.

The first part of the game was extremely painful but every time it started to get away, our guys would battle back.

HCIB called a timeout at the under 12 and at the 10 minute mark or thereabouts. He didn’t call another until OT. That’s fine but we went from 7 down to 15 down and we probably needed a TO. Now I’m ok with learning on the go and the guys responded. With 2:10 Grant tied it and I felt we needed a timeout as we were gassed. Set up the D and prepare for the last 2 minutes. Fortunately Arizona panicked and we got the ball and 1 FT for the lead. Then we get another TO and we’ve got the ball with 1:25 AND the lead.Call a TO and get exactly what you want……but then the inexcusable No timeout was with about 3.5 ticks left. Why let the clock run out? But the one in OT was bloody awful. Our only chance was to hope he missed, call time out, throw a long pass while the clock ISN’T running and get up a decent to tie. Once we wasted that last TO , if he would have missed the clock starts and runs out before we can make 10 feet. He made the FT so it was moot But it was a bad mistake in the moment.

More tomorrow I’m exhausted.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

I believe our previous HC was absolutely committed to starting veterans. I believe everything you just posted could have been accurately posted about our previous HC.

Should you be able to post about facts, rather than opinion, and how many responses you get from trolling and how much attention you draw to yourself,..

...Oops, sorry, that's never gonna happen.

Dr. Phil says you are an extremely lonely drama queen searching for some self-esteem by degrading others on a message board. It must be really sad to be you.
      ROFLMAO - your post captures the essence of Nabob.

Comment

• Wrong.

The next time you see someone from this team penetrate from the perimeter all the way to within 2' of bucket for a conversion or assist will be the first time.

Edit: this is a reply to a post from 3 pages back. Nevermind.
        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 20, 2021, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ventichai View Post
          Cold?

Comment

I believe our previous HC was absolutely committed to starting veterans. I believe everything you just posted could have been accurately posted about our previous HC.

Should you be able to post about facts, rather than opinion, and how many responses you get from trolling and how much attention you draw to yourself,..

...Oops, sorry, that's never gonna happen.

Dr. Phil says you are an extremely lonely drama queen searching for some self-esteem by degrading others on a message board. It must be really sad to be you.
            This is a BS post.
            I don’t like to get into arguments about arguments but this is a BS post. Fever has a long history of calling out and snuffing out chickenhawk and other trolls that come on this board and cause misery. I appreciate his service and opinions. All I know about you is your proud of the lake in your back yard that you tried to use to back up your argument. Fever is a Shocker and not a troll. He’s been adding to this board way longer than you. Take a seat on the bench for a while.
            Last edited by Ashockalypse; November 20, 2021, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Honestly, that was a really fun game to attend.

The first part of the game was extremely painful but every time it started to get away, our guys would battle back.

HCIB called a timeout at the under 12 and at the 10 minute mark or thereabouts. He didn’t call another until OT. That’s fine but we went from 7 down to 15 down and we probably needed a TO. Now I’m ok with learning on the go and the guys responded. With 2:10 Grant tied it and I felt we needed a timeout as we were gassed. Set up the D and prepare for the last 2 minutes. Fortunately Arizona panicked and we got the ball and 1 FT for the lead. Then we get another TO and we’ve got the ball with 1:25 AND the lead.Call a TO and get exactly what you want……but then the inexcusable No timeout was with about 3.5 ticks left. Why let the clock run out? But the one in OT was bloody awful. Our only chance was to hope he missed, call time out, throw a long pass while the clock ISN’T running and get up a decent to tie. Once we wasted that last TO , if he would have missed the clock starts and runs out before we can make 10 feet. He made the FT so it was moot But it was a bad mistake in the moment.

More tomorrow I’m exhausted.
              Good thoughts on the lack of use of a timeout when Tyson came up with the ball. My only pushback - on tv it looked like Tyson was going to be fouled which would have been a free throw to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Good thoughts on the lack of use of a timeout when Tyson came up with the ball. My only pushback - on tv it looked like Tyson was going to be fouled which would have been a free throw to win.
                better check Tyson’s history on clutch free throws

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

better check Tyson’s history on clutch free throws
                  Understood… still your highest percentage chance with 3.5 seconds less

Comment

• Well, two things…. Maybe three…
                    first a confession … fell asleep at halftime…. Old I guess
                    second, I HATE to criticize current players but if MO ever puts the ball on the floor again in the paint, benched for life
                    third… love the grit of these guys… kids going to be ok… Arizona DOES have some big time talent

Comment

• Make it four… want more Chauncey

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                        Well, two things…. Maybe three…
                        first a confession … fell asleep at halftime…. Old I guess
                        second, I HATE to criticize current players but if MO ever puts the ball on the floor again in the paint, benched for life
                        third… love the grit of these guys… kids going to be ok… Arizona DOES have some big time talent
                        I don't mind MU putting the ball on the floor in the paint. I understand his game.. But he has NOT learned a dam thing in 4 years. When the double teams come pass the feeking ball back out to one of our players. Why does he hesitate and get the ball stolen? Or he turns it over. Or he gets a charging foul. This is what I am talking about when I say he plays dumb.

PS. Clannnngggggggg. More missed free throws and opportunities lost by Shocks.

Comment

• I was unable to listen to the Arizona game but have read this entire thread which lead me to compare the offense summary tables available on goshockers.com

Interesting to note the Shocker Offense performed differently in the Tarleton State game - draw your own conclusions

GoShockers.com Game Summary Tables

Jacksonville State
                          FG 3PT FT
                          Total 22-57 4-22 12-14
                          38.6% 18.2% 85.7%
                          South Alabama
                          FG 3PT FT
                          Total 22-59 8-26 12-16
                          37.3% 30.8% 75.0%
                          Tarleton State
                          FG 3PT FT
                          Total 19-45 9-21 18-23
                          42.2% 42.9% 78.3%
                          Arizona
                          FG 3PT FT
                          Total 27-80 12-39 12-24
                          33.8% 30.8% 50.0%

Comment

• Box score for the Arizona Wildcats vs. Wichita State Shockers NCAAM game from November 19, 2021 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Jenkins w 2 minutes in mid-first. Monzy fouled out in 12 minutes. Mo in 13

Comment

IB even said as much in an interview when he said the Shox needed to score in transitition instead of in half-court sets.
                              It's hard to score out of half court sets when you don't run any
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• The offense reminds me a lot of the 2018-2019 team (NIT semifinals) in that we have one scorer (McDuffie -> Etienne), minimal ability to drive the basketball, and a lot of standing around while one player dribbles the ball. Dennis on offense has morphed into Stevenson (great stroke but doesn't make many). Much like the 2018-2019 team, I think our guard play and ability to drive and kick will improve as the season progresses (it can't get much worse to be fair). Grant and Porter Jr. have been pretty good so far and seem to get better every game. We can't forget that they're both effectively still playing their first games at the D1 level.

The biggest issue with the current team is that it has a brutal frontcourt, whereas the 2018-2019 team had Echenique and McDuffie. I'm hoping Kenny Pohto can grow into a Echenique-type player as he develops but I am really worried about Mo Udeze (who looks unplayable) and Joe Pleasant (who apparently does "the little things" so well that he appears to make no positive impact on the game). Monzy Jackson is a great spark plug, but he is undersized and allergic to boxing out on defense. Tre King really would be the perfect addition for this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X