No announcement yet.

Wichita State Shockers vs. Arizona Wildcats Game Thread 11-19-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also the announcers kept talking about AZ FTs but we only made HALF of ours. That’s just not going to cut it.

Comment

• Didn’t win, but it wasn’t for a lack of trying. That’s really never been an issue…needthe win Sunday

Comment

• Side note: Great showing (as usual) by the WSU fan base.

We always do travel exceptionally well.
        The Assman

Comment

• Very impressed with the ALL OUT EFFORT!!!!!!!! Sure we're a big short...but we may be back to playing angry guys!!!!! That was a HELLUVA EFFORT!!! HELLUVA AN EFFORT!!!!

Get some rest...hydrate...and go kick UNLV's ASS!!!!!!!!!!!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Upon further review

Pleasant +/- = -19
            Jackson +/- = 0

+/- for a single game isn't a stat to be relied on, but is an indicator stat.
            Last edited by WuTheOne; November 20, 2021, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Hopefully ETN has found his ETNT game. We will ride or die with him if he is going to take 35% of the teams shots. Hopefully, HCIB can make some adjustments in approach on offense to get Tyson better quality looks.

Comment

• Ricky getting back doored all night, Tyson auditioning for the pros, Dex can’t shoot, Mo is not good, and we were still in this game? If Tyson does all conference stuff in regulation and hits those 3 free throws, it’s a win.

Comment

• This game probably won't hurt us from a numbers standpoint too bad ... But not getting that win is gonna be a big deal by the end of the year. Not only because it likely would have been a Q1 game ... But we probably lost the chance at another Q1 Sunday barring something crazy in the late game in Vegas.

Comment

• IB needs to send a message and start KP and Monzy next game. This ride and die stuff is BS and will cost him his job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      This game probably won't hurt us from a numbers standpoint too bad ... But not getting that win is gonna be a big deal by the end of the year. Not only because it likely would have been a Q1 game ... But we probably lost the chance at another Q1 Sunday barring something crazy in the late game in Vegas.
                      I agree that you never want to give up Q1 opportunities. As long as they do what they need to/should do in conference they will be ok.

****edit*** of course assuming they don't blow anything else in the non-conference also. Need to continue to avoid bad losses
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• What an incredibly insane roller coaster ride. The team never gave up and that is a hallmark of Shocker basketball, even if they don’t ultimately get the win. Against all odds, probably should have won it. I was confident Tyson and Pohto would hit their free throws but it just didn’t happen.

We’ll see if they can build from here. A lot of good things to take away but still a ton to work on that, if we could get it cleaned up, would probably have been the difference in a win and loss tonight. I’m talking no box outs, losing track of your man on defense, FREE THROWS, etc.

Comment

• 11 assists on 27 baskets is not very good and is reflective of the style of offense we are playing. However, I am not sure HCIB is that concerned about that ratio.

Comment

• Is the next game’s time set? Or does it depend on who wins the second game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              IB needs to send a message and start KP and Monzy next game. This ride and die stuff is BS and will cost him his job.
                              It won't happen. That's part of his problem IMO. He doesn't like to ruffle feathers and doesn't like to adjust. It's a horrible trait to have as a head coach.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                11 assists on 27 baskets is not very good and is reflective of the style of offense we are playing. However, I am not sure HCIB is that concerned about that ratio.
                                Yeah. Part of what is wrong with our offense. But I don't think it is gonna change a whole lot.

When they do make the extra pass is when our offense looks decent. Then we go right back to iso and pray.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X