Wichita State Shockers vs. Arizona Wildcats Game Thread 11-19-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    I really ****ing hate moral victories though!!
    I get that. I think this game showed me enough though that I feel like we SHOULD be in every game this season. After the first 3 I had no idea what the potential was.

Comment

• The iso ball almost killed us this game.

Comment

• Be good at the little things, and we win....

Just learn. Frustrating team to watch, because you know they can be good. Watching teams in the 90s was frustrating because they didn't have the talent. This team is obviously talented. They just need to play to it. Defense played pretty good, the heart seems to be there, we just get a little ahead of ourselves. Having the basketball needs to be valued.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Shocks shot 79.2% from the line in their first 3 games. Tonight in regulation 42.9%.

Hopefully, Kennedy gives the player of the game to Craig Porter. He played his butt off.

The lack of BBIQ still shows through and they tend to rush things. But still they got the game against a good Arizona team to OT and they deserve credit for making that happen even though they certainly did not play their best. Just play a little smarter, a little more under control and make their free throws like they are capable of doing they win this game.

I think Kenny Pohto may have done a little growing up in this game tonight considering what he was up against.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 19, 2021, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• As the “Big Boys” say —quality loss right there

Comment

• I think Craig, Kenny, Qua, Dex, Tyson, Ricky and Monzy showed competence tonight. Mo and Pleasant need to start adding and Coach forgot Chauncey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                The iso ball almost killed us this game.
                Getting away from that is when things improved. Drive and dish and work as a team and things get so much better. It's not rocket surgery
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  We just would not go away. A VERY good sign.
                  Right. We need to at least put it on notice that we are still ferocious MFers. Looking at you Porter! Top notch effort there.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• IB needs to coach up Mo on situational awareness. His size alone would have helped in OT.

Comment

• Proud of the fight from our team and how much noise our fans made in this arena. Arizona fans are obnoxious and is suddenly one of my most despised fan bases out these

Comment

• I honestly thought we would get blown out. Agree, don’t like moral victories, I hope we have enough gas in the tank for Sunday’s game. All in all, I don’t think it was a bad loss at all. Arizona will be top 20 very soon, if not top 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                          Proud of the fight from our team and how much noise our fans made in this arena. Arizona fans are obnoxious and is suddenly one of my most despised fan bases out these
                          God they are the KU of the south. The U of A chant? More like D-bag U

Comment

• I will just remind myself it is November. Only our first loss against a good team. Nothing is gained or loss off of this one game. It's all about where they continue to go from here.

I thought we would lose worse than we did.

So all in all I can't be too irate. I will just be happy with the grit and comeback for tonight. I felt we would go 1-1 in Vegas, if we do I will be ok with it.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                              I have a feeling this game is showing us the roller coaster ride of a season we can expect.
                              Udezes +/- is -20

Pohto's +/- is + 17

I'm less enthusiastic about IB than I was when he was hired, but IB inherited a really weak front court. When a Fr can outplay a 4-year guy, that says something about the 4-year guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                                I honestly thought we would get blown out. Agree, don’t like moral victories, I hope we have enough gas in the tank for Sunday’s game. All in all, I don’t think it was a bad loss at all. Arizona will be top 20 very soon, if not top 10.
                                our opponents don't really have a track record as such though. We shall see!

Comment

Working...
                                X