No announcement yet.

Record Next Five Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went with 3-2 vote but admit its mostly just a guess. Who really knows how the Shocks will play this weekend. 5-0 would surprise me and perhaps 0-5 would as well. 4-1 a bit too optimistic, 1-4 a bit too pessimistic but either could happen. 3-2 or 2-3 seems like the most likely outcome and the poll supports that. I would take 3-2 right now especially if the Shocks play relatively well.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 18, 2021, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
      I said big fat egg…
      You sir are a soulless bastard. I shall keep an eye on you.
      The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Lord View Post

Dark Lord is on fire tonight!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Lord View Post

-20F tonight, -26F tomorrow night.

Come at me bro, and bring some hellfire with you

Edit: -30F this morning. Can you hurry up? I’m about to go burn a tire to the climate gods.
          Last edited by shock; November 19, 2021, 10:40 AM.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            I went with 3-2 vote but admit its mostly just a guess. Who really knows how the Shocks will play this weekend. 5-0 would surprise me and perhaps 0-5 would as well. 4-1 a bit too optimistic, 1-4 a bit too pessimistic but either could happen. 3-2 or 2-3 seems like the most likely outcome and the poll supports that. I would take 3-2 right now especially if the Shocks play relatively well.
            Okie State and K-State left to play in this five game run; is a split still acceptable? OSU is 6-1 but has played a weak schedule; while the Mild Kats are 2-2 losing by 72-64 to Illinois and Arkansas.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Okie State and K-State left to play in this five game run; is a split still acceptable? OSU is 6-1 but has played a weak schedule; while the Mild Kats are 2-2 losing by 72-64 to Illinois and Arkansas.
              Split unfortunately seems most likely. Ought to beat K-State. Doesn't mean we will, though.

2-0 would be fantastic. 1-1 with a loss to OKylight probable.

Two losses would be pretty brutal. Just wish we would look a little better.

Comment

If anything I wish they would stop using Intrust for the big game in the non-conference schedule.. Especially in times like these where we basically have a new coach that’s trying to work out the kinks to a team that keeps falling victim to the transfer portal. Intrust doesn’t have the same rowdy atmosphere that CKA has and right about now we could use all the help we can get

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                  If anything I wish they would stop using Intrust for the big game in the non-conference schedule.. Especially in times like these where we basically have a new coach that’s trying to work out the kinks to a team that keeps falling victim to the transfer portal. Intrust doesn’t have the same rowdy atmosphere that CKA has and right about now we could use all the help we can get
                  Most of these games at intrust don't happen if it's at Koch Arena

It is easy to say we should play them there. But the opponent has to be willing to. That is the problem.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Yes, that would be acceptable to me. More importantly I would like to see some improvement in the level of team play and effectiveness on offense. If we do that, then maybe we take both of these games. The way the Shockers are playing I feel very fortunate that they are 5-1. They could easily be 3-3 or worse.

Comment

Beating OSU there would be a fantastic win. This is a good OSU team. Big, strong, deep, plenty of experience. They have the Memphis transfer Moussa Cisse who is a beast defensively. They are extremely balanced with 9 players averaging 13.5 to 25 minutes a game (only 1 more than that, Isaac Likekele at 29) and 9 players averaging between 6.1 and 10.4 points per game. Balanced, deep, athletic and big. And at home. They also average almost 7 and a half blocks and nearly 12 steals. They do turn it over more than 15 times a game though so we should be able to heat 'em up at times.

I suspect OSU will be a 6-10 point favorite, and rightfully so. Shocks will have to play their best game of the year to have a chance to win. Again, this is a very good OSU team that should be 7-0.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Beating OSU there would be a fantastic win. This is a good OSU team. Big, strong, deep, plenty of experience. They have the Memphis transfer Moussa Cisse who is a beast defensively. They are extremely balanced with 9 players averaging 13.5 to 25 minutes a game (only 1 more than that, Isaac Likekele at 29) and 9 players averaging between 6.1 and 10.4 points per game. Balanced, deep, athletic and big. And at home. They also average almost 7 and a half blocks and nearly 12 steals. They do turn it over more than 15 times a game though so we should be able to heat 'em up at times.

I suspect OSU will be a 6-10 point favorite, and rightfully so. Shocks will have to play their best game of the year to have a chance to win. Again, this is a very good OSU team that should be 7-0.
                        IMO if the Shocks play their best game of the year they will win in a cakewalk.

Comment

Doc, why are you so sure they are that good? The lost to Oakland and required OT to beat ORU. Honest question.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Beating OSU will be a decent win. Not fantastic, but decent especially on the road. The good thing is that the Shox “best game” game needed to win is not that difficult and simply involves maintaining their normal defense, boxing out, improving fast break transition into points, and hitting their free throws. All within reach imo. They do that and Shox win by 6 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Beating OSU will be a decent win. Not fantastic, but decent especially on the road. The good thing is that the Shox “best game” game needed to win is not that difficult and simply involves maintaining their normal defense, boxing out, improving fast break transition into points, and hitting their free throws. All within reach imo. They do that and Shox win by 6 or more.
                              So is Missouri better than Okie State?

Missouri was 3-2 when we came in and they had beaten SMU, but lost to the Roos of KC by 14 and Florida St by 23.

OSU will be 6-1 when we arrive, losing to a decent Oakland by 1 with a couple of key players not available (both are their leading scorers). OSU's best win is against NC St (currently 5-1, but easy schedule) by 6 points on a neutral court.

I don't see this game as easier than Missouri and they may actually have a least a few fans in the stands.

Comment

OSU and KSU are both toss up games; Morris and Kenny have to step up. Both should look to score if the balls in their hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X