No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Tarleton Game Thread 11-16-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This board is unreal right now. So many stupid people on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
      We're up 11 on a team that played KU about that close. The best player on the team isn't suited up. And the Negative Nancys are EVERYWHERE.
      Didn’t KU beat them by 26? Now if we push this to 20, I agree.

Comment

• Just wanted to thank the tv production crew for replaying the two nice Shocker dunks in the first half. Shiesh.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

We're up 11 on a team that played KU about that close. The best player on the team isn't suited up. And the Negative Nancys are EVERYWHERE.
          Pretty sure KU beat them by 26.

We played 3 teams we should have beaten soundly, and have struggled terribly on offense against all 3. Are you expecting a bunch of pats on the back for how we have looked so far?

Comment

• I actually feel a lot better after watching this game. Clearly still a long way to go. But this is not a hopeless team. I like the defense, the energy, finally at least the rough sketches of some actual offense. And the balance--not scoring as much as we'd like but scoring in lots of ways.

It's something to build on, which is why you play teams like this early.

Comment

• I am not gonna form a hard opinion until I see us this weekend.

I don't like the offense most of the time. Defense and rebounding (generally....not necessarily tonight) seems improved.

But I want to see us against known, expected, good teams. It could be that these 3 teams are better than we think they are. Or maybe we play to the level of competition. Or maybe we truly aren't that good right now.

I feel like I will have a better feel after this weekend. Although November basketball isn't always pretty.

Anyway, I am still in a wait and see approach for the most part.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

The “Negative Nancy’s” have been right the last three years.

Comment

• Dexter hitting shots is a good sign

Comment

• Finish strong!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                      This board is unreal right now. So many stupid people on here.
                      Sunshine approved!
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We’ll have a better pulse on this team after this weekend. If we can get at least one win, I’ll feel pretty good

Comment

• Glad we got a win. Showed some improved play in the second half, but still a mountain of improvement to make to be competitive this weekend. Good defense, rebounding and limiting silly turnovers will give us a chance. Hoping we get some hot shooting in Vegas.

Comment

• The second half was better. Signs of sharing the ball and getting to spots on the floor where they can score. Lots to work on…

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Sunshine approved!
                              Hey fever how did that Alabama prediction pan out?

Comment

• Spread was 13.5 before they announced Etienne was out. So a 14 PT victory without him isn't the worst thing in the world.

Some positives:
                                Dexter hitting shots Jenkins looks like he could contribute this year
                                Monzy really understands his role.
                                We didn't lose

lots to work on still

Comment

Working...
                                X