Wichita State vs Tarleton Game Thread 11-16-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post
    Outrebounded by 8, give up 6 steals, shoot 31%....defense has been bright spot, multiple SC violations...gotta make shots....
    And take care of the ball.

Comment

Coach forgot Pohto was on the team last 10-ala last year.

Comment

I dunno what the line is vs Arizona, but take Arizona and give the points.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
          Ricky likes to celebrate too much
          players coach

Comment

Better in all respects tonight than the last two games. But the pace of improvement is concerning. I like that we're at least attempting to work the ball into the post--obviously need better results but at least it makes the defense react and should open up different opportunities than the same lackadaisical high ball screen followed by general confusion that we saw earlier on.

Saw some of Mo's upside that half, along with the obvious problems. If he gets back to where he was last year, we'll be ok. I'm ok to keep feeding him and hoping the good outcomes will begin to outweigh the bad--don't think that happens without more reps. If not, we had better hope that Kenny's development is especially quick. Problem is Kenny needs reps in the gym as well as reps on the court, and that takes time.

I liked Chaunce's general awareness and decision making for the most part. That's more impressive--and more important--than the dunk or the made 3 if he's to be trusted with serious minutes.

Can't decide about Qua yet. Definitely the most likely to Leeroy Jenkins himself into trouble, but he's got the potential to actually convert some of those misadventures as well. As of now I'm pro-Porter as PG.

Not sure what Joe Pleasant is supposed to be doing in our sets so maybe he's doing it fine but he seems a rather inert presence apart from setting a solid screen.

Obviously Tyson is a major missing piece and we're way better with a healthy TE (though not with a sick one, as we saw). But I actually don't mind seeing how the team can find points without him (as long as we can win this game).

Comment

offense is still putrid but defensive intensity good

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

And a head man that keeps you from doing dumb shite!
                Shaq Morris, Erik Stevenson, Teddy Allen, yeah, those guys never did any dumb stuff.

Comment

Bob Close is gargantuanly dumb about basketball. How he was a coach…

Comment

Craig brings the ball up like a jr high point guard

Comment

• Mo has a 4 four ft radius.

Comment

• We look fairly decent on offense when we move the ball. Issue is...we hardly move the ball....just a lot of driving
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                          We look fairly decent on offense when we move the ball. Issue is...we hardly move the ball....just a lot of driving
                          And much of that driving isn't done under control
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• It's pretty easy to see why IB wanted to run a transition game instead of relying on half court offense. Seems like he knew the problem that's now obvious before the season started.

Comment

• Looking like Pohto's first game was his best game.

Comment

• Several wide open looks just clanking. One thing that seems (haven't looked it up) better this game is that we aren't forcing as many threes as normal.

Comment

Working...
                                X