2021-22 NOMINATIONS: "Cone of Shame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It is really hard to say how good they are as I have yet to seen anyone really provide much resistance this year. They are in the smallest class in the state.

Note Udall, who Pretty Prairie beat 90-12 has won a couple of games this year. How bad must those 2 teams be. Of course, Covid testing is perhaps having some impact on some of these blowouts.

I think Pretty Prairie plays Pratt Skyline next. That won't be much of a game. Skyline is pretty bad this year. However, after that I think they play Norwich who beat Caldwell 67-6 last night. Might actually find out something about Pretty Prairie in that matchup.

Pretty Prairie is 9-0. Their average game score has been 73.3 - 18.7.
    I just watched Central Christian's girls beat Skyline 60-11 last night. They beat Caldwell by a similar score. Those two teams are bad. They might have one girl who can be depended on to put up a decent shot. CCS's best player rarely played in the 2nd half and then they go into a soft zone and don't take quick shots on offense. Part of the problem with these small schools is they don't have many bench players, and several of them use up most of their available quarters in the JV game.

The CCS vs. Pretty Prairie girls game should be a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I just watched Central Christian's girls beat Skyline 60-11 last night. They beat Caldwell by a similar score. Those two teams are bad. They might have one girl who can be depended on to put up a decent shot. CCS's best player rarely played in the 2nd half and then they go into a soft zone and don't take quick shots on offense. Part of the problem with these small schools is they don't have many bench players, and several of them use up most of their available quarters in the JV game.

The CCS vs. Pretty Prairie girls game should be a good one.
      My daughter did mention to me that she thought the Central Christian would be a good game for Pretty Prairie.

Comment

• CCS has a really good junior PG (coach's daughter) and a couple of 6-foot seniors in the post. They played Sunrise Christian pretty tough on Saturday afternoon.

Comment

• Wait…. HUTCH central Christian ? They still have a school? And not just a school but a good girls team? I’m impressed and stunned

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
            Wait…. HUTCH central Christian ? They still have a school? And not just a school but a good girls team? I’m impressed and stunned
            Yep.

Comment

• "The 72-year-old referee broke his nose and cheek during the fall at the Dec. 16 game at Kenmore Middle School, King County sheriff’s deputies said in a probable cause statement. The father pleaded not guilty to the second-degree assault charge on Jan. 3, the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office said...."

Comment

• The attacker has a history of outbursts and uncontrollable anger issues. I hope he's severely punished when it's all said and done. His actions were 100% inexcusable. I've never seen an attack on a ref as justifiable, but there have been a few instances when I get the emotional reaction of a parent or whoever, but this is definitely not one of them.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Based on the fact that he is 31 and has an eighth grade son, it's clearly not his first ill-advised outburst.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    Based on the fact that he is 31 and has an eighth grade son, it's clearly not his first ill-advised outburst.
                    Life inside that household is probably pretty dreary. I feel sorry for the kid (and anyone else who lives there).

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Life inside that household is probably pretty dreary. I feel sorry for the kid (and anyone else who lives there).
                      If you watch the kid from the beginning, he seems to have already developed father like son leanings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

If you watch the kid from the beginning, he seems to have already developed father like son leanings.
                        Wow, you're right. He totally cheap shots the kid for the initial foul and then instigates further. Dad Of The Year should be proud.
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Wow, you're right. He totally cheap shots the kid for the initial foul and then instigates further. Dad Of The Year should be proud.
                          Perhaps The Process V2.0 in the making. And you thought version 1.0 was bad.

Comment

• David Brooks' column from today's NYT shines a light on what's happening in our society. You can find this antisocial behavior left/right/center black/brown/white and the way we often engage with each other on social media, Shockernet included.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                              Based on the fact that he is 31 and has an eighth grade son, it's clearly not his first ill-advised outburst.
                              He's a loser, but he still keeps on tryin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Perhaps The Process V2.0 in the making. And you thought version 1.0 was bad.

The dad may have been the original TP - they both attended University of Washington and several other schools - https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...eaves-program/

Originally published August 10, 2012 at 6:32 pm Updated August 11, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Before the Huskies took the floor, their newest member — Mark McLaughlin — walked out the door on the same day, just four months after joining the squad.

The departure of the 6-foot-6 junior wing perhaps shouldn’t come as a huge surprise. He’s been connected with seven schools over the past six years.

However, when McLaughlin joined UW in April, he said it had always been his dream to play for the Huskies despite previously committing to Washington State, signing scholarship papers with Nevada and making brief stops at Baylor, Seattle University and Tacoma Community College.

“I’ve grown up,” McLaughlin said at the time. “I’ve learned a lot about becoming a man, and men stick with their commitments. They don’t go back on them. I wouldn’t want my son to go back on something he told me.

“I know I had a rough past, but all I can do is keep on persevering from what I did this year and continue to show people that I’m maturing. That’s really all I can do.”
                                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X