2021-22 NOMINATIONS: "Cone of Shame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

difference is, you can put an advertising slogan on a shirt and all sorts of people will see it as you wear it around. Harder to do with a hot dog.
    Years ago I remember the Blues Brothers were shooting hot dogs up in the stands at a Shocker home game with a sling shot I think and the freaking dogs were flying out of the wrapper. Quite a mess. That was good entertainment.

Comment

• I remember a fan in one of the top rows hurling a loaded wienie towards a referee following a horrendous call… and that’s all I have to say about that.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Sara Lundgren/Walkup. She could stand flat footed in the middle of the arena and still hit the upper bowl seats. And thats all I got to say about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          I remember a fan in one of the top rows hurling a loaded wienie towards a referee following a horrendous call… and that’s all I have to say about that.
          pinstripers!!!!!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
            Sara Lundgren/Walkup. She could stand flat footed in the middle of the arena and still hit the upper bowl seats. And thats all I got to say about that.
            Hold the phone she's got a cannon!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I do remember a female cheerleader with quite an arm, maybe 10-ish years ago?
              Found the following video on Facebook - I imagine it's her. Toward the end of the video she throws something into the upper seats - https://www.facebook.com/GoShockersC...1367837211248/
              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Parent, who's also a Tennessee state representative, attempts to pull down referee's pants - https://www.wjhl.com/news/local/stat...sketball-game/ - attempt to de-pants ref happens around the 30 second mark of news video at the top of the article.

Immediately prior to the confrontation, the video shows players jostling for a loose ball before referees separated them. Two players, one from each team, were assessed technical fouls for unsportsmanlike conduct. That’s when Faison, whose son plays for the visiting Lakeway Christian team, took to the court.

According to a report from the TSSAA, when Faison was told to leave the court, he became hostile and said, “You can’t tell me to leave the floor, this was your fault.”

The report states that Faison then grabbed one of the referee’s pants in an attempt to pull them down. The attempt was unsuccessful.
                Here's another video of it - de-pants is around 14 seconds in -

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                  Parent, who's also a Tennessee state representative, attempts to pull down referee's pants - https://www.wjhl.com/news/local/stat...sketball-game/ - attempt to de-pants ref happens around the 30 second mark of news video at the top of the article.

those darn hillbillies are so cute when theyre mad

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                    Parent, who's also a Tennessee state representative, attempts to pull down referee's pants - https://www.wjhl.com/news/local/stat...sketball-game/ - attempt to de-pants ref happens around the 30 second mark of news video at the top of the article.

Gregg should have done this in Canada.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Gregg should have done this in Canada.
                      hahahhaa

Comment

• Sacred Heart Academy Apologizes After 92-4 Girls' Basketball Blowout of Lyman Hall
                        By Matt Finkel • Published January 5, 2022 • Updated on January 5, 2022 at 3:37 pm
                        Sacred Heart Academy defeated Lyman High School in girls basketball on Monday night 92-4. The day after the lopsided win, the school issued an apology and suspended head coach Jason Kirck for one game. “Sacred Heart Academy values the lessons taught and cultivated through athletic participation including ethical and responsible behavior, leadership and strength of character and respect for one’s…

"Sacred Heart Academy defeated Lyman High School in girls basketball on Monday night 92-4. The day after the lopsided win, the school issued an apology and suspended head coach Jason Kirck for one game...."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                          Sacred Heart Academy Apologizes After 92-4 Girls' Basketball Blowout of Lyman Hall
                          By Matt Finkel • Published January 5, 2022 • Updated on January 5, 2022 at 3:37 pm
                          https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...-hall/2685126/

"Sacred Heart Academy defeated Lyman High School in girls basketball on Monday night 92-4. The day after the lopsided win, the school issued an apology and suspended head coach Jason Kirck for one game...."
                          My grandson plays at Pretty Prairie. The Pretty Prairie girls team is pretty good a very well coached especially compared to the teams they play. I think they have two players that have received interest from D-1 schools. Since the girls play right before the boys I have occassion to watch them. The last two games I saw them play was at Central Burden and I they won that 96-15 and then they beat Udall 90-12 this past week. They simply are far superior to their competition and the coaching has a lot to do with that. Central Burden and Udall were just under-girled and poorly coached. Pretty Prairie could have played there 5 worst players on their roster and still won big. Are they supposed to sit their starters who are looking at college scholarship opportunities.

Now if you are the superior team and not playing your full bench liberally in these games or are putting full court presses on an overmatched team then you deserve criticism. That's generally not the case in the Pretty Prairie games. It's mostly because the opponents were so awful. This actually is not that uncommon in high school girls basketball. And coaching at that level can make a huge differnence and, quite frankly, really good coaches are few and far between.

The same night that Pretty Prairie beat Udall 90-12, Bishop Carroll beat West 65-28, St, Paul beat Cherokee Southeast 66-18, St. Mary's Colgan beat Iola 73-16, Dodge City beat Ulysses 89-17, Norwich beat Caldwall 67-6, Berean Academy beat Classical 61-16, St. John beat Kinsley 62-13, Barstow beat Bishop Seabury Academy 72-7, Central Plains beat Ellinwood 63-15, Lebo beat Olpe 73-20. Shawnee Mission South beat Lawrence Free State 58-4, Ell-Saline beat Inman 42-7, Turner beat Washington 38-4, Santa Fe Trail beat Osawatomie 87-29, Lyons beat Pratt-Skyline 56-7, and Heights beat South 69-28 among the plethora of blowout games that one night. And this is not an aberration. Heights also beat North 77-18 earlier in December in City League play. Last night Empria beat Junction City 71-8. So it is not just limited to the rural areas and tiny schools.

Now perhaps the winner in the article you posted deserves criticism but not necessarily because of the score itself. Hard to say without seeing the game. I suppose a superior team could get a big lead and then run the clock out half the game or more since there isn't a shot clock. But I think you will find that these massive mismatches are primarily just the nature of girl's high school basketball.

My biggest complaint with the Pretty Prairie games is that they don't go to a running clock until the 4th quarter Probably should have been a running clock for at least the entire 2nd half. Maybe even sooner once the lead reaches 40 points. That would have helped some.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 8, 2022, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

My grandson plays at Pretty Prairie. The Pretty Prairie girls team is pretty good a very well coached especially compared to the teams they play. I think they have two players that have received interest from D-1 schools. Since the girls play right before the boys I hava occassion to watch them The last two games I saw them play was at Central Burden and I think they won that 96-15 and then they beat Udall 90-12 the is past week. They simply are far superior to their competition and the coaching has a lot to do with that. Central Burden and Udall were just under-girled and poorly coached. Pretty Prairie could have played there 5 worst players on their roster and still won big. Are they supposed to sit their starters who are looking at college scholarship opportunities.

Now if you are the superior team and not playing your full bench liberally in these games or are putting full court presses on an overmatched team then you deserve criticism. That's generally not the case in the Pretty Prairie games. It's mostly because the opponents were so awful. This actually is not that uncommon in high school girls basketball. And coaching at that level an make a huge differnence and, quite frankly, really good coaches are few and far between.

The same night that Pretty Prairie beat Udall 90-12, Bishop Carroll beat West 65-28, St, Paul beat Cherokee Southeast 66-18, St. Mary's Colgan beat Iola 73-16, Dodge City beat Ulysses 89-17, Norwich best Caldwall 67-6, Beran Academy beat Classical 61-16, St. John beat Kinsley 62-13, Barstow beat Bishop Seabury Academy 72-7, Central Plains beat Ellinwood 63-15, Lebo best Olpe 73-20. Shawnee Mission South beat Lawrence Free State 58-4, Ell-Saline beat Inman 42-7, Turner beat Washington 38-4, Santa Fe Trail beat Osawatomie 87-29, Lyons beat Pratt-Skyline 56-7, and Heights beat South 69-28 among the plethora of blowout games that one night. And this is not an aberration. Heights also beat North 77-18 earlier in December in City League play. Last night Empria beat Junction City 71-8. So it is not just limited to the rural arease and tiny schools.

Now perhaps the winner in the article you posted deserves criticism but not necessarily because of the score itself. Hard to say without seeing the game. I suppose a superior team could get a big lead and then run the clock out half the game or more since there isn't shot clock. But I think you will find that these massive mismatches are primarily just the nature of girl's high school basketball.

My biggest complaint with the Pretty Prairie games is that they don't go to a running clock until the 4th quarter Probably should have been a running clock for at least the entire 2nd half. Maybe even sooner once the lead reaches 40 points. That would have helped some.
                            Good point…. And now I’d like to go see PP play!☺️

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Good point…. And now I’d like to go see PP play!☺️
                              It is really hard to say how good they are as I have yet to seen anyone really provide much resistance this year. They are in the smallest class in the state.

Note Udall, who Pretty Prairie beat 90-12 has won a couple of games this year. How bad must those 2 teams be. Of course, Covid testing is perhaps having some impact on some of these blowouts.

I think Pretty Prairie plays Pratt Skyline next. That won't be much of a game. Skyline is pretty bad this year. However, after that I think they play Norwich who beat Caldwell 67-6 last night. Might actually find out something about Pretty Prairie in that matchup.

Pretty Prairie is 9-0. Their average game score has been 73.3 - 18.7.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 8, 2022, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Do you know what midseason tourney they are in? Would be fun to watch them match it up with bigger schools

Comment

Working...
                                X