No announcement yet.

WSU Game 1 vs Miz S. St. Attendance Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

76 did hold water at one time. That is the extent of his sports knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This just proves you’re a “freakin” idiot. This statement simply that a person believes Marshall is the best Shocker coach in Shocker history. You think that Miller is, but by now, you’ve shown your biases and lost any sane person from listening to you because of your incoherent hate for GM. If you think RM has better character than GM, fine, but that’s a separate argument. RM coached during a time when what GM did was totally acceptable to a kid like Shaq and he may have done a lot worse. From stories I’ve heard, Ralph was a tough SOB that players didn’t mess with. They accepted everything he said because they were afraid of him. They thought he would curse at them with the worst language possible, and then maybe follow up by kicking their ass. I knew a couple of tough guys that played for Ralph and they didn’t question him, so your reasoning for comparing character doesn’t hold water.
      You should consider stopping your name calling as it diminishes your argument and makes you look childish.

Read what was written - "...best coach we will ever have" - as others have already posted one cannot predict the future; IB may prove to be a better coach than Marshall given his success this past season. As I have posted previously IMO being the "best coach" involves more than just wins and losses. If you do not support this concept - fine - then go root for the Beakers and Bill Self as they routinely demonstrate that nothing is more important to them than winning basketball games.

I cannot offer anecdotal stories to counter yours as I was ten years old and living on a remote farm. My knowledge of Ralph comes from listening to Shocker games on the radio, reading the Wichita Eagle and the Wichita Beacon newspaper articles, reading Sports Illustrated and conducting google searches as the internet developed. But what I do know is Ralph was never publicly accused of or demonstrated the bad behavior and bad sportsmanship Marshall routinely displayed during his tenure.

On second thought, I will offer you a recent personal anecdotal story - Purdue fans attending the Charleston basketball tournament a couple of years ago asked my friend and me who were in attendance if Marshall was "really the d*ck he appeared to be or what?" That's the image Marshall projected for the team, the university, the city and the State of Kansas.
      Last edited by Shocker1976; October 30, 2021, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I wonder what the attendance will be on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          I wonder what the attendance will be on Monday.
          I bet it will be on par with the Mercy Me concert last night at Hartman arena -- so 6,000 to 6,500?

Comment

No TV for this game? Holy cow, what an embarrassment. Maybe that will force an extra two or three people to buy tickets.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              No TV for this game? Holy cow, what an embarrassment. Maybe that will force an extra two or three people to buy tickets.
              No ESPN+ or whatever that Cox channel is called?
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

No ESPN+ or whatever that Cox channel is called?
                No TV, just radio. Season breaks out as:

12 games on ESPN+
                14 games on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPN U
                2 Games on CBS
                1 game To Be Announced (Missouri)
                1 game (exhibition) - NO TV

Comment

Damn. I just assumed it would have some kind of TV. Guess I'll just be watching the Chiefs game and will just read about what others think
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

MSSU men hit the road for exhibition with D1 Wichita State - Joplin Globe

by Jared Porter
                    10/31/21, 8:15pm cst

The Missouri Southern men’s basketball season has arrived. Or at least the tune-up, if we want to get technical. The Lions head to Wichita, Kansas, on Monday to take on the NCAA Division I Wichita State Shockers in an exhibition at 6 p.m. inside Charles Koch Arena.

The meeting will be the first ever between the two programs and will pit MSSU against a WSU squad that went 16-6 last season en route to a regular-season American Athletic Conference title and an NCAA Tournament berth. “It’s a good opportunity to play against a caliber of team like Wichita State,” eighth-year Southern head coach Jeff Boschee said. “This is a team that plays in an arena with some pretty passionate fans. It’ll be a good opportunity for our guys to get out in front of some fans and continue to try to build and get better.”...

“I’m not too concerned about the matchup as far as diving too deep into Wichita State,” Boschee said. “Most of my concerns right now are with my team and seeing what we can do.”..."

Comment

I'll have the Chiefs game (muted) on TV and listening to Kennedy. I believe there's a Live Stats link. I'll have that up in another window.

Comment

Didn’t Jeff Boschee play up north?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Didn’t Jeff Boschee play up north?
                          That, he absolutely did. Senior year was 2002.

78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                            I'll have the Chiefs game (muted) on TV and listening to Kennedy. I believe there's a Live Stats link. I'll have that up in another window.
                            WSU game starts early. You’ll get to listen to first half before KC gets going. Might I also suggest watching ManningCast instead of main feed for MNF? Peyton and Eli are flipping amazing. Funny as hell but also have ridiculously high football IQ.

78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

WSU game starts early. You’ll get to listen to first half before KC gets going. Might I also suggest watching ManningCast instead of main feed for MNF? Peyton and Eli are flipping amazing. Funny as hell but also have ridiculously high football IQ.
                              Is Manning Cast on tonight? I was under(probably false )assumption that they were not on every game...hope tonight IS one...last week was amazing...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Is Manning Cast on tonight? I was under(probably false )assumption that they were not on every game...hope tonight IS one...last week was amazing...
                                Is this on a particular channel or is it just online? I've heard people talk about it but I haven't cared about a MNF game enough this year to even consider it.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X