Masking, vaccination, and social distancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
    In a show of solidarity, I will be wear my mask at home in Atlanta during the game AND the pregame.

BTW, only place I see masks is in a Dr office. Also, I sent about 40 hours in two different ERs in the last month and the only masks I saw were the paper kind. What does that say about our medical professionals
    about the same as the politicians

Comment

• I asked my usher if he was going to be watching for my mask. He just smiled at me. (I think)

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

about the same as the politicians

It's all for show...

Comment

• If the “mask mandate” was stopping you from coming, don’t let it. Looking around at halftime and less than 10% of crowd wearing masks.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
            If the “mask mandate” was stopping you from coming, don’t let it. Looking around at halftime and less than 10% of crowd wearing masks.
            It’s cuz everybody was eating $13 nachos im sure.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
              If the “mask mandate” was stopping you from coming, don’t let it. Looking around at halftime and less than 10% of crowd wearing masks.
              I guess Cold wasn't there calling them Covidiots?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

I guess Cold wasn't there calling them Covidiots?
                Cold doesn’t even know that we have a basketball program anymore. Something else is now consuming his life.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• My son and I didn't take a mask. Decided to walk up and see what happened. No issues, I would say less than a quarter were wearing their masks. It was nice to see.

Comment

• To be clear, the mask mandate WILL NOT BE ENFORCED AT GAMES BY WSU.

It wasn't tonight and it will not be. Signs will be up, employees will have to mask up (how they get away with the players not wearing masks I don't know) but no one will say a thing to you.

Probably 75%+ wore a mask while walking in. Maybe around 40-50% prior to game time. Maybe 10% in the bowl by halftime, and not very many at the end. In fact, I'd speculate most people wearing masks at the end are wearing masks just about everywhere they go, including while driving and at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      To be clear, the mask mandate WILL NOT BE ENFORCED AT GAMES BY WSU.

It wasn't tonight and it will not be. Signs will be up, employees will have to mask up (how they get away with the players not wearing masks I don't know) but no one will say a thing to you.

Probably 75%+ wore a mask while walking in. Maybe around 40-50% prior to game time. Maybe 10% in the bowl by halftime, and not very many at the end. In fact, I'd speculate most people wearing masks at the end are wearing masks just about everywhere they go, including while driving and at home.
                      If I had to bet, 80% of the people at the game are vaccinated. At some point, you gotta let the masks go and let the chips fall where they may, The people we are “protecting” don’t wanna be protected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

If I had to bet, 80% of the people at the game are vaccinated. At some point, you gotta let the masks go and let the chips fall where they may, The people we are “protecting” don’t wanna be protected.
                        The wife was in the restroom after the game and said there were a line of blue-hairs bitching about no one wearing masks.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

The wife was in the restroom after the game and said there were a line of blue-hairs bitching about no one wearing masks.
                          Well, she just missed the blue hairs who would be bitching if they wore one.

Comment

• Hate to say it, but the blue hairs are the ones that should be protecting themselves the most. Going to a large public gathering, masks or not, is not a way to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Hate to say it, but the blue hairs are the ones that should be protecting themselves the most. Going to a large public gathering, masks or not, is not a way to do that.
                              Yes, but it all depends on one's health (diabetes, etc.), whether they are immune compromised, and how old they are. I think that the CDC is showing how inept they are by not funding and creating a test to detect how much cellular and anti-body immunity a person has. This could be used to make decisions for each person. This virus isn't going away and I refuse to wear a mask for the rest of my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Yes, but it all depends on one's health (diabetes, etc.), whether they are immune compromised, and how old they are. I think that the CDC is showing how inept they are by not funding and creating a test to detect how much cellular and anti-body immunity a person has. This could be used to make decisions for each person. This virus isn't going away and I refuse to wear a mask for the rest of my life.
                                100% agree of the ineptness by the CDC...but obviously "they" don't want you or I or Peter, Paul or Mary to make that decision. "They" want to make that decision for us all. Power, control....

FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X