No announcement yet.

2021-22 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey someone realized that we have more players than just TE.
    It’s never too early to start looking ahead! Check below for our list of 20 under-the-radar breakout players for the 21-22 college basketball season. In no particular order: Akok Akok, UConn: A former top-50 recruit, Akok was never healthy last year after suffering an achilles injury in the middle of the 19-20 season. The 6-9 […]

Comment

Originally posted by GneissShox View Post
      Hey someone realized that we have more players than just TE.
      I'm still liking a lineup of Etienne, Council, and Dennis on the perimeter. Porter didn't show much at the 10-minute scrimmage to indicate he can crack that lineup. Put Dennis on the best perimeter player and Council defends the weakest perimeter player.

Both Pleasant and Jackson can hit from deep. Pair that with Udeze posting up and turn Etienne loose. Or put Pohto in and let him camp out on the 3-point line and turn all the perimeter guys loose.

Throw in that IB wants to run on every possession and has the depth and athleticism to do it, and the Shox could be a defensive nightmare for opponents. If the transition game doesn't produce a shot, the secondary break has too many options to defend effectively. If that doesn't produce a good shot, there's an NBA-quality PG who hits 40% from deep and spent part of the summer working on a screening game.

Grabbing some rebounds would help. Got to have the ball to put points on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

I'm still liking a lineup of Etienne, Council, and Dennis on the perimeter. Porter didn't show much at the 10-minute scrimmage to indicate he can crack that lineup. Put Dennis on the best perimeter player and Council defends the weakest perimeter player.

Both Pleasant and Jackson can hit from deep. Pair that with Udeze posting up and turn Etienne loose. Or put Pohto in and let him camp out on the 3-point line and turn all the perimeter guys loose.

Throw in that IB wants to run on every possession and has the depth and athleticism to do it, and the Shox could be a defensive nightmare for opponents. If the transition game doesn't produce a shot, the secondary break has too many options to defend effectively. If that doesn't produce a good shot, there's an NBA-quality PG who hits 40% from deep and spent part of the summer working on a screening game.

Grabbing some rebounds would help. Got to have the ball to put points on the board.
        A 10 minute scimage don't mean sht. I am sure the lineup will be determined by what players consistently show in practice. Go Shocks.

Comment

Coach said they were already worn out from the 2 hour practice. I'm sure he's just letting them have fun at Shocker Madness. Some guys look good in that type of environment and some guys look better in a system. My concern with Porter is that he seems to play with concrete in his shoes. He makes some nifty passes but does not seem to be very athletic (run fast, jump high). I'll believe he's a player when he proves it in real games.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Coach said they were already worn out from the 2 hour practice. I'm sure he's just letting them have fun at Shocker Madness. Some guys look good in that type of environment and some guys look better in a system. My concern with Porter is that he seems to play with concrete in his shoes. He makes some nifty passes but does not seem to be very athletic (run fast, jump high). I'll believe he's a player when he proves it in real games.
            While run fast and jumping high is great... I think we've proven we don't need our pg to have those qualities in the past...

Porters biggest problem last year is he just never shot the ball. Hard to get around people when they can just give you a bunch of space and go under screens

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

While run fast and jumping high is great... I think we've proven we don't need our pg to have those qualities in the past...

Porters biggest problem last year is he just never shot the ball. Hard to get around people when they can just give you a bunch of space and go under screens
              You make a good point about the needs of our pg and Porter.. So let's see what all these players can do in real games. It's getting close to that time. Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

good point, but Fred has extremely quick feet and hands. I'm still looking for Porter to show he has some differentiators.

Comment

No love here for TE. Unreal. I'm all for making a "Media can kiss my ass" topic.

Comment

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt because they probably don't think of TE as a point guard. But TE is still way better than the clowns in this rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                      I am giving them the benefit of the doubt because they probably don't think of TE as a point guard. But TE is still way better than the clowns in this rankings.
                      You're nicer than I am.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Nope.

https://twitter.com/Hoophall/status/...HWyAzIDAw&s=19
                          Time for Tyson E to bet on himself. I know I have confidence in him.. Shocker players and teams seem to always get this type of disrespect. Go Shocks.

Comment

Who the **** is basketball hall of fame?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              Who the **** is basketball hall of fame?
                              It doesn't matter. They are the same kind of lame people that were saying Melo Trimble and all those other clowns were better than Fred. And we know how that turned out.

Comment

It doesn't matter. They are the same kind of lame people that were saying Melo Trimble and all those other clowns were better than Fred. And we know how that turned out.
                                Who does Melo start for in the NBA? Didn’t he win a championship?
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X