No announcement yet.

2021-22 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being picked 3rd isn't unreasonable. Houston has earned the respect the last couple of years to be picked first. I don't have a problem with that. We know Memphis has yet to live up to the hype, but they're loaded with talent so I really don't have a problem with that. I'm not sure why being picked 3rd would be some sort of insult. I do think the top 3 teams are obvious and have no problem with any order they're put in.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Is CBB Review written by someone in this country? On a list of poorly written articles about WSU Basketball, that one certainly has to be Top 3.

No way is English the writer's first language.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Being picked 3rd isn't unreasonable. Houston has earned the respect the last couple of years to be picked first. I don't have a problem with that. We know Memphis has yet to live up to the hype, but they're loaded with talent so I really don't have a problem with that. I'm not sure why being picked 3rd would be some sort of insult. I do think the top 3 teams are obvious and have no problem with any order they're put in.
        The reason Houston is 1 is the same reason Memphis should be 3-4. Houston has constantly proved they can be 1. Memphis has consistently proved that they significantly under achieve.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Interview with Mike O'Donnell previewing AAC. Mike really knows his ****! Interviewer, not so much.
          Greg Peterson is the interviewer on that link - I finally listened to the entire link to hear Peterson's conference prediction: following

#1 Houston - based on Head Coach
          #2 Memphis - based on talent of roster
          #3 SMU
          #4 UCF
          #5 WSU

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Greg Peterson is the interviewer on that link - I finally listened to the entire link to hear Peterson's conference prediction: following

#1 Houston - based on Head Coach
            #2 Memphis - based on talent of roster
            #3 SMU
            #4 UCF
            #5 WSU
            What an effing joke! Time to prove them wrong yet again.

Comment

I am not surprised by Peterson`s prediction. I have been trying to tell some of you guys this. There are so many in the national media that feel the same way. Joe Lurnardi, Jerry Palm, Gary Parrish, and the silent majority that disrespect WSU every year. Quite simply they think that what Coach Brown and the shockers achieved last year was luck, fluke, or any other crazy idea they can come up with.

According to the national media the shockers did not have the kind of recruiting that the other 4 teams had and therefore our team did not improve.. The Shocks luck has run out. Sometime I tell myself that one day this attitude toward WSU will change, but it never does. Last year when our program was falling apart according to them, we were picked 7. This year we moved up 2 spots. All shocker fans should just be happy and accept our team limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                I am not surprised by Peterson`s prediction. I have been trying to tell some of you guys this. There are so many in the national media that feel the same way. Joe Lurnardi, Jerry Palm, Gary Parrish, and the silent majority that disrespect WSU every year. Quite simply they think that what Coach Brown and the shockers achieved last year was luck, fluke, or any other crazy idea they can come up with.

According to the national media the shockers did not have the kind of recruiting that the other 4 teams had and therefore our team did not improve.. The Shocks luck has run out. Sometime I tell myself that one day this attitude toward WSU will change, but it never does. Last year when our program was falling apart according to them, we were picked 7. This year we moved up 2 spots. All shocker fans should just be happy and accept our team limitations.
                Mike O'Donnell in the podcast was quite bullish on the Shocks. He is quite sure we will be dancing and TE will be a household name. The other guy? Says we are down this year because of losing AG, TW and the 2 1/2 rebounds a game from IPBC. I sure do get tired of these brainiacs making predictions who do zero research. A quick glance down the roster and they have everything figured out. But if you call them out, you're just a Homer. Good thing is, we do out best work with a huge chip on our Shoulders. I'm looking at you, Kelly Oubre!

Go Shocks!

Comment

Mike O'Donnell in the podcast was quite bullish on the Shocks. He is quite sure we will be dancing and TE will be a household name. The other guy? Says we are down this year because of losing AG, TW and the 2 1/2 rebounds a game from IPBC. I sure do get tired of these brainiacs making predictions who do zero research. A quick glance down the roster and they have everything figured out. But if you call them out, you're just a Homer. Good thing is, we do out best work with a huge chip on our Shoulders. I'm looking at you, Kelly Oubre!

Go Shocks!
                  No No No!!!!!!! Kelly Oubre can sleep all he wants when he is not committing a flagrant foul against Tekel. We all know Tekel was getting ready to tear that goal down with a thunderous dunk. But hey when your getting your overrated ass kicked by the Shockers you got to do something to save face. Go Shocks.

Comment

Rob Dauster and Robbie Hummel has the Shocks at #42. They interview IB and Taylor on the upcoming season. Definitely worth your time to listen.

Comment

Rob Dauster and Robbie Hummel has the Shocks at #42. They interview IB and Taylor on the upcoming season. Definitely worth your time to listen.

https://twitter.com/TheFieldOf68/sta...R72Gg&s=19
                      IB mentioned rebounding as a deficiency that had to improve, and so did Robbie Hummel. Some on here got mad last year when rebounding was mentioned, but the team hasn't changed that much with the new personnel they recruited. Pleasant on paper, isn't very much different than Trey Wade (who probably was our best rebounder last year), although he may be a better outside shooter which would obviously help our team. Shooting the ball will definitely help us improve.

However, Morris needs to seriously pick up his rebounding, and Dexter, Ricky, Monzy, Pleasant, and even guards like Tyson, Craig Porter, and other players need to screen out, and "Crash" the boards. We don't know very much about Pohto but he may help also.

I also like that Brown has included rebounding in his offseason emphasis.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TheFieldOf68/sta...OTJsR72Gg&s=19
                        Gross. HCIB or anyone related to Shocker basketball shouldn't give Rob Dumpster and Rubber Hammer the time of day. Disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Gross. HCIB or anyone related to Shocker basketball shouldn't give Rob Dumpster and Rubber Hammer the time of day. Disappointing.
                          As someone with minimal knowledge of either interviewer, why do you say that?

Comment

For starters...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000494181372

https://robdauster.substack.com/p/wichita-state-paying-gregg-marshall

Comment

Ah, Jeff ******* is connected to both? Say no more haha

Comment

If we're talking rebounding and defense, we're really talking about the change from years past to more recent. This has to be due to one of two reasons, or perhaps a mix of both: a) rebound coaching and b) personnel. If someone argues the personnel has been lax, then the coaching needs to pick up. I recognize the limits here; no coach can teach me to dunk. But a good staff should see the personnel deficiencies and compensate somehow.

Comment

Working...
                                X