Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2021-22 Media Love Thread

    11 states that could produce the best men's basketball all-star teams in 2021-22 - NCAA.COM
    https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...-teams-2021-22
    BY ANDY WITTRY
    SEPTEMBER 6, 2021

    "Every March, men's college basketball fans argue about conference superiority. Which conference sends the most teams to the Big Dance? Which conference has the most teams remaining after the Sweet 16 or Elite Eight? From which conference does the national champion hail?

    Those questions can make for spirited debate and passionate arguments.

    But what if we re-frame those questions, focusing on individual states, rather than conferences?

    I analyzed states with multiple Division I men's basketball teams and created hypothetical all-star rosters based on the current players available among schools that are located in each state. The goal was to assemble realistic, 10-player rosters — starting lineups with four point guards or four centers might run into some issues — as well as a bench unit for each state. I also required at least three different schools to be represented for each state's all-star roster....

    Texas
    Guard: Kendric Davis, SMU
    Guard: Marcus Sasser, Houston

    Tennessee
    Guard: Landers Nolley II, Memphis
    Forward: Emoni Bates, Memphis
    Center: Jalen Duren, Memphis
    Forward: Deandre Williams, Memphis

    Kansas
    Guard: Tyson Etienne, Wichita State
    Guard: Remy Martin, Kansas
    Guard: Ochai Agbaji, Kansas
    Forward: Jalen Wilson, Kansas
    Forward: David McCormack, Kansas
    Guard: Joseph Yesefu, Kansas

    Guard: Christian Braun, Kansas
    Guard: Dexter Dennis, Wichita State
    Guard: Mike McGuirl, Kansas State
    Forward: Morris Udeze, Wichita State..."

  • #2
    Dear Andy get off your knees and stop sucking Little Self's nub.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
      Dear Andy get off your knees and stop sucking Little Self's nub.
      Dude. You should get checked for hypertension.
      When you believe in something, the only person that's gotta believe it is you. Everything else is for the birds.- LeVelle Moton
      Wichita is going to the rich side of town with a pack of matches and a five gallon tank of gasoline and try to burn everything to the ground

      Comment


      • #4
        WSU preview from The Athletic.

        https://theathletic.com/2807572/2021...ady-to-repeat/

        Suffice to say, the vibe around this program is a lot less chaotic heading into the 2021-22 season, not least because Wichita State is bringing back three starters and four of its top five scorers. Brown insists the removal of the word “interim” from his title does not change how he’ll do his job, but the fact that the program is on such sure footing is a testament to his ability to teach the game and relate to his players. “A lot of the success we had was because of him,” 6-foot-5 senior guard Dexter Dennis says. “He brought the same energy every day. He kept saying, whether I become the head coach or not, we still have to get better.”

        With four other lettermen returning, plus six promising newcomers (two freshmen and four transfers), the Shockers should be older, quicker, deeper and more potent offensively this season. They’re not quite generating the same preseason buzz as their league brethren, Houston and Memphis, but this group has defied expectations before. They’re primed to get started.

        Comment


        • #5
          "There's every reason to believe Wichita State can spend some time in the Top 25 and play in the NCAA Tournament again."
          Who is this author, and what have they done to Seth Davis?
          Dominance is a state of mind.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
            "There's every reason to believe Wichita State can spend some time in the Top 25 and play in the NCAA Tournament again."
            Who is this author, and what have they done to Seth Davis?
            Sounds like something "cheerleader Taylor" would say .. Taylor .. it's not nice to hack Seth's account.

            \joke in case someone wants to get upset lol

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              I about had a heart attack! I misread the headline and thought it said, "the Process!"

              Comment


              • #8
                Anyone care to copy and paste more of the athletic article? I literally just cancelled my subscription.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  11 states that could produce the best men's basketball all-star teams in 2021-22 - NCAA.COM
                  https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...-teams-2021-22
                  BY ANDY WITTRY
                  SEPTEMBER 6, 2021

                  "Every March, men's college basketball fans argue about conference superiority. Which conference sends the most teams to the Big Dance? Which conference has the most teams remaining after the Sweet 16 or Elite Eight? From which conference does the national champion hail?

                  Those questions can make for spirited debate and passionate arguments.

                  But what if we re-frame those questions, focusing on individual states, rather than conferences?

                  I analyzed states with multiple Division I men's basketball teams and created hypothetical all-star rosters based on the current players available among schools that are located in each state. The goal was to assemble realistic, 10-player rosters — starting lineups with four point guards or four centers might run into some issues — as well as a bench unit for each state. I also required at least three different schools to be represented for each state's all-star roster....

                  Texas
                  Guard: Kendric Davis, SMU
                  Guard: Marcus Sasser, Houston

                  Tennessee
                  Guard: Landers Nolley II, Memphis
                  Forward: Emoni Bates, Memphis
                  Center: Jalen Duren, Memphis
                  Forward: Deandre Williams, Memphis

                  Kansas
                  Guard: Tyson Etienne, Wichita State
                  Guard: Remy Martin, Kansas
                  Guard: Ochai Agbaji, Kansas
                  Forward: Jalen Wilson, Kansas
                  Forward: David McCormack, Kansas
                  Guard: Joseph Yesefu, Kansas

                  Guard: Christian Braun, Kansas
                  Guard: Dexter Dennis, Wichita State
                  Guard: Mike McGuirl, Kansas State
                  Forward: Morris Udeze, Wichita State..."
                  I have to say....it NEVER gets old how you make the ku font tiny.....LOVE IT!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Highly complimentary article from a Missouri writer's perspective on a Missouri fan site..

                    https://www.rockmnation.com/2021/9/1...-tyson-etienne

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      TE makes an appearance in Andy Katz 25 best players returning for the 2021-2022 men's basketball season



                      25. Tyson Etienne, Wichita State Tyson Ettiene enters his third year at Wichita State fresh off of winning Co-AAC Player of the Year. Etienne averaged 16.3 points per game and led the Shockers to the regular-season conference crown in 2020-21.
                      https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...ketball-season

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                        Highly complimentary article from a Missouri writer's perspective on a Missouri fan site..

                        https://www.rockmnation.com/2021/9/1...-tyson-etienne
                        This was a great fair article. The only 2 things it left out was the Shocks horrible free throw shooting at the end of the season. CLANG!!!!!!!!!!!! The losses to Cincinnati and Drake last year were terrible. But the worst thing about the Drake game was Coach Brown 's QUOTE after the game about how Drake was more physical than the Shocks. WTF. Drake was more physical than the Shocks?. I hope I never hear that again. We used to hear opposing Coaches talk about how tough and physical WSU was. Now all we do is get beat up.

                        This is exactly why I say the Shocks have a soft reputation on the front line.. I hope Monzy Jackson hasn't forgotten how he was posterized by Joseph Yesutfu on that dunk. That was embarrassing. I really like Monzy Jackson. He is a young man with high character and plays hard. But if he is not in the gym muscling up, he is making a mistakes. And we certainly don't need any chickenhawk fans coming on our board telling the coaching staff to give K Phuto a break. These people don't care about the Shocks. They want us to lose.

                        There is a reason that Weber of the mildcats have decided to play the Shocks after a decade of dodging the Shocks. They see our team as weak. I just hope our players rise to the occasion and shut these people up. Go Shocks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

                          This was a great fair article. The only 2 things it left out was the Shocks horrible free throw shooting at the end of the season. CLANG!!!!!!!!!!!! The losses to Cincinnati and Drake last year were terrible. But the worst thing about the Drake game was Coach Brown 's QUOTE after the game about how Drake was more physical than the Shocks. WTF. Drake was more physical than the Shocks?. I hope I never hear that again. We used to hear opposing Coaches talk about how tough and physical WSU was. Now all we do is get beat up.

                          This is exactly why I say the Shocks have a soft reputation on the front line.. I hope Monzy Jackson hasn't forgotten how he was posterized by Joseph Yesutfu on that dunk. That was embarrassing. I really like Monzy Jackson. He is a young man with high character and plays hard. But if he is not in the gym muscling up, he is making a mistakes. And we certainly don't need any chickenhawk fans coming on our board telling the coaching staff to give K Phuto a break. These people don't care about the Shocks. They want us to lose.

                          There is a reason that Weber of the mildcats have decided to play the Shocks after a decade of dodging the Shocks. They see our team as weak. I just hope our players rise to the occasion and shut these people up. Go Shocks.
                          Our rebounding (250 ranking) showed that we were soft much of the year, and we were never a poor rebounding team, the 10 years prior.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            MWC "community" site supports bringing WSU (and Gonzaga) in as non-footbnall members, and Tulsa and SMU as full members.

                            https://www.mwcconnection.com/2021/9...fit-basketball
                            Last edited by WuTheOne; 4 weeks ago.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                              MWC "community" site supports bringing WSU (and Gonzaga) in as non-footbnall members, and Tulsa and SMU as full members.

                              https://www.mwcconnection.com/2021/9...fit-basketball
                              For basketball that would presumably look like this (assuming Boise State leaves for the Big XII) broken into two divisions:

                              Eastern Division:
                              Wichita State
                              Tulsa
                              SMU
                              Air Force
                              Colorado State
                              New Mexico
                              Wyoming

                              Western Division:
                              Gonzaga
                              UNLV
                              Nevada
                              Fresno State
                              San Jose State
                              San Diego State
                              Utah State

                              Assuming the schedule was a home-and-home against your division and a home/away split among the other division the Shocks would have 19 conference games. 12 games/11 games (alternating years) in the Central Time Zone, 4 games/5 games (alternating years) in the Mountain Time Zone and 3 games in the Pacific Time Zone.

                              I could live with that especially if the West Coast games start by 7:00 pm Pacific.

                              Now how likely this is I don't know, especially when our AD says were are married to the AAC. I would think any MWC programs that the AAC would try to entice would prefer this arrangement over joining the AAC.

                              If they could entice Gonzaga than this option would look pretty enticing to me.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; 4 weeks ago.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X