Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now THAT'S a prediction.

Comment

‘Qua is ready’: Division II transfer looks to impress in WSU basketball exhibition

The transition from playing NCAA Division II basketball to Division I for the Wichita State men’s basketball team was always going to take time for West Texas A&M transfer Qua Grant.

If you listen to reports from his coaches and teammates, the transition for the two-time Division II All-American has been a seamless one in the build-up to Monday’s exhibition opener against Missouri Southern State at 6 p.m. at Koch Arena.

Grant, a 6-foot-1, 195-pound guard, figures to play a key role for the Shockers in their American Athletic Conference championship defense this season.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        ‘Qua is ready’: Division II transfer looks to impress in WSU basketball exhibition

The transition from playing NCAA Division II basketball to Division I for the Wichita State men’s basketball team was always going to take time for West Texas A&M transfer Qua Grant.

If you listen to reports from his coaches and teammates, the transition for the two-time Division II All-American has been a seamless one in the build-up to Monday’s exhibition opener against Missouri Southern State at 6 p.m. at Koch Arena.

Grant, a 6-foot-1, 195-pound guard, figures to play a key role for the Shockers in their American Athletic Conference championship defense this season.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...ainstage_card4
        I like this quote

"Teammates almost unanimously agree that Grant has the best handles on the team and he almost makes it look effortless with his quickness in breaking down the defense."

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Now THAT'S a prediction.
          “Rack him!”
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I like this quote

"Teammates almost unanimously agree that Grant has the best handles on the team and he almost makes it look effortless with his quickness in breaking down the defense."
            Hope this doesn''t mean our defense has declined.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Hope this doesn''t mean our defense has declined.
              Many on this board would think we don't play defense anymore so you have that going on.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

Many on this board would think we don't play defense anymore so you have that going on.
                WSUD.JPG

Comment

If I'm reading this right, the D in 2021 (even with the abysmal rebounding) was better than the D from 2010 through 2017. Is there any confirmation of this other than an unsourced graph?.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                    If I'm reading this right, the D in 2021 (even with the abysmal rebounding) was better than the D from 2010 through 2017. Is there any confirmation of this other than an unsourced graph?.
                    Completely anecdotal, but my recollection of Landry's last year was that we couldn't stop anyone. If we didn't shoot the lights out we lost.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Completely anecdotal, but my recollection of Landry's last year was that we couldn't stop anyone. If we didn't shoot the lights out we lost.
                      Looks like we were using the Chiefs game plan.

Comment

Your interpretation of the graph is incorrect.

Comment

You're reading it completely wrong. Last year was only better than '08, '09 (Building years for 3G) and the abysmal (defensively) '18 squad
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            Graphs are nice visuals to show trends and tendencies but don't impart information as to why something is happening. In this case the first nine years or so we were in the mvc and the last five we were in the AAC so you can see we were a much better defensive team playing in the mvc but the better competition, covid, people leaving the program and a coaching change has affected our defensive numbers while in the AAC.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

How do you suppose that last years analytics were low, while having a decent record, including an AAC Championship? Getting completely blown out by Memphis was an obvious symptom of the illness. Not so obvious, were very close games to teams like Temple, and Tulane that we should have beaten by at least 12-15 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

How do you suppose that last years analytics were low, while having a decent record, including an AAC Championship? Getting completely blown out by Memphis was an obvious symptom of the illness. Not so obvious, were very close games to teams like Temple, and Tulane that we should have beaten by at least 12-15 points.
                                Not to mention losing to a Drake team who you could tell was far inferior talent-wise.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X