2021-22 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Summertime Edition”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    RC4 will be the 2nd best player on the team.
    I'm putting Dex and Mo ahead of RCIV. RC's ceiling is high, but Mo and Dex have shown what they've got and proved it over several years. If RC should end up being the second best player on the team, then he's on target to go league.

If Dex has improved his handles, can dribble with his left had, and can hit 40% from 3, he's got a chance at going league. There are 3 guys on this team with NBA potential. Potential is a long way from getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

I'm putting Dex and Mo ahead of RCIV. RC's ceiling is high, but Mo and Dex have shown what they've got and proved it over several years. If RC should end up being the second best player on the team, then he's on target to go league.

If Dex has improved his handles, can dribble with his left had, and can hit 40% from 3, he's got a chance at going league. There are 3 guys on this team with NBA potential. Potential is a long way from getting there.
      I hear what you are saying, but I've heard for 3 years that Dex this and Dex that and how much he's improved, etc, etc. Dex, is a very good player and has had moments. Defensively, he is matched by none, but Dex has been hyped beyond his production every year. I would love to be wrong.

Mo was great, he's gonna get all the time he wants because we have to play him.

RC4 is the real deal IMO. He just has a different swagger about him.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

I hear what you are saying, but I've heard for 3 years that Dex this and Dex that and how much he's improved, etc, etc. Dex, is a very good player and has had moments. Defensively, Dex is matched by none.
        RC4 is the real deal IMO. He just has a different swagger about him.
        I agree that RC4 has elite skills, and before he leaves WSU, could be better than Dexter. However, Dexter always guards the oppositions best offensive played. My question for RC4 is not how many points he makes, it’s.........how many points does he give up, especially if he replaces Dexter, and guards the other teams best offensive player (especially if that player is elite)?

Comment

Dex needs to do one thing to have a great year - start strong. He’s always been a slow starter, I hope it’s different this year. Now, if wants a shot at the league, he needs to show substantial improvement in his handles and strength in traffic. RCIV, on the other hand, has the handles, he just needs to play under control and ratchet up his defense. You can make the league as an average defender though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Dex needs to do one thing to have a great year - start strong. He’s always been a slow starter, I hope it’s different this year. Now, if wants a shot at the league, he needs to show substantial improvement in his handles and strength in traffic. RCIV, on the other hand, has the handles, he just needs to play under control and ratchet up his defense. You can make the league as an average defender though.
            In recent interviews Dex seems to be enjoying himself way more than in past years. I'm hoping that's going to translate to a good start this year.

Comment

I’m hoping the NIL opportunities have the unintended effect of slowing down the transfer epidemic.

Comment

Etienne Named AAC Preseason Player of the Year (Shocks Picked 4th)

https://goshockers.com/news/2021/10/...-the-year.aspx

Shocks picked to finish 4th by the AAC coaches just behind SMU. Houston and Memphis are 1 and 2.

Comment

Houston has been tabbed as the preseason favorite to win the 2021-22 American Athletic Conference men’s basketball title in voting done by the league’s head coaches, the conference announced Wednesday, Oct. 13.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

If it wasn't for Medcalf, you would never know we were in the AAC. Just more bulletin board material.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      If it wasn't for Medcalf, you would never know we were in the AAC. Just more bulletin board material.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...al-four-encore
                      ESPN covered us better in the Valley then they do now...
                      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Norlander has the Shocks at #47, just in front of Oklahoma and behind Syracuse.

47. Wichita State: Isaac Brown was done right by Wichita State and promoted to the full-time gig in advance of last season's NCAA Tournament. The Shockers won the AAC's regular season and made the First Four; I anticipate this program will be right around the tournament cutline again. Loving the return of the 1-2 punch of Tyson Etienne (co-POY in the American) and Dexter Dennis. Getting them back -- not to mention the return of heavy-duty big Morris Udeze -- will keep Wichita State in the upper echelon of the American and steady a school that was sheathed in uncertainty a year ago at this time due to the severing from Gregg Marshall

Comment

Pretty good review of college basketball conferences.

The Mean Green of North Texas stunned Purdue in March, and Conference USA has multiple teams with the talent to pull off a similar shocker in 2022. Two teams seem to have elevated themselves at the very top of the league, but there’s no shortage of challengers lurking behind them…

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
                            Pretty good review of college basketball conferences.

https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/...021-22-preview
                            Probably one of the best previews I've read yet. Funny how no one has mentioned Pohto. After watching him stroke threes at SM, this guy is going to be playing minutes.

We have the guys to turn a lot of heads this year.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Probably one of the best previews I've read yet. Funny how no one has mentioned Pohto. After watching him stroke threes at SM, this guy is going to be playing minutes.

We have the guys to turn a lot of heads this year.
                              I agree. I sure wish that juco center would have stayed. We could use a true big man to back up Udeze.

Comment

I have a feeling that juco center was going to be the #3 option at center. There were some comments about his being on the raw side.

Comment

Working...
                                X