MVC Teams - 2012 Bracket Busters Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Teams - 2012 Bracket Busters Results

Figures in parentheses are RPI's of the MVC team going in/coming out of BB games:

ROAD GAMES (1-4):

Northern Iowa 68 at VCU 77 (63/62) - Not sure about that "going in" RPI

Wichita State 91 at Davidson 74 (16/15)

Indiana State 54 at Butler 75 (120/130)

Southern Illinois 62 at Ball State 71 (234/240)

Drake 55 at Mexico State 71 (126/131)

HOME GAMES (3-2):

Missouri State 67
    vs Old Dominion 73 (87/92)

Illinois State 79 vs Oakland 75 (123/122)

Evansville 68 vs Western Illinois 45 (148/147)

Bradley 44 vs Loyola-Chicago 56 (230/255)

Creighton 81 vs Long Beach St 79 (28/27)

OVERALL (4-6) - MVC CONFERENCE RANK (8 - 0.5357/8 - 0.5343)

In an interesting scheduling quirk (I am assuming it is a quirk) the road games will all have been completed (assuming no OT games) before any of the Valley home teams start their games.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 19, 2012, 12:52 AM.

UNI played VCU on Friday night losing 68-77.

The losses to Evansville and VCU should pretty much eliminate any possibility that UNI will finish in the Top 50 RPI.

The loss to Evansville was the real killer. With Bradley (#230) and at SIU (#234) remaining on their schedule they will not be moving up.

I think UNI was #65 going into Bracket Busters.

Comment

Halftime scores:

Southern Illinois 22 @ Ball State 34

Indiana State 27 @ Butler 37

:cower:

Comment

These commentators on ESPNU are clueless, Wichita State has clinched the regular league title and IS THE team to beat in the Valley. Creigton is 2 games down with two remaining. Jeesh!

Go Shocks!
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

A small technicality but we have clinched a tie for the league title. I realize this is a small distinction but I am hoping the Shocks do not look at it that way. I simply have no desire whatsoever to share a title with Creighton.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 18, 2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

The rest of the road teams are killing us- ISU blue getting blown out by Butler, SIU down 11 to Ball St. with 8:00 remaining, and Drake down 11 early to NMSU.

Comment

I'm pulling hard for Creighton tonight. The MVC needs to be a two-bid league this year.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                These commentators on ESPNU are clueless, Wichita State has clinched the regular league title and IS THE team to beat in the Valley. Creigton is 2 games down with two remaining. Jeesh!

Go Shocks!
                The commentators on ESPN2 also said that all the bracket buster home teams had won so far.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                  The commentators on ESPN2 also said that all the bracket buster home teams had won so far.
                  They probably mean that if WSU comes into your house, it is the Shocks house while WSU is playing. :glee:
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

At least SIU showed a little fight in the 2nd half at Ball State. They just dug too deep of a hole in the 1st half.

Indiana State OTOH simply laid a big egg at Butler. Jake Odum was scoreless. If R.J. Mahurin had not stepped up for a 22 point game it could have been even uglier.

Comment

New Mexico State should handle Drake. The home games the conference has I like, save for LBSU and Creighton, which I don't have a good feel for either way.

Comment

I may be coming around to moving to this CUSA/MVC mashup. Our teams are getting worked.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Highlights: Wichita State 91, Davidson 74

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/49049/video-wichita-state-beats-davidson

H
                          ere's a new one: Wichista State
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

The road games are done for the Valley, thank goodness. With the exception of the Shocks the Valley road teams pretty much stunk it up. UNI did not do too badly as they had a tough draw at VCU who has won 11 of their last 12 with the only loss 61-62 at George Mason. At least UNI was competitive.

Indiana State, SIU and Drake simply did not show up. 3 forfeits would have been better. At least Drake has the excuse of the injury to Ben Simons and New Mexico State is a good opponent.

The Shocks RPI improved to #13 immediately folloiwng their win over Davidson. We are now #14 after factoring in the 3 road Valley road losses that followed.

Hopefully, the Valley home teams can salvage the day, especially Creighton.

Comment

Is it coincidental the league plays all their home games last or was it planned that way? Weird.

Comment

Working...
                              X