No announcement yet.

2021 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they ever want to win this they need 2 things- thugs down low and they need to find more cohesiveness. I doubt it will happen with Marshall players, but maybe in a few years as more IB players come available they can get together and play well in this type of tournament.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Going forward it's tough to get too excited when players show up and then opt out. Florida meant business and didn't gather for a mini reunion.

Comment

• The AfterShocks needed better players on the inside. For this year, those players needed to come from outside of the Shocker alumni.

Comment

• The defender McClean didn’t even have his hands up on that last shot. That’s how an opposing team shoots over 60% from the field.

Pretty disappointing showing by the Aftershocks.
          Looked pretty bad. Wonder if there was any preparation for this game.

Comment

• Pretty obvious from the get-go that our guys weren't ready, and they ran into a buzz saw today.
            "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
              The AfterShocks needed better players on the inside. For this year, those players needed to come from outside of the Shocker alumni.
              Echenique would have been a huge help if he didn't get hurt

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Echenique would have been a huge help if he didn't get hurt
                Unless Ech has gotten a whole lot tougher than he was here I doubt he could hang with the Florida guys.
                "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• The D obviously didn't travel to Dayton.

Comment

• Toure, Tekele, Brown, Willis, Jaime would’ve all helped, but maybe not enough. That TNT squad is Damn good, and they were on fire. They won’t lose if they play their next two games like that.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      If they ever want to win this they need 2 things- thugs down low and they need to find more cohesiveness. I doubt it will happen with Marshall players, but maybe in a few years as more IB players come available they can get together and play well in this type of tournament.
                      What the hell are you talking about?

Comment

• AfterShocks run ends in TBT quarterfinal

https://goshockers.com/news/2021/7/3...rterfinal.aspx

Florida TNT defeated the AfterShocks 92-63 in the quarterfinals of The Basketball Tournament on Saturday in Dayton.

Florida TNT made 14 of 28 three-pointers. Florida TNT shot 61.4 percent from the field and outscored the AfterShocks 38-14 in the paint.

Whether hot shooting, bad defense or some of each, hard to overcome that kind of performance by TNT. Aptly named. The sure went off against the AfterShocks.

Not really very surprised although I was hoping for a more competitive showing. I thought the AfterShocks were more lucky than good to get as far as they did. They looked pretty average, at best, in their games. Whether the Shocks have the pool of basketball alums to substantially upgrade the level of play is hard to say. Injuries have certainly been a negative factor in the AfterShocks first two TBT attempts.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 2, 2021, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

What the hell are you talking about?
                          When these guys played together under Marshall, they played a very strict brand of basketball which I’m sure makes it difficult to play well together years later with little practice. The last time they played together they had chemistry under extreme pressure. That pressure is gone now.

I’m also sure IB will play a more pro style brand of ball with less pressure, and that will make it easier for them to just pick up a ball and hit go, have chemistry, and put something quality on the court.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

When these guys played together under Marshall, they played a very strict brand of basketball which I’m sure makes it difficult to play well together years later with little practice. The last time they played together they had chemistry under extreme pressure. That pressure is gone now.

I’m also sure IB will play a more pro style brand of ball with less pressure, and that will make it easier for them to just pick up a ball and hit go, have chemistry, and put something quality on the court.
                            I'm also trying to think in my head of dominant big men from the Marshall era that are likely still playing and in playing shape. There aren't a ton. Marshall was a god with guards but the few really good big men that jump out (Carl Hall, Shaq, Jaime) either aren't playing anymore or were injured this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm also trying to think in my head of dominant big men from the Marshall era that are likely still playing and in playing shape. There aren't a ton. Marshall was a god with guards but the few really good big men that jump out (Carl Hall, Shaq, Jaime) either aren't playing anymore or were injured this year.
                              I’m not sure what this means but Carl Hall is coaching, Jamie has an injury in the offseason, and Shaq isn’t playing anymore (he has the talent to still be playing). D Willis was going to play but is injured too. Durley, Stutz, and Carter have moved on, and the Bigs seem to have a shorter playing life overseas. Gabe Blair and Shadrack were two more. All were quality college Bigs.
                              Last edited by Shockm; July 31, 2021, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                                Pretty obvious from the get-go that our guys weren't ready, and they ran into a buzz saw today.
                                That game was over when it was 13-2.
                                AfterShocks came out flat and did not have anything inside to compete with the Fla team.
                                They knew to over play Frankamp and also knew one else on their team could hurt them.
                                ZB would have helped, but not a big difference.
                                It was all men against some men - or at least not enough men on the Aftershocks.
                                Good run, but they need to recruit ex players who can play in the paint against Fla-like kind of dudes.
                                Hope they stopped over at Milanos after the game. It's close to the arena and some seriously good pizza and calzones! At least they leave Dayton with a full stomach and good memories!

That is all.
                                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                                X