2021 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I’m not sure what this means but Carl Hall is coaching, Jamie has an injury in the offseason, and Shaq isn’t playing anymore (he has the talent to still be playing). D Willis was going to play but is injured too. Durley, Stutz, and Carter have moved on, and the Bigs seem to have a shorter playing life overseas. Gabe Blair and Shadrack were two more. All were quality college Bigs.
    That's what I was saying... The marshall era big men aren't really in a place to join TBT for those reason. Nothing to do with Marshall ... Just that's what was stated by the person I was quoting. I actually forgot about Carter too.

Comment

• Game Stats - https://thetournament.com/scores/?WH...8%2Fsummary%3F

Replay of the game (just scoring moments) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Pwsx6Kf4M

FYI - TBT web site only lists information about the remaining teams. Any links to the AfterShocks or any other team not playing still are broken. Not sure if that will stay the same or will change once the tournament is over.
      Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; August 1, 2021, 12:59 PM. Reason: Updated link to game replay
      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Who won the 3 point contest? Is there a link? Thanks.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          Who won the 3 point contest? Is there a link? Thanks.
          Frankamp lost to Omar Strong in the semifinals. Strong won the contest.

Sibert falls just short of 33-point contest final, TBT Championship Game set – Flyer News: Univ. of Dayton's Student Newspaper

Comment

• I shed a tear or two while reading this; happy and proud tears…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              I shed a tear or two while reading this; happy and proud tears…

Tremendous.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• This is what makes Shocker Basketball special! Great seeing the older guys mixing with the young guys. I wish Taylor could give us information on what former players are doing.

Comment

• If nothing else came out of the weekend, we can only hope Henry Carr fixed the current team's free throw shooting while he was there!
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Comment

I love Coach Brown sending out the clip to the game winning shot.

Comment

• Nice to see Mo Evans even getting in the mix. Calling HCIB out of the blue to offer his help in sending him names of some Houston area kids to recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          If nothing else came out of the weekend, we can only hope Henry Carr fixed the current team's free throw shooting while he was there!
                          LMAO. Most unorthodox FT shooting I've ever seen. If there was a category for Opponent Lane Violations Created, Carr would have a record that would never be broken. He was fortunate that there isn't a balk violation in basketball.

Comment

• Is Orukpe available for next year's TBT?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

LMAO. Most unorthodox FT shooting I've ever seen. If there was a category for Opponent Lane Violations Created, Carr would have a record that would never be broken. He was fortunate that there isn't a balk violation in basketball.
                              I'm really surprised he didn't get the 10 sec to shoot violation called frequently.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                                Is Orukpe available for next year's TBT?
                                Love me some Ehimen. Great guy.

BUT...he hasn't been playing, so that's probably not a good fit. I think he lives and works around the Wichita area.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X