***OFFICIAL*** Game Thread - Misery State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
    MSU beat Creighton once and came close a second time. I thought they gave us competitive games both times we played. My guess is that they finish third in the Valley; MVCfans gives them a 70% chance of doing this. My questions are:
    1. Should MSU get a NIT bid (assuming they don't win the MVC tourney)? http://www.mvcfans.com/wp/2012/02/15...probabilities/ gives probabilities of W/Ls in MVC play.
    2. Would MSU have a reasonable/good shot at repeating WSU NIT championship?

I think having another Valley team win the NIT would be great. It would be good pub for the conference. To go WAY out on a limb and in a purely hypothetical discussion which has no bad associated karma , having MSU play for the NIT title and, a few days later, have WSU play for the NCAA title would be great. (I'll add the smiley for you now so you don't need to do so: :hopelessness: )
    NIT-ology currently projects UNI as a 2-seed and MSU as an 8-seed, which is considered squarely on the NIT bubble.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
      I think Marshall has made strides this year as a "coach." I liked how he switched defenses and presses, especially in the second half. I don't think we would have seen it from him last year. He is coming to grips with his bullheaded ways. He has always been a solid recruiter...now he is becoming a better in-game coach. I like where this is heading. GO SHOX!!!
      I particularly like the two on one trapping against a side line. Very effective.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Press more. Play faster. Lengthen the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          SWOMO has a 0% chance of winning the NIT, they simply aren't good enough. Their fans are talking like they might not even get a bid.

I don't think they'll be good enough to win, but they could win a game or 3 perhaps, but Weems has to play like he cares. To me it looks like 4 guys trying and one guy wishing he'd transferred or went pro.

But Missouri State apparently doesn't have enough funding to put a name on a guy's back, because they want to use the uniforms next year. WTF???!!!

So I would say don't expect any home games for the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            NIT-ology currently projects UNI as a 2-seed and MSU as an 8-seed, which is considered squarely on the NIT bubble.
            What is funny about seeing that is that Lunardi still had MoST on his S-curve this week. They are on the wrong side of the bubble but at least he still has them in the discussion for a ncaa bid. UNI did NOT make Lunardi's S curve.

So I guess the Bears are on both the NCAA bubble and the NIT bubble right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Sounds too high for UNI and too low for MSU IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Sounds too high for UNI and too low for MSU IMHO.
                I am guessing that was before they lost by 1 at UE. UNI had a rpi near 50 before that loss, which puts them at near the top of the NIT.

Comment

• Cotton - In answer to Shoxlax query.

I like Cotton. During the game, the Bars were just daring him to take an outside jump shot. The Bars were giving him 10-15 feet of cushion. After several dares and with great hesitation, Tekele put the ball up. It was a toe on the line 3 ball. When he is wide open, he has got to put the ball up.

I like Joe. I thought it was interesting that Joe was not in the game, during the last 2.0-2.5 minutes. During this period, the Shocks were taking the air out of the ball and running clock. I suppose Coach Marshall was not in any mood for another 5 second call, even though the Shocks were ahead by 17. Or turnover. Or early shot in the clock.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• I don't blame Cotton for being hesitant to shoot. He's a Fr. and he's usually on the court with some Sr's. who are some pretty fair shooters. It could be a sign of good basketball IQ for a Fr to pass up his own shot in order to get the ball to a proven Sr.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      I don't blame Cotton for being hesitant to shoot. He's a Fr. and he's usually on the court with some Sr's. who are some pretty fair shooters. It could be a sign of good basketball IQ for a Fr to pass up his own shot in order to get the ball to a proven Sr.
                      Pretty hard to do, when you are playing 4 on 5.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                      X