X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never been that impressed by the Scotch

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
      Back in those days WSU basketball games was like a social gathering and a Who's Who to be seen at the game. Most of them were there to be seen and after that it was off to the "Scotch" well before the end of the game.
      True.

Comment

• So, for the Drake game do they change the intro video to show 7 Valley Championships???
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Now here's a fan who pays attention!

That was great... I loved it!
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Had she been from SWMO, the pit would have been unshaven.

Comment

• MSU beat Creighton once and came close a second time. I thought they gave us competitive games both times we played. My guess is that they finish third in the Valley; MVCfans gives them a 70% chance of doing this. My questions are:
              1. Should MSU get a NIT bid (assuming they don't win the MVC tourney)? http://www.mvcfans.com/wp/2012/02/15...probabilities/ gives probabilities of W/Ls in MVC play.
              2. Would MSU have a reasonable/good shot at repeating WSU NIT championship?

I think having another Valley team win the NIT would be great. It would be good pub for the conference. To go WAY out on a limb and in a purely hypothetical discussion which has no bad associated karma , having MSU play for the NIT title and, a few days later, have WSU play for the NCAA title would be great. (I'll add the smiley for you now so you don't need to do so: :hopelessness: )
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                Maybe someone has mentioned this, but from my angle high in the rafters, it sure looked like HCGM was striking a "Tebow" when he disagreed with a call on the North basket against Stutz, I think?

Am I the only one that saw it that way? It lasted quite a while . . . could be the start of someting big . . .
                I think he was praying that he would not get a Technical in the next 10 seconds.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                  MSU beat Creighton once and came close a second time. I thought they gave us competitive games both times we played. My guess is that they finish third in the Valley; MVCfans gives them a 70% chance of doing this. My questions are:
                  1. Should MSU get a NIT bid (assuming they don't win the MVC tourney)? http://www.mvcfans.com/wp/2012/02/15...probabilities/ gives probabilities of W/Ls in MVC play.

I think having another Valley team win the NIT would be great. It would be good pub for the conference. To go WAY out on a limb and in a purely hypothetical discussion which has no bad associated karma , having MSU play for the NIT title and, a few days later, have WSU play for the NCAA title would be great. (I'll add the smiley for you now so you don't need to do so: :hopelessness: )
                  SWOMO has a 0% chance of winning the NIT, they simply aren't good enough. Their fans are talking like they might not even get a bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    So, for the Drake game do they change the intro video to show 7 Valley Championships???
                    Although strides have been made, I think you're asking a little too much for this production crew, even though it'd be really awesome if they did.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                      MSU beat Creighton once and came close a second time. I thought they gave us competitive games both times we played. My guess is that they finish third in the Valley; MVCfans gives them a 70% chance of doing this. My questions are:

I think the NIT will consider several MVC teams. It's called the coattail effect. However, I cannot see any of them winning 5 games in a row.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
                        She was in her normal seat next to his dad. She didn't have much to say or cheer about. Weems didn't play his normal lights out game against us. We can thank Ben for that. But Weems also wasn't in for quite a while at the end. The Students started screaming his name late in the game but he was on the bench for good by then.
                        I commented several times that Weems was on the bench, once before the first media timeout, but sat only 40 seconds of game clock. He left game for good at 2:41. I was very surprised to see he logged 33 minutes in the box score.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          Back in those days WSU basketball games was like a social gathering and a Who's Who to be seen at the game. Most of them were there to be seen and after that it was off to the "Candle Club" well before the end of the game.
                          Fixed
                          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Although strides have been made, I think you're asking a little too much for this production crew, even though it'd be really awesome if they did.
                            It would not be difficult at all to change the video and they should be able to get it done between now and the Drake game a week from this Saturday. If WSU's staff is reading this I would volunteer one of my guys do it if they can't. BTW anyone have the link to the pre game video?

Comment

• wrong thread - sorry
                              Last edited by Snapshot9; February 16, 2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Morning after thoughts from Springfield:

"How good is Wichita State? I’ve been covering Missouri Valley Conference basketball for 21 seasons and the Shockers are among the best – potentially the best – that I’ve seen.

There have been several NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 teams, the last Northern Iowa two years ago (beat Kansas in the second round), the 2007 Southern Illinois team that went through league play 17-1, the 2006 Bradley and Wichita State teams and the 1999 MSU Bears.

Those teams all were good. But WSU has more pieces – including a legitimate 7-foot pro prospect in Garrett Stutz. The Shockers can play any style (up-tempo or grind-it-out), they shoot the 3-pointer with great efficiency and they defend.

WSU is at its peak right now, shooting 58 percent in three straight victories over Northern Iowa, Creighton and MSU. The only concern might be if the Shockers are peaking too early. And the NCAA Tournament often is about match-ups. It’ll be interesting to see how deep a run WSU can make."

Springfield, Missouri News - News-Leader.com is the home page for the Springfield, Mo., News-Leader with in-depth local news, sports and entertainment
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X