No announcement yet.

***OFFICIAL*** Game Thread - Misery State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I imagine that now Weems is even more disappointed that WSU never recruited him very hard. It cost hom an NCA appearnce. Who knows, maybe WSU and CU will pull a "KU in the conferecne tournament" and maybe MSU can win the auto.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Perhaps if Turg had taken him, he would not be such a punk. A coach can be a great influence.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        We have at least a share of a conference title, a Top 25 team, and obliterating the competition and you see people emptying towards the exits with 4 minutes left. Really? Is that really how big the bandwagon population is here? I think our players and coaches deserve better than that. Yeah, Chicago State in November qualifies you to leave early. Not in the second last game of the season that you'll be able to watch these boys play at home.
        I'd like to hear the excuses of the poepl that take off early when we play the Drake game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          I'd like to hear the excuses of the poepl that take off early when we play the Drake game.
          "There is an early-bird special on imitation crab cakes at Golden Corral"?
          If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Now here's a fan who pays attention!

Comment

• Maybe someone has mentioned this, but from my angle high in the rafters, it sure looked like HCGM was striking a "Tebow" when he disagreed with a call on the North basket against Stutz, I think?

Am I the only one that saw it that way? It lasted quite a while . . . could be the start of someting big . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                Kennedy has commented that this was the case in the MTXE period as well.
                It could also be taken as a compliment.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Yeah, I don't know about everyone else, but I'll be there after the game until someone kicks me out.

Comment

• From my perspective up behind the band, 3G wasn't Tebowing. He was just kneeling and leaning over out of frustration.

From what I heard, the BatWu video kept crashing the computer, and they would have had to turn off the board and reset it (like a 10 minute process), so they didn't play it at all. Maybe now that they've seen how the crowd energy kept up that entire time, they'll take a hint and not play it next Saturday for the Drake game.

I loved how, after Garrett's either first or second 3, he did a pump fake from behind the arc before kicking it out to someone else. I thought I heard half the arena laugh when he pulled up that fake. I am not nearly as nervous about Garrett shooting the 3 this season compared to last year.

Joe's circus shot lay-up was great. I didn't even know what happened at first.

Nice to see Ben lock down Weems and restrict him to 4-14 and only 10 points.
                    Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                      Maybe someone has mentioned this, but from my angle high in the rafters, it sure looked like HCGM was striking a "Tebow" when he disagreed with a call on the North basket against Stutz, I think?

Am I the only one that saw it that way? It lasted quite a while . . . could be the start of someting big . . .
                      I definitely noticed that too. I think he was asking God to forgive the ref's deadly sin.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Now here's a fan who pays attention!

I believe that was the young lady who was in the craziest or wildest Shocker fan contest during one of the tiemouts. I actually voted for her over the guy in the body sock. although both of them were far superior to the 3rd guy who was just wearing a Shocker Hockey Jersey. Student section brought the goods last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                          Maybe someone has mentioned this, but from my angle high in the rafters, it sure looked like HCGM was striking a "Tebow" when he disagreed with a call on the North basket against Stutz, I think?

Not exactly a Tebow pose, but close. I believe it was on the foul called on EO. Watched the replay of the game and it looked even less like a foul on TV than it did live. EO also had an outstanding block from his goaltender position shorlty after he entered the game and MSU broke our press.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                            I definitely noticed that too. I think he was asking God to forgive the ref's deadly sin.
                            Bruce Haertl can forgive referee mistakes?

Comment

• I wasn't at the game, but the pose in question sounds like the same one Marshall was in when he got thrown out of the MVC tournament game in 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                                Kennedy has commented that this was the case in the MTXE period as well.
                                Back in those days WSU basketball games was like a social gathering and a Who's Who to be seen at the game. Most of them were there to be seen and after that it was off to the "Scotch" well before the end of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X