• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone needs to move over and make room

The bandwagon is about to fill up.

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
    The bandwagon is about to fill up.
    Yah, was thinking about that. Just like '06 we gotta squeeze together, prepare for the posts from the 'wagoners, and and don our flak jackets for the responses from the long-timers.

--'85.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Just enjoy the ride, everyone.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

When the cats and birds jump on, don't hate. Just take it as a compliment and enjoy the ride.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

They are going to be unbearable next year when the Shox are down. Until they fall off the wagon and give up posting.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Which means more national exposure, which means better recruiting, which means better teams, which means more tournament apprearences, which means more chances at national championships, which means more $$$$ to WSU!

Come aboard!

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              They are going to be unbearable next year when the Shox are down. Until they fall off the wagon and give up posting.
              Dont think we will be down as much as you think
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I don't either. With Early, Hawkins, Green, VanVleet, and Armstead and Baker coming onboard, I think we will be okay, and even good. Depends on how fast these guys figure out Div-1 ball. I have only 2 concerns right now. First, I have made it known before that I consider a PG that can't shoot only half a guard. Ragland can shoot, as could Hannah, and they carried the game several times during thier seasons. I don't know how Armstead shoots the ball, especially the 3 ball, and Cotton doesn't shoot much on Offense, and it makes me wonder just how good a scorer he will be when he has to step up his game. VanVleet, I think, is a good scorer, and he could end up beating Cotton out for minutes next year because of it.

My other concern is with the 5 position: I know it will be Orukpe and Hall trading off, and I just wonder if we will get enough Offense out of those 2. Hall will be okay, but at 6'8" he may experience trouble with some teams at times, especially in Post season games. I think Orukpe will improve Offensively during the offseason, but the question is, will it be enough?

Comment

Ummmmmmm,

On this dropoff thing.

Returning Players: Williams (PG), Armstead (PG), Baker (SG), Mitchell (SG), Wessell (SF), White (CF), Vautravers (CF), Anacreon (PF), Hall (PF), Orukpe (C).

That is experience in every position, with multiple years in the system for Williams. He and Armstead may see time together, but I expect them to alternate and relieve each other. Combine the experience of these players, with the talent of those coming in, and we are looking solid for next year.

Comment

I agree that the Shocks will not drop that much but I would say we will be "Top Three" and not "The Top Dog" like this year. I would also count Hall as a "5" (center) rather than a "4" (PF) next year. I hope Henry Uwadiae redshirts next year and we depend on Hall and Orukpe in the middle. (Imagine if Marshall had redshirted Stutz in his freshman year.) Finally, I'm not optimistic about Anacreon being back next year; Marshall wants players to be part of a team (his team) and I'm not sure Anacreon is "getting it."
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      Ummmmmmm,

On this dropoff thing.

Returning Players: Williams (PG), Armstead (PG), Baker (SG), Mitchell (SG), Wessell (SF), White (CF), Vautravers (CF), Anacreon (PF), Hall (PF), Orukpe (C).

That is experience in every position, with multiple years in the system for Williams. He and Armstead may see time together, but I expect them to alternate and relieve each other. Combine the experience of these players, with the talent of those coming in, and we are looking solid for next year.
                      ....and Tekele whom everyone seems to forget.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        ....and Tekele whom everyone seems to forget.
                        I keep hoping the Valley will. So I try to keep up.

People thought the Valley hated seeing Murry for 4 years....

Comment

It's not so much who we have back and coming in as it is the firepower, experience and leadership we are losing with Garrett, Toure, Joe, Ben and David.

It's one thing losing JT, Gabe, Graham and Aaron when we had such a strong core coming back. Now with that core group of guys moving on it is hard for me not to expect some drop off. How much remains to be seen, but I am expecting some drop-off next year.

Comment

DWill, Armstead, Early, Hall and White start. EO, Baker, Cotton, FVV, Hawkins and Wessell are the main subs. Mitchell, Anacreon, and Vautrevers are there if we need them. Derail and Henry redshirt.

The wild card is someone like Wiggins and how he fits in.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              It's not so much who we have back and coming in as it is the firepower, experience and leadership we are losing with Garrett, Toure, Joe, Ben and David.

It's one thing losing JT, Gabe, Graham and Aaron when we had such a strong core coming back. Now with that core group of guys moving on it is hard for me not to expect some drop off. How much remains to be seen, but I am expecting some drop-off next year.
                              Agree, top four in the league would be realistic. Fifth would not even be outlandish.

I do think the team will get better as the year goes on.

Comment

Working...
                              X