No announcement yet.

2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox have a second-year Fr (Monzy) who was going to challenge Wade for PT. Shox recruited a PF that was going to compete with Wade for PT. I'm guessing that IB was straight up with Wade and told him that IB was recruiting PF's and Monzy was going to challenge him for minutes. IMHO, that's what put Trey in the portal.

Arkansas ended up with Wade, and he will be a valuable role player for them. Articles out of Fayetteville have flat out said that the Razorbacks have signed a valuable role player.

Any comparisons between Trey ending up at UA and Ricks ending up at WSU are like apples/watermelons comparisons. There's just no way to compare the two.

Ricks doesn't project as a 5th-year role player. Wade is a great 1-year addition for a team that needs some front-court depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by gohogs14 View Post

Arkansas had 2 scholarships left (now just one) but is focusing on the transfer portal instead of high school recruiting. Probably wanted a senior so that way it opens up a spot for the 2022 class which looks very good in Arkansas.
      I agree that is probably where he pivoted after Ricks chose WSU over Arkansas. Good backup plan for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
        Shox have a second-year Fr (Monzy) who was going to challenge Wade for PT. Shox recruited a PF that was going to compete with Wade for PT. I'm guessing that IB was straight up with Wade and told him that IB was recruiting PF's and Monzy was going to challenge him for minutes. IMHO, that's what put Trey in the portal.

Arkansas ended up with Wade, and he will be a valuable role player for them. Articles out of Fayetteville have flat out said that the Razorbacks have signed a valuable role player.

Any comparisons between Trey ending up at UA and Ricks ending up at WSU are like apples/watermelons comparisons. There's just no way to compare the two.

Ricks doesn't project as a 5th-year role player. Wade is a great 1-year addition for a team that needs some front-court depth.
        At very minimum Wade is going to bring a level of work ethic and mentality that any team could use.

Comment

• Some of the comments from UA fans on this thread about Ricks are indicative of the new environment created by the transfer portal.

Several are saying, "well, if he develops and is successful at WSU, maybe he'll transfer to UA". I really hope that's not how things are going to be with college basketball recruiting moving forward, but I fear it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Some of the comments from UA fans on this thread about Ricks are indicative of the new environment created by the transfer portal.

Several are saying, "well, if he develops and is successful at WSU, maybe he'll transfer to UA". I really hope that's not how things are going to be with college basketball recruiting moving forward, but I fear it is.
            If he develops and is successful, why would he move to a lower-level school?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Some of the comments from UA fans on this thread about Ricks are indicative of the new environment created by the transfer portal.

Developed high level contributors are not going to jump from WSU to Arkansas. Way too lateral of a move without external stimulus (Wade lost his coach he signed up for)

I'm still laughing at this quote

"College basketball is so unhealthy right now. I miss strong mid-majors like Wichita State who could be good and challenge for a couple years if they had the right talent. Now Arkansas looks at WSU as a farm team."

The delusion of Arkansas fans is strong. They probably think they are still relevant in football too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Developed high level contributors are not going to jump from WSU to Arkansas. Way too lateral of a move without external stimulus (Wade lost his coach he signed up for)

I'm still laughing at this quote

"College basketball is so unhealthy right now. I miss strong mid-majors like Wichita State who could be good and challenge for a couple years if they had the right talent. Now Arkansas looks at WSU as a farm team."

The delusion of Arkansas fans is strong. They probably think they are still relevant in football too.
                Too much moonshine flowin on that board. Put the swill down Hog fan. I love how prior to his commitment it was like He is great we really want him he has so much potential. Then he commits to WSU and its Well he wasn't that good anyway we're looking for grad transfers.

Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; June 11, 2021, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Last I checked until last year, Arkansas hadn't made a sweet 16 in 25 years.....

I mean, if you are going to play the conference coat tail game, at least try and do it as well as K State.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                  X