2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

This is complete bs. Mo was catching it with his back to the basket all season, backing defenders down, and either pivoting and scoring or hooking it over the top for score or whipping around putting it on the floor and scoring. Back to the basket is the primary way he played and received the ball all year. Go back and watch. Sure he got some assists while being in position facing the bucket but many more on post up moves. Mo was solid this year.
    Yep.

Mo is all we had down on the block to keep the other team's D occupied (no cheating) in the paint. How could anyone not notice that? Seriously. I was glad to see Dakich admire what Mo brought to the team.

Comment

• The starting Center at Houston, Goreham at 6'8" averaged 8.5 rebounds per game. Our guy averaged 4.7. The new Center we recruited, will obviously double (sarcasm intended) Mo's rebounding average to equal Goreham's, and raise Mo's blocks per game to much more than 0.3 blocks per game (if you take out the 2 games in which Mo blocked 8)

I like Mo, and Mo deserves to play good minutes (imo 20 minutes or so, but coaches will know best), but he has some deficiencies that won't be cured. But we can all put our heads in the sand, and ignore the facts. I think our coaches haven't put their heads in the sand, and have seen those deficiencies, thus their push to recruit players who have better rebounding and rim protecting skills.

I do agree though that Mo works his ass off. That isn't one of his deficiencies.
      Last edited by Shockm; April 24, 2021, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        But we can all put our heads in the sand, and ignore the facts. I think our coaches haven't put their heads in the sand, and have seen those deficiencies, thus their push to recruit players who have better rebounding and rim protecting skills.
        Mo needs reinforcement, not replacement.

His rebounding and shot blocking stats will improve next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Mo needs reinforcement, not replacement.

His rebounding and shot blocking stats will improve next year.
          20 minutes is 1/2 of the minutes at that position. How is that replacing him? If we have 3 Centers (a 3 headed Monster is what IB referred to), you make no sense.

Also, Mo didn’t improve his rebounding significantly during the year, this year, (while he averaged 25-30 minutes per game the last half of the year, he only brought his reb. average up maybe 1 rebound ), and his rim protecting was almost nonexistent, so what evidence tells you he will improve next year. Our coaches realize that Mo is a poor rebounding Center (perhaps 5 rebounds per game at best), and a poor rim protector, so they are looking for a 3 headed Monster to find a solution. Sorry, pie, but you’ve buried your head in the sand and given up looking for a solution to it.
          Last edited by Shockm; April 24, 2021, 03:23 PM.

Comment

20 minutes is 1/2 of the minutes at that position. How is that replacing him? If we have 3 Centers (a 3 headed Monster is what IB referred to), you make no sense.

Also, Mo didn’t improve his rebounding significantly during the year, this year, (while he averaged 25-30 minutes per game the last half of the year, he only brought his reb. average up maybe 1 rebound ), and his rim protecting was almost nonexistent, so what evidence tells you he will improve next year. Our coaches realize that Mo is a poor rebounding Center (perhaps 5 rebounds per game at best), and a poor rim protector, so they are looking for a 3 headed Monster to find a solution. Sorry, pie, but you’ve buried your head in the sand and given up looking for a solution to it.
            I’ve been more consistently correct about Mo this year than you or his other two main detractors. He proved himself throughout the year so that by the end of the season most people had either accepted that he was better than they thought or just kept to themselves because it looked obtuse to criticize a guy who was obviously playing well.

I am willing to bet that he will improve his rebounding and defense for a couple reasons.

1) Big men always take more time to develop. Usually their Junior and senior seasons are their most productive with senior year being their best.

2) Look at how much he improved his offensive game and free throw shooting this past off season. If he puts the same amount of effort into his rebounding, defense, passing and shot blocking I have no doubt he can and will improve in all those areas. He’s 6’8 with a 7’0 wingspan. He moves well. He can get better at all those things.

I’ve said all along the “solution” is we need more depth. Mo was good but we suffered when he had to come off the court.

They aren’t looking for a 3 headed monster as a result of Mo’s play this year. They’re looking because that’s how we’ve always staffed the position in the Marshall era.

Comment

I’ve been more consistently correct about Mo this year than you or his other two main detractors. He proved himself throughout the year so that by the end of the season most people had either accepted that he was better than they thought or just kept to themselves because it looked obtuse to criticize a guy who was obviously playing well.

I am willing to bet that he will improve his rebounding and defense for a couple reasons.

1) Big men always take more time to develop. Usually their Junior and senior seasons are their most productive with senior year being their best.

2) Look at how much he improved his offensive game and free throw shooting this past off season. If he puts the same amount of effort into his rebounding, defense, passing and shot blocking I have no doubt he can and will improve in all those areas. He’s 6’8 with a 7’0 wingspan. He moves well. He can get better at all those things.

I’ve said all along the “solution” is we need more depth. Mo was good but we suffered when he had to come off the court.

They aren’t looking for a 3 headed monster as a result of Mo’s play this year. They’re looking because that’s how we’ve always staffed the position in the Marshall era.
              We will agree to disagree. He can’t jump and he can’t rim protect. He does draw charges. The Coaching staff also obviously disagrees with you too.

Comment

• udeze was clearly the team mvp later in the season/postseason. he was well more than just serviceable.

etienne faded out somehow by then. strange because for so much of the season he was spectacular. like, first team all midwest region, division 5 (mvc, aac, big 10, big 12, mac.. that division rating they used to do). i really hope he comes back consistent next year, because he has a way-high ceiling.

Comment

I think Big MO will improve over the summer. Looking forward to next season.

Comment

• What I really liked about Mo was that he realized he needed to improve his FT shooting before the start of last year season and he practiced during the off season and did make an improvement. Let's hope during this present off time, he takes the same attitude with his rebounding and defense. game. I'm betting he does..

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I think Big MO will improve over the summer. Looking forward to next season.
                      Mo has a ceiling. He may improve more on his free throws. But not his jumping height. He is a below the rim player.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                        What I really liked about Mo was that he realized he needed to improve his FT shooting before the start of last year season and he practiced during the off season and did make an improvement. Let's hope during this present off time, he takes the same attitude with his rebounding and defense. game. I'm betting he does..
                        Totally agree.

Comment

We will agree to disagree. He can’t jump and he can’t rim protect. He does draw charges. The Coaching staff also obviously disagrees with you too.
                          The coaching Staff disagrees? How would you know? That is fricking hilarious. Have you ever talked to IB about Mo? He has nothing but compliments about Mo. if you disagree which is your opinion might need some help to justify.

Perhaps the two Bigs signed (one the same size) are to replace the three Bigs that left. One of the signees will probably only play the 4 any way.

Mo is not the perfect center, but we won the championship with him in the lineup. Facts don’t lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

The coaching Staff disagrees? How would you know?
                            Because IB talked about having a 3 headed Monster at Center. A 3 headed Monster means to have 3 players dividing up the 40 minutes at that position which would also mean Mo having less than the 25 minutes that he had last year.

Comment

• No is good, not great. If he had great pieces around him, he would get more accolades. Improve your rebounding young man!
                              Livin the dream

Comment

So now he's a deficient rim protector too, eh? Because yeah, just look at all those 6'8" shot blockers playing in the AAC, Big10, and yes, even the A10! Heck, the Valley is loaded with 'em. So which is it; the team rebounding didn't meet GGG's standards in this CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON (wake up), or Mo just plain sucks? Make up your mind, because you're kind of putting some straight nonsense out there.

Very observant that you would notice HCIB is moving on from the 2 6'5-6'6 power forwards that he was left with, and bringing in some better size. Who wouldn't? Half the teams in the Valley were bigger on the front-line than that. No? And please spare us the "if X can do it anyone can..."

Comment

Working...
                                X