2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Unless something really drastic occurs, he's not coming back. He's had multiple voices in his ear telling him he can get more minutes elsewhere and the usual bullshit.
    He thought he should have been playing a lot more minutes last year, hence the main reason he is moving on.

That is all.
    But some minutes are there for him this year, right? He would be miles ahead by spending time in the weight room rather than looking for a new program.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
            We need more Barry Hinson’s in the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              Tell me again why Trey put his name in the portal? Thought is was some sort of family decision and that he might go where TvW did? Or better position himself for pro ball? Sorry if all this has been cleared up elsewhere, but I'm totally confused with him toting that list.

Comment

• Committed to play for HCGM.

HCGM is no longer here.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                  Committed to play for HCGM.

HCGM is no longer here.
                  Excellent point... Gotta let new ball coach bring in his guys... Sooner the better... Have to have guys who wanna play for you. Next 3 years will be very telling.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post

Excellent point... Gotta let new ball coach bring in his guys... Sooner the better... Have to have guys who wanna play for you. Next 3 years will be very telling.
                    But all the players were SO excited that IB got the job, right? I saw them all jumping up and down and whooping it up.

I'm not sure why Trey is staying in school if considering going pro and/or not playing with his brother. Maybe he wants a more experienced head coach to help him along.

I'm just being ornery. I find it odd we have about as many transfers (he'll count as one if he continues to play) with a coach that all the players liked as that of a coach some players didn't like.

I'm wishing Trey well and success in whatever he does. Also success for HCIB. We don't know what all feelers were put out to test the coaching waters and their results. The situation was kind of a rock and a hard place.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

But all the players were SO excited that IB got the job, right? I saw them all jumping up and down and whooping it up.

I'm not sure why Trey is staying in school if considering going pro and/or not playing with his brother. Maybe he wants a more experienced head coach to help him along.

I'm just being ornery. I find it odd we have about as many transfers (he'll count as one if he continues to play) with a coach that all the players liked as that of a coach some players didn't like.

I'm wishing Trey well and success in whatever he does. Also success for HCIB. We don't know what all feelers were put out to test the coaching waters and their results. The situation was kind of a rock and a hard place.
                      Given his lack of head coaching experience, IB's main selling point was keeping the roster intact. Not doing so well.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm not worried about the turnover and transfers quite yet. It was such an unusual 12 months. I know that gets old saying that...but we had the huge transfer thing last year and GM and staff quickly found quality replacements. Then he gets cancelled and a new guy all the sudden is setting up shop. All the kids can't get 30 minutes so of course some of the bench guys are gonna bail. To me...totally expected some guys to transfer after this year. The nucleus is staying put and perhaps we'll get a few surprises heading in to next season.

Go Shocks!!!
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• just saw this video of Trevon Wade on my phone and thought it was SHJ.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                            https://twitter.com/EKUHoops/status/...414515713?s=19
                            just saw this video of Trevon Wade on my phone and thought it was SHJ.
                            Trevin definitely makes a great hi-light video. Too bad he wasn't our best or 2nd best PG. The ball tended to "stick" to him even more than Alterique.

I still think that Craig Porter is going to be our best Point Guard since Fred (Landry really wasn't a point guard but he did a nice job), and Porter has two years to prove it. He has all of the skills. He just needs a summer of playing with the team, and building his confidence and their confidence. His problem was that he was making a step up without a summer with the players, and then regular practice time was affected by Covid, and then Covid hit him before the season began too. He will be fine. He showed some flashes of brilliance against South Florida in December, but then the season had tons of ebbs and flows and no straight trend lines so his confidence could improve. Who's confidence is best during these up and down times? A veteran like Alterique Gilbert who has been through the wars before.

Comment

• Has Alterique announced that he wasn’t returning? If not, is it odd he hasn’t said anything about his future plans yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
                                Has Alterique announced that he wasn’t returning? If not, is it odd he hasn’t said anything about his future plans yet?
                                He hasn't formally said anything but Taylor has mentioned that they do not expect him back.

Comment

Working...
                                X