2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    Great news. But I do think it's somewhat irresponsible to put stuff like that out for public consumption. At least be somewhat cryptic and/or private about it so it's not completely obvious for everyone to know what's going on. It also tells your source you can't be trusted not to share sensitive information, good, bad, or otherwise.

Maybe I'm way off base here?
    I’m pretty sure that account is run by a fan, so it’s not official info. Probably best to take it with a huge grain of salt. Maybe it turns out to be true but I wouldn’t put much stock into it.

Also not sure if they mean “talking to” or just misspelled “taking” in that post, soooo yeah there’s definitely a difference between the two.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

I would have assumed the pg Goldwire since we are known to have been in contact with him.
      So who would the Florida transfer be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So who would the Florida transfer be?
        That's the weird thing. We are known to have been in contact with the pg Glover, but it seems unlikely that we would get both Goldwire and Glover since they are at the same position.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• There is literally nothing posted about any of those transfers . Fake as f*ck

Comment

• No official page would ever post anything like this. Ever.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• They get their info just like those on SN and The Facebook group get theirs.

It’s a fan page, and nothing more.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

Again you lose some credibility. If a program loses 6 each year, and two are walk-ons, and two are injuries, and two are deep bench riders, then I'd say sustainability isn't hurt at all. This is where the "impact" player comments stem from.
                LOL at your "credibility." Just disagree. Disagreement is okay. None of us make the decisions anyway. "You lose credibilitah!" Goodness.

Comment

• Jayden mentioned on his social media that he hasn’t had any offers yet. I hope he pulls out of the portal and returns to WSU. I was really excited to watch him in Shocker uniform.

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
                    Jayden mentioned on his social media that he hasn’t had any offers yet. I hope he pulls out of the portal and returns to WSU. I was really excited to watch him in Shocker uniform.
                    I know the cat is already out of the bag, but I wish these young kids would be patient and not expect the Lebron treatment wherever they go. A lot of kids just aren’t D1 ready coming out of high school. But they don’t wanna wait it out. I think Seymour had great potential too. Does he think his body is ready for major D1 basketball? Unless he’s just too ready to play, he’s gonna get nothing more than low major looks and/or minutes. So would you really rather play 25 minutes a game right now at Tennessee State or play maybe 5-10 minutes at a major school with a major atmosphere with a major fanbase that cares and have those minutes increase every subsequent year? Freaking Fred Van Vleet didn’t get major minutes when he got here...

NBA transfer rules intertwined with players that still have immature ways of thinking still shortly after high school. Makes perfect sense.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

So would you really rather play 25 minutes a game right now at Tennessee State or play maybe 5-10 minutes at a major school with a major atmosphere with a major fanbase that cares and have those minutes increase every subsequent year? Freaking Fred Van Vleet didn’t get major minutes when he got here...

NBA transfer rules intertwined with players that still have immature ways of thinking still shortly after high school. Makes perfect sense.
                      I think the new trend will be to sign with Tenn State, play 2 years and then transfer up. Probably better than signing with WSU not playing for two years and then maybe getting minutes by year 3. At least they get to play at Tenn State.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I know the cat is already out of the bag, but I wish these young kids would be patient and not expect the Lebron treatment wherever they go. A lot of kids just aren’t D1 ready coming out of high school. But they don’t wanna wait it out. I think Seymour had great potential too. Does he think his body is ready for major D1 basketball? Unless he’s just too ready to play, he’s gonna get nothing more than low major looks and/or minutes. So would you really rather play 25 minutes a game right now at Tennessee State or play maybe 5-10 minutes at a major school with a major atmosphere with a major fanbase that cares and have those minutes increase every subsequent year? Freaking Fred Van Vleet didn’t get major minutes when he got here...

Totally agree

Comment

Jayden mentioned on his social media that he hasn’t had any offers yet. I hope he pulls out of the portal and returns to WSU. I was really excited to watch him in Shocker uniform.
                          I saw that too. I would hope coaches are keeping that door open.

Comment

In small text on that same post it says he has some offers. The subsequent posts on his Instagram story make it sound like he will not be returning.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

In small text on that same post it says he has some offers. The subsequent posts on his Instagram story make it sound like he will not be returning.
                              Whelp, time to get my eyes checked because I totally missed that-thank you!
                              I can always hope none of those offers will be what he is looking for and decides to return, right? :(

Comment

Whelp, time to get my eyes checked because I totally missed that-thank you!
                                I can always hope none of those offers will be what he is looking for and decides to return, right? :(
                                Unless something really drastic occurs, he's not coming back. He's had multiple voices in his ear telling him he can get more minutes elsewhere and the usual bullshit.
                                He thought he should have been playing a lot more minutes last year, hence the main reason he is moving on.

That is all.
                                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                                X