2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    If Jayden Seymour couldn't get time with our current roster, what makes anyone think he would get time with a roster that has more talent? Drives me nuts when people say, "don't quit...just man up and try to get playing time." That's ridiculous. If I'm a college basketball player and I want to play, why would I spend my time in a place where I can't do that? It's not selfish. It's just reality. Ty Taylor, Rian Holland, and others were not going to play at WSU while they were here. And that's fine. I'd rather a kid go somewhere where they can play and enjoy themselves.

For Craig Porter, either AG is leaving and/or we know we are not getting Jarrod West.
    Exactly. College Basketball is a lot more work than most of us recognize. If you aren’t playing there is no shame in finding a better fit.

IMO - Of last year’s transfers out of WSU, Burton is the only player that went to a reduced role. I think he was the best player to leave so it was a little surprising, but he went to a stacked program and was recruited for the future (not this year because TT and Burton both assumed he wouldn’t receive a waiver).

Comment

• Taylor just posted in a comment on FB that Jenkins IS returning. Sounded very firm in that. Can't wait to see what that kid can do.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Clarence Jackson:

6-7, 205

14 mpg/5 ppg/4.4 rpg.

Wade played almost double the minutes but only 30% more productivity. Jackson could be a double/double guy.
        never said I thought Wade was a world beater. Kinda hope we can bring in someone better than both of these guys. I do like Jackson for his energy, don't get me wrong. The dude is totally outta control half the time though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Taylor just posted in a comment on FB that Jenkins IS returning. Sounded very firm in that. Can't wait to see what that kid can do.
          Super excited about Jenkins. Hope he turns out to be kinda similar to DeJon Jarreu.

Comment

If Jayden Seymour couldn't get time with our current roster, what makes anyone think he would get time with a roster that has more talent? Drives me nuts when people say, "don't quit...just man up and try to get playing time." That's ridiculous. If I'm a college basketball player and I want to play, why would I spend my time in a place where I can't do that? It's not selfish. It's just reality. Ty Taylor, Rian Holland, and others were not going to play at WSU while they were here. And that's fine. I'd rather a kid go somewhere where they can play and enjoy themselves.

For Craig Porter, either AG is leaving and/or we know we are not getting Jarrod West.
            I guess it is a matter of if you think you are better than those ahead of you and want to prove it. If you don't want to work to get better than those in front of you or do the work to prove it, you move on to "greener" pastures where you don't have to compete. For me, I am ultra competitive and want to prove people who doubt me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Who on the depth chart is ahead of him? If somebody had taken off at his position, WSU wouldn't have gotten beat by Drake. It is a miss.
              Huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I guess it is a matter of if you think you are better than those ahead of you and want to prove it. If you don't want to work to get better than those in front of you or do the work to prove it, you move on to "greener" pastures where you don't have to compete. For me, I am ultra competitive and want to prove people who doubt me wrong.
                That's great. But if the coach tells you to your face that you won't play until you are a junior or senior you kinda don't have a choice. I guess this year is the one exception in that you aren't really burning a year to "prove everyone wrong."

Comment

• We don’t lose to Cincinnati or Drake if we hit 70 % of our free throws!! In fact most of close wins would not have been that close if we shot free throws better.

Comment

Taylor posted we are no longer in the running for West right now. He wants to stay closer to home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

never said I thought Wade was a world beater. Kinda hope we can bring in someone better than both of these guys. I do like Jackson for his energy, don't get me wrong. The dude is totally outta control half the time though.
                      I thought the % of time spent out of control diminished as the season progressed but you’re right, it’s something he needs to work on in the off season.

Not only does he bring great energy but he can showed that he can do a bit of everything on offense this year. He can put it on the floor to score or pass, spot up for three, cut to the basket, offensive rebound, and get to the free throw line. It’s all in his repertoire.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I thought the % of time spent out of control diminished as the season progressed but you’re right, it’s something he needs to work on in the off season.

Not only does he bring great energy but he can showed that he can do a bit of everything on offense this year. He can put it on the floor to score or pass, spot up for three, cut to the basket, offensive rebound, and get to the free throw line. It’s all in his repertoire.
                        I agree with this. He made good strides as the year went on. But I also agree that I'd prefer he not be playing 25 minutes at the 4. We do what we gotta do, but we have to get taller inside. I don't even care if they're not big and bulky guys, as long as they're strong enough and athletic enough to hold their own and rebound, and maybe block a shot or two. I think sometimes we get caught up on guys having to weigh 240+, or whatever arbitrary number based on position.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          I thought it would be JB.
                          JB needs to improve a lot over the summer. I'd like him to stay if he can make that improvement. He'll only be a freshman in eligibility next year.

I just don't want to see him go and in 4 years, he's a lottery pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Taylor posted we are no longer in the running for West right now. He wants to stay closer to home.
                            Ah, makes sense.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• With as few players as we had diving after loose balls this past year, we need to be seeing a lot more of Jackson, not less. Recruit another one just like him and I'll be thrilled.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

JB needs to improve a lot over the summer. I'd like him to stay if he can make that improvement. He'll only be a freshman in eligibility next year.

I just don't want to see him go and in 4 years, he's a lottery pick.
                                Hopefully Bilau is able to stay healthy/get needed treatment in Wichita this summer and can take steps. Kid still has a ton of potential and if his PT was down because of the knee, there's still a lot of hope for him if he/they can get that under control.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X