• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully this doesnt mean that we missed on West. But welcome back CP

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
      First recruiting win for HCIB?!?

Good deal. Chalk one up for Brown. This is a WIN
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Craig Porter, nice!

Comment

• If you had told me at 8:00 AM we would lose IPBC and JS, but get back Porter, I would have taken that.

IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
            First recruiting win for HCIB?!?

This makes me happy. I think Porter has a lot of potential and showed he could run the team well and create. Needs to step up the consistency. I'm not opposed to him not hunting shots, as long as he knocks down the ones he does take at a reasonable rate. He's the type of PG that can make those around him better.

I still would love to get West and have Porter be his primary backup this year, but I like this kid.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
              If you had told me at 8:00 AM we would lose IPBC and JS, but get back Porter, I would have taken that.

IMO.
              Yes.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                I don’t say this because I wanted him to leave or that I think he was a bad player or didn’t have potential but on what are we basing this angst over Seymour leaving?
                6'9" athletic guy. Seems like a guy we could use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Plus, with Wade and Poor Bear leaving, there's time to be had.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

So, based on his height, not his actual play on the court?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

So, based on his height, not his actual play on the court?
                      What did you think based on his play? Of course, we only have potential to go off. There is so little depth at the 4/5 positions that he would be nice to have around. Now, if we get a nice Juco or transfer big and decent recruit, this will all be null.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShockMarket View Post

What did you think based on his play? Of course, we only have potential to go off. There is so little depth at the 4/5 positions that he would be nice to have around. Now, if we get a nice Juco or transfer big and decent recruit, this will all be null.
                        How about we beat out the 25 schools that are going to be after Tre Mitchell

Comment

• I kind of wonder with the timing of everything that Porter put his name in there without talking to the coaches
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• All class. Thank you IPBC. Nothin but love.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShockMarket View Post

I thought he looked like a lot of other similarly tall, athletic players who came through the program and then eventually transferred.

Again, I’m not saying he’s hopeless or glad he’s leaving. If the coaching staff brought him here they obviously saw potential. Almost all the guys who transfer out of WSU go on to be successful and I have no reason to doubt Jaden will follow that path.

At the same time, I didn’t see anything in his admittedly limited minutes that makes me think we lost a guy who was going to contribute a lot next year. Other people seemed to be more disappointed, I was just curious what they saw that I didn’t.

Comment

• Awesome that Porter is coming back!

Totally understand Seymour leaving. Him receiving significant court time next year for the shox probably required the following:

-Wade going pro -No game ready recruits at the 4 (this has happened both of the last two years)
                                -Monzy not absorbing the minutes
                                -Dex not playing the 4

Would have liked to see him stay, but he was probably low on the depth chart his second year too.

Comment

Working...
                                X