X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockerLurker
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
    Depth isn’t important. It doesn’t help win games. Brown, Kelly, Frankamp, Grady, McDuffie, Lufile and I can go on. All were back ups. All played pro ball somewhere.
    The shox were notoriously deep in the best years under Marshall. This comment is confusing to me.

Also, I recall times this past year with Jayden Seymour at the post and others with only one ball handler on the floor. Those are situations which don't come to pass if we were a deep team.

Leave a comment:

• OregonShocker
    replied
    2013 back up. Fred something or other
    I think it was van fleet. I think it was announced as a "backup" that would make an "immediate impact." Turns out they were wrong. No one even remembers his name.

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Yesufu from Drake just entered the portal.
    #1 target, if I was recruiting players

Leave a comment:

• Shocker82/85
    replied
    Depth isn’t important. It doesn’t help win games. Brown, Kelly, Frankamp, Grady, McDuffie, Lufile and I can go on. All were back ups. All played pro ball somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Yesufu from Drake just entered the portal.

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I love when we bring out total aberrations. Plus. Fred was backing up a stud. Our incoming back-up will not be backing up a stud.

Actually. I'm totally fine with all the wording, etc. Whatever. Back-up, etc. I think I may have misread the idea that we were expecting some really good news. Hope this works out. I just don't see this as great or good news. It's a dude who could be good. Rock on. Can't wait to find out.
    Yeah. We should be landing blue-chippers. Especially big men...since there are so many of them ready to go on day 1 out there. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

My comprehension of your post is not working and I am confused, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone on this board. Your first sentence indicates the phrase "back-up 5" might be Taylor's and not the coaches. Then your second sentence suggests because Taylor is a "professional journalist" he would clarify the phrase through the coaches. What is your point? It was Taylor's wording, or was it the coaches wording and Taylor confirmed it prior to printing it. I promise I am not trying to be a butt, just trying to understand.
    My point is that a coach told said “back up 5” to Taylor, then he would have either used quotation marks or used specific wording like “according to coaches”.

He didn’t do either of those things so either A) back up 5 are Taylor’s words based on the assumption that Mo will still be the starter next year or B) THE COACHES ARE RECRUITING BACK UPS AND WE SHOULD ALL BE PISSED!

Leave a comment:

• Shocktoberfest
    replied
    I love when we bring out total aberrations. Plus. Fred was backing up a stud. Our incoming back-up will not be backing up a stud.

Actually. I'm totally fine with all the wording, etc. Whatever. Back-up, etc. I think I may have misread the idea that we were expecting some really good news. Hope this works out. I just don't see this as great or good news. It's a dude who could be good. Rock on. Can't wait to find out.

Leave a comment:

• Shocker82/85
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    This thread is on the verge of the BodyBuilding.com topic where they debated how many days per week a guy worked out.

Leave a comment:

• Shocker_Power
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Sorry...you don't use the term back-up at any position when getting ready to sign a player.
    Do they ever say "impact backup" player?

Leave a comment:

• NCAABound
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Have you seen JC ball? It's guard dominated almost everywhere. Big man stats don't usually jump out at you at that level.
    Yes I've seen it and am well aware. I'll just hope for the best and move on at this point!

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
    Well he is 45th in scoring in the Jayhawk Conference. I'm not as excited as some of you. This is a conference that plays absolutely no defense. Hell Cowley averaged 107 pts per game. I think he is 5th on his own team in scoring. Hoping for the best though!
    Have you seen JC ball? It's guard dominated almost everywhere. Big man stats don't usually jump out at you at that level.

Leave a comment:

• SHOXAAC
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

But why automatically assume the words are the coaches and not Taylor’s? Taylor is a professional journalist, if he was told something by the coach he usually makes that clear.
    My comprehension of your post is not working and I am confused, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone on this board. Your first sentence indicates the phrase "back-up 5" might be Taylor's and not the coaches. Then your second sentence suggests because Taylor is a "professional journalist" he would clarify the phrase through the coaches. What is your point? It was Taylor's wording, or was it the coaches wording and Taylor confirmed it prior to printing it. I promise I am not trying to be a butt, just trying to understand.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    No one said this will be the only big guy we sign. Lord knows we could use a couple more.
    Yes we still have what.... 5 Scholarships left?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X