Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pie n eye
    replied
    Not to mention this is all based on a sub tweet. Nowhere in Taylor’s main tweets or article is the word back up mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerPrez
    replied
    No one said this will be the only big guy we sign. Lord knows we could use a couple more.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Hey, just trying to get clarity on what Taylor reported. Taylor using "Back-up" not me, so I am assuming that is what Brown told him. I am not freaking out by any means. I just see lack of insight of this strategy (promoting the concept of recruiting back-ups). I never remember Marshall referring a signed recruit as a back-up, or Scott Thompson for that matter. Just think it is a bad communication strategy.
    But why automatically assume the words are the coaches and not Taylor’s? Taylor is a professional journalist, if he was told something by the coach he usually makes that clear.

Leave a comment:

• shockersx
    replied
    Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

I did watch the video - and again it's done against terrible defense. Guess I just don't get enthralled with every recruit like some of you.
    So I guess you’ve never gotten excited about any juco player we’ve ever added, since there’s minimal defense at that level. Kid should be a solid addition. Not really much to dislike.

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied

I did watch the video - and again it's done against terrible defense. Guess I just don't get enthralled with every recruit like some of you.
    I have a feeling you don't get excited for much.

Leave a comment:

• Maizerunner08
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Hey, just trying to get clarity on what Taylor reported. Taylor using "Back-up" not me, so I am assuming that is what Brown told him. I am not freaking out by any means. I just see lack of insight of this strategy (promoting the concept of recruiting back-ups). I never remember Marshall referring a signed recruit as a back-up, or Scott Thompson for that matter. Just think it is a bad communication strategy.
    Yeah, it’s an interesting thing to say. I guess we’ll see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied
    Well he is 45th in scoring in the Jayhawk Conference. I'm not as excited as some of you. This is a conference that plays absolutely no defense. Hell Cowley averaged 107 pts per game. I think he is 5th on his own team in scoring. Hoping for the best though!
    Udeze can score plenty. This guy can do things that Udeze can't.

It's not all about points.

Leave a comment:

• NCAABound
    replied
    Originally posted by shockersx View Post

I don’t think JUCO stats are super reliable or worth investing in much. Watch his video and you can see the talent.

Leave a comment:

• shockersx
    replied
    Well he is 45th in scoring in the Jayhawk Conference. I'm not as excited as some of you. This is a conference that plays absolutely no defense. Hell Cowley averaged 107 pts per game. I think he is 5th on his own team in scoring. Hoping for the best though!
    I don’t think JUCO stats are super reliable or worth investing in much. Watch his video and you can see the talent.

Leave a comment:

• SHOXAAC
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

What strategy are you even talking about? Have you heard or seen any of the coaches quoted as saying they’re out recruiting back ups? If not, don’t freak the **** out based on one tiny word in a tweet from the beat writer at the eagle.

Leave a comment:

• choida
    replied
    Just happy to see a commitment at this point... Big old dude that can back up Udeze... Nice

Leave a comment:

• Shocker82/85
    replied
    Many were not excited about Echinique.

Leave a comment:

• NCAABound
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    sign me up!

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    I never thought Mo was a 5 anyway. He was just the only guy we had over 6-7 that could play.

If we bring in a 5, that gives us 1. Mo can play 4 or 5. We just need some damn size to give us a chance at not giving up a 1000 2nd chance points next year.
    Mo is a small 5. A 4 needs to be able to put the ball on the floor and be at least passable from 3 in today's game. You can't play with 2 players on the floor that aren't at least some sort of outside threat. Mo is a 7 ft and in type guy which is a prototypical 5 to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X