Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    12 Schollys 1 walk on. Going to be tough to practice at times when some of the dawgs can't be dawgs imho. Different ideas for different folks though. Been pretty successful so far.

Anybody notice anything? I didn't, but it was pointed out to me.
    If what you noticed was what I noticed, we're well on our way to being the Georgetown of the Midwest.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Listed as 6-8 out of Abilene Christian...six foot seven barefoot?

McFarland not on updated roster a bit concerning.
      He left about a week ago.

Matt McFarlane is leaving the program - Wichita State Basketball Forum (shockernet.net)

Comment

• I wondered if McFarland might leave after Pohto committed, but still sorry to see someone with college experience depart. I suppose a lot of very young guys on this team with potential down the road is a plus...if they pan out.

Comment

• McFarland leaving had nothing to do with Pohto. Pull your head out. Family and personal problems were reported. There are more important things than basketball.. Besides Kenny Photo is SOFT as toilet paper. His nickname ought to be Charmin.. He can shoot but I doubt he will have much impact in this tough physical league like the AAC. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
            McFarland leaving had nothing to do with Pohto. Pull your head out. Family and personal problems were reported. There are more important things than basketball.. Besides Kenny Photo is SOFT as toilet paper. His nickname ought to be Charmin.. He can shoot but I doubt he will have much impact in this tough physical league like the AAC. Go Shocks.
            Maybe HCIB has stock in Charmin.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Maybe HCIB has stock in Charmin.
              Lol. That's pretty good. This team is going to need to shoot better this year because from looking at the offcial roster some players look like they have lost weight. The reputation of WSU soft front line continues.

Comment

McFarland leaving had nothing to do with Pohto. Pull your head out. Family and personal problems were reported. There are more important things than basketball.. Besides Kenny Photo is SOFT as toilet paper. His nickname ought to be Charmin.. He can shoot but I doubt he will have much impact in this tough physical league like the AAC. Go Shocks.
                Give Pohto a break. Probably none of the true freshmen will have much impact this year for a host of reasons. The most obvious reason is their lack of body development.

Comment

Give Pohto a break. Probably none of the true freshmen will have much impact this year for a host of reasons. The most obvious reason is their lack of body development.
                  No!!!!!!!!!!!! Double hell no. Three years ago G. Marshall completed one of his best coaching jobs when he got a team of 2 SR and and a bunch of freshmen to go to the final four of the NIT. Some of those freshmen were required to start, some were required to play significant minutes before they were ready. Those freshmen were required to grow up fast. BUT THEY DID IT.

Now 3 years later we have an experienced team coming back and an AAC coach of the year with his entire coaching staff with him. In addition we have the Co AAC player of the year coming back. I will not agree to the idea that our current freshmen must be given a break. Fuk that!!!!! That makes no sense to me The freshmen need to pull their dam weight. The freshmen on this team are not being asked to start. They are not being asked to play significant minutes. They are being asked when they go into the game to HOLD THE DAM LINE. And if the means blocking out on the rebound than block out. If that means rebound, then rebound the freeking ball. If that means hitting the open shot, than knock it down. All of these new freshmen need to do what is required to keep WSU basketball at the current level.

I certainly hope Coach Brown does not have the same weak attitude and idea that you have about giving the FRESHMEN A BREAK. GO SHOCKS.

Comment

No!!!!!!!!!!!! Double hell no. Three years ago G. Marshall completed one of his best coaching jobs when he got a team of 2 SR and and a bunch of freshmen to go to the final four of the NIT. Some of those freshmen were required to start, some were required to play significant minutes before they were ready. Those freshmen were required to grow up fast. BUT THEY DID IT.
                    And then they all quit the team and transferred...

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

And then they all quit the team and transferred...
                      It matters on how you hold a players accountable. And it is also probably not a good idea for team chemistry. by having 2 players that think they are entitled to playing time regardless of how they are playing.. That makes for a bad recipe. Go Shocks.
                      Last edited by TheShocktocles; September 5, 2021, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• The Process was a very bad seed. Time will show even more.

Comment

• I'm fairly confident that IB and the coaching staff will hold players accountable. I agree on one thing...it is going to be a tough year for Kenney Pohto because of the increased minutes and pressure now that McFarland is gone.

Comment

I'm fairly confident that IB and the coaching staff will hold players accountable. I agree on one thing...it is going to be a tough year for Kenney Pohto because of the increased minutes and pressure now that McFarland is gone.
                            I agree on one thing, your prediction about how Kenny Pohto season will play out this year is typical chickenhawk bullsht. You don't know Jack and you can't predict the future. Next you will tell us that Windmills cause cancer.

Comment

I agree on one thing, your prediction about how Kenny Pohto season will play out this year is typical chickenhawk bullsht. You don't know Jack and you can't predict the future. Next you will tell us that Windmills cause cancer.
                              Actually, he is probably right. No freshman big man has come in gang busters. He’ll probably be very similar to Asbjorn.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                                Actually, he is probably right. No freshman big man has come in gang busters. He’ll probably be very similar to Asbjorn.
                                However, he did play at one of the top prep schools against high level competition… hopefully that’s worth something out of the gate.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X