Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

I remember when I was in 1st or 2nd grade at McLean Elem, X man, James Gibbs and Henry Carr came to our school!! They were awesome and a great day at school.
    For me it was Buckner Elementary and Antoine Carr and Ozell Jones. Still remember being in awe of how low they had to duck to pass through the doorway to the classroom!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

According to one of our Shockernet doodlers, I can stroke it on the three point line while standing at half court.
      good one.jpg

Comment

• Who can play the positions:
        PG: Porter, Etienne, Grant
        SG: Etienne, Grant, Jenkins, Council, Dennis
        SF: Dennis, Council, Ricks, Jackson
        PF: Jackson, Pleasant, Abidde
        C: Udeze, McFarlane, Pohto

This may not be perfect, but it says to me we are highly skilled at the smaller positions (PG-SF) and have a nice variety of options and skill-sets depending on the matchups. What is always the challenge is keeping everybody happy with minutes, but as far as options go we have plenty.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
          Who can play the positions:
          PG: Porter, Etienne, Grant
          SG: Etienne, Grant, Jenkins, Council, Dennis
          SF: Dennis, Council, Ricks, Jackson
          PF: Jackson, Pleasant, Abidde
          C: Udeze, McFarlane, Pohto

This may not be perfect, but it says to me we are highly skilled at the smaller positions (PG-SF) and have a nice variety of options and skill-sets depending on the matchups. What is always the challenge is keeping everybody happy with minutes, but as far as options go we have plenty.
          Good initial breakdown. Given the talent/skills and getting playing time at 1-3 I will be surprised to see Jackson play any time at 3. Think it's more likely that we see Dennis also playing a fair amount of time at 4 as part of small lineups.

Comment

• I hope we're at the point where Dennis never has to play the 4 again

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              I hope we're at the point where Dennis never has to play the 4 again
              Amen !!!!

Comment

• The roster has been updated on GoShockers.com

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                  The roster has been updated on GoShockers.com

https://goshockers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
                  If you want to see the listed weight of the players switch to the Card View of the roster or go to each player bio. One other measurement I would love to see is wingspan.

Chaunce is the lightweight on the team at 6-4, 169 pounds. Next lightest is Jalen Ricks at 6-7, 183 pounds. That can be overcome with athleticism and skill but it could be a challenge for them in some games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                    The roster has been updated on GoShockers.com

https://goshockers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
                    For some reason I thought Joe Pleasant was taller than 6’7”.

Comment

• I'm glad to see Abidde (or is it Adibbe - I can never remember) listed at 6'9", but he and some others could use some bulk. Pohto at 232 isn't bad for a 6'11" Fr.

Comment

• 12 Schollys 1 walk on. Going to be tough to practice at times when some of the dawgs can't be dawgs imho. Different ideas for different folks though. Been pretty successful so far.

Anybody notice anything? I didn't, but it was pointed out to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

For some reason I thought Joe Pleasant was taller than 6’7”.
                          Listed as 6-8 out of Abilene Christian...six foot seven barefoot?

McFarland not on updated roster a bit concerning.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Listed as 6-8 out of Abilene Christian...six foot seven barefoot?

you know he left, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Or well established, common knowledge
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                12 Schollys 1 walk on. Going to be tough to practice at times when some of the dawgs can't be dawgs imho. Different ideas for different folks though. Been pretty successful so far.

Anybody notice anything? I didn't, but it was pointed out to me.
                                No seniors, technically?

Comment

Working...
                                X