21-22 Wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21-22 Wishlist

1) More size at each position. I think we have nice players, but our starting lineups is undersized at four out of five spots.

2) Shot makers. It seems like we have been brick city since Landry, Frank, Austin and company moved on.

3) A point guard that we can build a team around

Piece of cake.

Comment

1) An actual offense
      2) A PG who can make plays
      3) An AAC level Big

Comment

FT shooting
        Defensive rebounding
        True PG
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
          1) More size at each position. I think we have nice players, but our starting lineups is undersized at four out of five spots.

2) Shot makers. It seems like we have been brick city since Landry, Frank, Austin and company moved on.

3) A point guard that we can build a team around
          The ever allusive PG position. GGG tried to find another reliable PG from FVV's sophomore year and all the way through this recruiting class.

D.J. Bowles - heart condition

Ria'n Holland - transfered
          Ty Taylor - transfered

J.R. Simon - walk on forced into action (when needed) due to no better options

Conner Frankamp - pushed as PG, but does not work out - becomes 2 guard

Austin Reeves - Talked about (to some degree) as having PG skills during recruiting, becomes wing player - later transfered

Daishon Smith - Juco PG, limited playing time, transfered

Landry Shamet- PG for two years out of necessity, performs admirably, more natural 2 guard. Early NBA

Samajae Haynes-Jones - Juco PG 2 years. Becomes PG 2nd year in name only.

Ricky Torres - Juco PG, limited role, transfered

Alex Lomax - 4* decommit

Jamarius Burton - plays two years, often in a PG role, due to limited options. Plays pretty well. Transfered.

Noah Fernandes - limited role one year, transfered.

Grant Sherfield - 4* recruit, never quite seems comfortable in role but shows flashes. Transfered.

Alterique Gilbert - Grad transfer, former 5* recruit. Obviously skilled, streaky, makes big plays, also questionable turnovers and shot selection too often. Mixed results

Craig Porter - Decent Juco recruit. Never see much of a high ceiling.

Tevin Wade - limited role, Juco player

​​​​​​​Did I miss something? I always felt like this was one of Marshall's biggest misses. Recruiting and then developing that next PG. We were spoiled with FVV. I'm still waiting for thar next true PG who we can trust who can run an offense and make plays for himself and others. Not sure we will have that next year. I'm afraid Etienne will get forced in like Shamet, just because we have no better option.

Comment

Bring Gregg Marshall back...too soon?

Comment

So Porter's pretty much it for returning PG next season? That's just a little concerning.

Comment

Not to regress as the season wraps up and close out playing their best basketball instead of some of their worst.
                The Assman

Comment

HCIB said that he would ask every player, "the day after the season ended" what their plans were regarding their return to Wichita. We have 13 scholarship players. My SWAG, 2 graduate, at least 4 transfer, one or two get pushed out. New team.

Comment

Read somewhere that NCAA offered seniors anther year of elegibilty due to the Covid year. Anyone here that?

Comment

I think Seymour has potential at the 4. Needs to hit the weights, but he has the height and athleticism. His high school stats indicate he’s a player. Need a PG big time. I don’t know what it is that’s keeping Trevin Wade off the court, but if it’s that he’s just not as good as Craig Porter, then we’re in serious doo doo. Need to cut our losses here and get a PG ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                        Read somewhere that NCAA offered seniors anther year of elegibilty due to the Covid year. Anyone here that?
                        It’s been discussed about 100 times. Most seniors will go pro if they have an option, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                          EVERYONE gets another year of eligibility. This year doesn't count towards their 4 years. Seniors don't count against the scholarship limit next year. So if Gilbert and Wade return, we are allowed 15 scholarship players next year.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            HCIB said that he would ask every player, "the day after the season ended" what their plans were regarding their return to Wichita. We have 13 scholarship players. My SWAG, 2 graduate, at least 4 transfer, one or two get pushed out. New team.
                            I believe IB said yesterday he was going to give them a week off then talk to them. That's probably best .. Give them some time to separate from a disappointing loss before making a critical life decision.

Comment

I think players will dictate when they enter the portal assuming they are leaving on their own accord.

Comment

Working...
                              X