No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Drake First Four Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The players lost...period. Go to bed and dream of being better. Right now they are not as good as they hoped to be. NBA? No fracking way. Maybe a basketball camp or two.
    When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      NEVER should have hired IB. Now we are stuck with him. Terrible coaching the last 3 games.
      Ready for AG to move on and he can take TE with him. TE didn't attack the basket once NOT ONCE. So soft.
      Keep MU and DD.
      For me , at least, the season was a bust.
      Done with basketball for awhile. Can't watch other coaches actually coach their teams.
      Most important position to recruit is a quality PG who can defend - AG got abused.
      WSU IS NOT STUCK WITH HIM. Honor his deal and demote him.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
        We missed 11 free throws and lost by 1 point. I have not seen the stats but I bet they shot less than 50%. I am also glad the season is over. I will not have to watch any more games where we just let teams back in the game with stupid play. I bet in 3 tournament games I Tre Wade scored less than 10 points. He is our starting power forward. WOW Coach Brown better go find a power forward that can score. and a real pont guard that can score and lead a team.

TE better get used to people setting up to stop him. But he had some decent shots just missed. DD get in the gym and shoot and learn to make a left hand layup. RC IV, learn to go the cup without falling down. Learn to shoot midrange. The same for MJ.

Clang I just missed another free throw.
        stats were simple that we got out shot, out rebounded, fewer assists...shall we keep going

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I agree - and all the more reason we had to retain IB. If we get rid of him we are bound to have half the team leave again. Not really ideal in any situation in any way, because we had to fire Marshall. Not great in any form. Didn't even want to hire IB, but not sure we had a ton of options.
          How about a shorter contract? That was an option.

Comment

• Next season will be interesting. Was this team just super lucky and we regressed to the mean the last two games? What can IB do with a full offseason as
            top man? Can we learn to take better shots?

Comment

• 11-22 throws. Ouch!!! We had around 12 pt. Lead in first and 2 half only to open the flood gates both times. Ouch!!! Drake did a good job on defending ET. This team did way better than I ever dreamed overall. The Shocks let this big one slip through our fingers and we all feel disappointed, especially our players.

From here, recruit, recruit, recruit, then repeat!!!!!!!
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post
                WSU IS NOT STUCK WITH HIM. Honor his deal and demote him.
                please explain. Legit asking

Comment

• Gotta laugh at all the coach blame. Make a couple free throws and win the game.
                  "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• We missed another free throw just now.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I totally agree............IB will never put a team in the top 20. Get used to it.

Comment

• I’m sure MVCfans is rioting in streets right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          NEVER should have hired IB. Now we are stuck with him. Terrible coaching the last 3 games.
                          Ready for AG to move on and he can take TE with him. TE didn't attack the basket once NOT ONCE. So soft.
                          Keep MU and DD.
                          For me , at least, the season was a bust.
                          Done with basketball for awhile. Can't watch other coaches actually coach their teams.
                          Most important position to recruit is a quality PG who can defend - AG got abused.
                          A lousy 7 assists tonight. Again, poor coaching not getting your team to move the ball !
                          Never thought I could read something so stupid.

Comment

• Serious question. If AG decided to come back for a 5th+ season, would you want him to come back? Not trying to be funny, serious question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                              Gotta laugh at all the coach blame. Make a couple free throws and win the game.
                              You’re right. We executed that thing beautifully.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                                Play Angry, or Stupid
                                They’ve chosen “stupid” all year

Comment

Working...
                                X